A request for assistance from the community

We hope Automation will be a great game, and as the first of its kind as a proper tycoon game for gearheads, we think car guys will love it, but if we want to seriously try and take this on as our full time job, we need enough of a comunity that we can count on some sales

Making the game, we can do, the thing that is most difficult for an indie production such as ours is getting people to know we even exist.

This is where you guys come in - if you want to help out, this is what you can do :slight_smile:

If any of you have favorite car forums or gaming forums,it would be great if you could make a post about us (if appropriate to the forum),
paticularly in non-english speaking forums where we don’t have the language skills to post! (I know a few have you have already done this, and its had a really noticable effect on the amount of people visiting the site and joining the forums, so thanks!)

Also if anyone asks you questions on the forums you post on, feel free to come to us and ask for the definitive answer.

Lastly, if you have any friends who are car nuts, let them know about us (you would probably do this anyway, but thought I would mention it!)

So, if you are wondering what you can do to help, there you are!

Oh, and also, if you want to PM me and let me know where you’ve posted so I can check out people’s response to it :slight_smile:

I have already posted info on this game on 3 forums, but have forgotten the norwegian Honda forum, will post there also!

I noticed your post on club RSX, my brother is a member there :slight_smile:

I will post on some forums… I already posted on one, but its a small forum for a independent developer that made a casual kind of car tycoon game… Some of the people asked if anyone knew of similar games so I pointed them this way. I dunno if it did any good, no replies yet.

Im a member of the Paradox forums, but I don’t think there are too many car people there. Maybe some that like Business type games, but I’ll give it a try anyways. Also I will post on the Escapist forums… I could also post on the ArsTechnica forums if I can remember my username/password.

If I get bored I might just join some car forums and make some posts :slight_smile:

Edit: Also I will make a post on the Test Drive Unlimited 2 forums… It will be a good change from my usual posts about how horrible that game is :laughing:

the slight problem i have seems to be my not being on any car forums. (exept a browser game for race team managing, where links to foreign pages will be deleted; one mod tried to ban me for posting a you tube link about a car that was discussed. had to PM the admin on the second server to get unfrozen on the first…). And the others where already mentioned…

as for getting known: both steam and impulse have daily popups for new games, regardless of big corp or indie.

impulse normally displays them on start up, steam on playing another game.

valvesoftware.com/business/ says steamworks is free…

Its free alright, It won’t cost you a dollar… just your soul :smiling_imp: :laughing:

We are considering Steam distribution, but its never quite as easy as it looks, and they want to see something pretty complete before they’ll consider you it seems

[quote=“Drake”]

says steamworks is free…

Its free alright, It won’t cost you a dollar… just your soul :smiling_imp: :laughing:[/quote]

what would one want with this black, rotting and shriveled up like a raisin thing? :stuck_out_tongue:

its my duty to humanity to contain it, and let it not to be released till my death.

Hehe! Well said.

We’ve been getting quite a few new visitors thanks to people posting about us so nice work guys! :slight_smile:

If anyone has any ideas where else we might market ourselves, don’t hesitate to suggest them.

I just remembered something. You could try getting your game on indiegames.com/

I don’t know if they post games in developement though, but it might be worth looking into.