24h - La Marche 1960 [Results]

amazing build, what’s the final weight?

Love to see the Aussies here! Both of them seem proper brutal. I hope you remember(ed) to put numbers on the front and back before sending in.

1 Like

Introducing the Tarske HE832 SP

After racing as a privateer for several years, the German team hopes to make an impact on the debut of their first car.

With a mid mounted 3.0L V8 engine and a fibre glass body on top of a steel monocoque chassis, this car aims to compete for the overall win.

9 Likes

1960 Knightwick Kestrel LM

To test the metal of the upcoming Knightwick Kestrel coupe and Sabre roadster a small team of engineers took a couple of pre-production bodies and worked on a car that was able to compete with the best at the 1960 Le Mans 24hr.

Much of the bodywork was unchanged from the road car. The front end however went through a more aerodynamic overhaul with lower headlamps and a lower wider front grille with extra driving lamps for night time running.

The engine was a Valiant motors 265ci V8, reduced down to 244ci to fit into the 4.0 litre GT class. Like the road going car it uses a four speed manual gearbox, a clutched lsd is used on the competition car however.

Technical Specifications
Length 3.99m
Width 1.59m
Wheelbase 2.34m
Weight 1002KG
Chassis steel monocoque
Panels steel
Front Suspension Double Wishbone with twin tube dampers
Rear Suspension Leaf sprung live axle with twin tube dampers
Front Brakes 250mm solid discs, single caliper
Rear Brakes 250mm drums
Steering manual rack and pinion
Front Tyres P195 80R13 109Z bias ply
Rear Tyres P195 80R13 109Z bias ply
Engine 3999 ohv V8 with quad carburetors
Transmission four speed manual, rear wheel drive
Power 232bhp@6200rpm
Torque 285NM@5200rpm

11 Likes

1960 Ragnarock Hliðskjálf Stock Car

A completely untested Stock car for the Lemans grid. Run by the Stein Ragnarock dealership team in the 59 Nascar season, this car is a beast with a 5L V8 making 366hp and 316lb-ft at 6000rpm. It has barely been modified from it’s Nascar spec apart from headlights and other accessories for Le Mans racing.

25 Likes

Maybe a little late but how many seats are required, it says sports prototypes need room for 2 seats but not that it’s required?

You can go for only one seat, there just needs to be a space big enough for a second one beside it in the design. From what I can tell this is mostly to prevent people from entering like formula one inspired cars.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1960 Wolfe Rattler S1600

Wolfe is going to the 24h La Marche!

It is also bringing the big guns - the Rattler is powered by a 1.6L Inline 4, mounted just behind the driver. This mid configuration allows for maximum agility. With a small 2m wheelbase, this Canadian beast reaches 290 km/h, thanks to it’s 225hp and over 10k redline.

It is small, nimble and packs a huge punch. See you in your rearview mirror!

14 Likes
29 Likes
Competing in the 1960 La Marche International 24 Hour Motor Car Race! The Xf Spire!

Built pain stakingly and thoroughly by the engineers at Xf! New aerodynamic innovations made by the Xf engineers for this race!

Be wary of the Xf Spire!

American power and speed! Years of designing, engineering, and test driving have all led to this! The ultimate racing machine!

A top speed of 186.1 miles per hour! New carbon fibre panels give the Spire a light weight edge. The world’s most advanced aerodynamics race car build!

The Xf Racing Team!

More photos

6 Likes

Mullemeck is back, last time it was the 24h of nordschleife.

This time, from the forests of sweden, Mullemeck Raketost:

10 Likes

COLLIS AT LM1960

Travel fast. Travel in style.

Collis enters the brand new and prestigious Citus model into the 1960 LM. The Citus has a fresh and progressive design with a sleek body, semi-pop-up headlights, and functional side vents. On the engineering side the car is just as progressive, featuring a large, powerful, yet smooth inline-6 engine. The Citus is guaranteed to soothe all senses.

Now let’s win this thing.

Snaps

12 Likes

Thanks! It just comes out at slightly over 820kg iirc (67R/33F)

1 Like

Probably about 3 hours engineering and tuning and an other 5 hours designing, but I’m not very good at keeping track of time.

By the way, I’m a little curious as for approximate cost. It didn’t play a part in the rules but I wonder which car is the most expensive? The Spire has an approximate cost of 43,500

This is my first time joining any sort of competition here.
I feel like it would be cool to post what i have cooked up :smile:

This is Monarch GT3.
An American car, potentially designed by europeans, and driven by a brazilian.

I hope to be at least a little competitive with this one.

8 Likes

<br

16 Likes

SOMERVELL XC-8LMR

This is the eXperimental Car, 8 cylinders, Le Mans Racer. Not a Somervell Condor, no sir, never heard of one. You’re talking nonsense.

Seriously, though: Somervell’s endurance racing team, orphaned after the American corporate pullout from racing in general, was forbidden from using the Condor name - or any part of the new Power-Jector fuel tech. The team instead opted to take the Condor body, hollow it the hell out, and install an aluminum knockoff of the Somervell Big Block in it with a super-short stroke and advanced cylinder heads. A four-barrel would “simply have to do” as induction. The resulting 380-horsepower, sub-4-minute XC-8LMR, then, was a car that set out to do battle in Le Mans’ GT class without manufacturer backing - and would carry out this dreadful mission with an equally ominous code: #66.

Credit to @debonair0806 for the bodywork, as this is a derivative of our joint CSR155 entry.

15 Likes

1960 Baron Cecile 1600 S "Breadwinner" Aero

Small, but mighty

Baron Engineering’s 1960 challenger for the 24hr of La Marche for the GT 1.6 class and an exploration of what this small outfit can do in international competition.

Details

Originally a 2-door coupe, this car has been modified and moulded around aerodynamics, smoothing out the body, and reducing drag thanks to local coachwork efforts. The aero lights and the fastback rear are the main pieces of this low drag design approach.

The car originally had a more standard light pod setup with large protrusions in the front bodywork. To reduce drag this area was smoothed down forming these aero lights, still featuring the same sized lights from the original but packaged in a more slippery form.

The rear has been converted to a fastback from the original 2 door coupe this car is based on. This modification forms a kamm-tail rear theoretically allowing for a decrease in drag compared with the normal coupe design as well as keeping the dimensions of the car reasonable which wouldn’t be possible with a complete long tail design.

Engine and Drivetrain

The VTG-4 inline 4 cylinder engine is a 1.6 litre, all aluminium, twin-cam, 16 valve, Inline 4 engine. Baron Engineering has worked over this unit for this event and have manged to pull out all the stops to get 148hp and a redline of 7900RPM.
Paired with this engine is a 4 speed synchromesh manual gearbox that sends its power to the rear wheels

With 148hp, 666kg, and a top speed of 209km/h, the Cecile Aero marks its place as the breadwinner for Baron Engineering

More Images

I hope it passes but wouldn’t be too fussed if it didn’t
I cant believe i wrote Jericho instead of Baron multiple times and didnt notice, a bit out of it

14 Likes

Greetings from Pernambuco :blush:

1 Like