A peculiar problem I've noticed. Can anyone help?

Okay, so, not long ago today, I decided to boot up Windows again to try to play Automation, amongst other things, and while Steam is working okay, I’ve noticed a rather peculiar issue with Automation.

I was able to start the game normally, but I quickly noticed that the game would stop at about ~160 MB or so of memory and simply not load any further…dumping the file didn’t help. I restarted the game, only to have the exact same thing happen again. I then tried to start it up again for a third time, but nothing came up at all. So, I looked up the process on Task Manager, and found the Automation Launcher…but with less than 100k of memory.

But when I tried to close it, Windows wouldn’t let me. And I tried several times.

Has anyone else noticed this by now? It sounds like it could be a significant problem of some kind, as rare as it is. :blush:

Try rebooting. It’s windows so that’s always the first step to weird issues.

So does this happen every time you try to start Automation, even after a restart? Have you tried to “verify game cache” for the game on Steam? Have you tried to reinstall the game if the verify doesn’t make it work?

Not every time, no, but it’s happened to me twice today. Also, I clicked the “verify game cache” options, and it says that everything had been verified. I’ll try to boot it up again soon after I restart this computer, and I’ll let you guys know if it worked.

Just tried booting Automation after a restart: Still won’t load properly, and I can’t find anything that looks conclusively problematic in the log files, either.

It’s getting to the point where I may need to re-install the game, but I have no idea if it’ll wipe out all my files. I might have a backup somewhere, but I’m not sure. All I can say is, this kinda sucks. :cry:

I don’t know if this is the same issue I suffer sometimes when I start the game as first thing on the PC.

When I start the game immediately after I start the PC, the game load a bit and then got stuck.
I usually solve it doing 2 thing:

1. Starting another game and closing it. (for example Payday2)
  2. Reducing the Automation quality and resolution to the minimum.
    After this the game load properly, and you can revert back the game resolution and quality.

Please let me know if this can work for you.

[quote=“NormanVauxhall”]I don’t know if this is the same issue I suffer sometimes when I start the game as first thing on the PC.

When I start the game immediately after I start the PC, the game load a bit and then got stuck.
I usually solve it doing 2 thing:

1. Starting another game and closing it. (for example Payday2)
  2. Reducing the Automation quality and resolution to the minimum.
    After this the game load properly, and you can revert back the game resolution and quality.

Please let me know if this can work for you.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice! I did manage to get the game working again early this morning, but I will definitely try that when I have a problem next time(I might need a game other than that pinball game I got, though, that game won’t boot, period)