A suggested change to the fixture selection/category UI

With the 3D fixture update, new fixtures and categories were added to the Fixture selection UI and imo, its gotten pretty cluttered and hard to navigate. There are also some pretty pointless categories. i.e. towbars and sunroofs

There are also the favourites categories that no one really uses along with the fixture year and fixture shape selection. As such, I feel a change in the fixture selection/category UI is due, if not now maybe later because, if I were a new player, I would feel this UI is pretty daunting to use.

Here’s my suggestion:

As you can see, the number of fixture categories have been cut down from 30 to just a core 8 categories which are:

• Lights
  • Intakes
  • Aero
  • Body Molding
  • Wheels
  • Badging
  • Misc
  • 3D

With just 8 categories, the icons can be made larger and easier to see and it removes clutter making the UI more simple.

On the very right, the fixture year and shape selection has been replaced by a tag system. This is a lot more intuitive than before and should help with navigating. The favourites categories are now replaced by a favourites tag with a star icon on the bottom right of the fixture icon. As well as adding a tag to a favourite fixture, it should put that fixture at the top of the list.

While I realise that a change like this would more than likely take a fuck ton of work, I honestly feel that it would make finding and selecting a fixture much faster and would make it easier for newer players to navigate.

17 Likes

Seems very well thought out, I like it.

4 Likes

I’m up for that too.

I can see it, except I’d have misc as last instead of 3D.

1 Like