Affordable 1970s Sports Car Challenge Part 2: U.S. Federalization Boogaloo

a stupid question, I’m more of a modder than a designer, what does ET mean? :blush:

3 Likes

engineering time. PU is production units

if I participate and use a body that comes with the next update, it only works for me, is that correct?

1 Like

If it’s loaded into the game as a mod body, then it won’t work for anyone who doesn’t also have it loaded into the game as a mod body. AFAIK OB and Stable branch are the same right now so I assume that’s what you mean. Technically you could send a copy of the body mod to the host. Most competitions have a rule that you can’t use mod bodies which aren’t available to everyone via the Steam Workshop for fairness reasons.

It’s a shame, but the body will only come with the next update :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1970 Mayster Triumf L

I could have just (re)told the story behind a single car...

… namely, the lukewarm shitbox affordable sporty coupe that was the foundation of the 79 GT challenge surprise contender…

This is not the submission!

… but I instead decided to tell an entire family's (or even dynasty's) story…

… that also doubles as the lore behind the performance division for my shitbox brand:

This is the submission although it looks like many others in this thread, just worse!

If you are bored, here is the full lore thread in the car sharing forum: AMM Company Thread (Mara performance division)

The inclusion of the 'any colour yellow' joke in the linked lore text actually predates karhgath's submission above (even though I am posting after him). I just hadn't gotten around to making the car brand forum threads even though the text was mostly finished, and the shade of yellow has been established back in CSR137 and the Wangan challenge. It looks a bit different here due to me trying to imitate a fiberglass appearance.

And maybe the first time where I mine isn't among the cheapest entries!

1970 Kurskian Gala GSR

Top trim sportiness, for commuter sedan price!

8 Likes

MY70 Bogliq Bodkin Sport

A budget sports coupe for the everyman enthusiast…

An inoffensively styled sports liftback for the constrained of budget driving enthusiast.

2.1L Liberty four, 4 spd manual, 2+2 seating and requires 98RON

8 Likes

collaboration with @conan

FATI 69 1.3 SMS

Sometimes size does not matter, but the fun is what matters.

Based on the popular small car with motorsport magic, FATI model 69 now receives the “SMS” badge directly from the famous tuning house “Smorgas Motorsport & Service” with DCOE carburetors, tuned up suspensions, sporty tires, and body parts.
Don’t let the small size fooling you, this FATI 69 1.3 SMS gives you more than the match against the bigger contenders, powered with 100 horsepower engine within a lightweight body of 700 kgs, pushing 0-100 within 8 seconds, a truly pocket rocket for its size.

For such a small car yet having such a big heart, but comes with an affordable price starting from $12100.

13 Likes

24 hours remaining, and 30 cars submitted:

I have cars from

@CriticalSet9849
@fasmukji
@ImKaeR
@Edsel
@Mikonp7
@vero94773
@Fletchyboy100
@kaybee
@BannedByAndroid
@VaporRossa
@SenseiB12
@Riley
@mart1n2005
@RAZR
@DuceTheTruth100
@Maverick74
@A_Harmless_Fly
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@Jaimz
@Petakabras
@GassTiresandOil
@Elizipeazie
@MrChips
@abg7
@Kursk
@Xepy
@AndiD
@HighOctaneLove
@z2bbgr & @conan
@karhgath

13 Likes

1970 Pusilanime Amorous

A lovely fun car.

Born from the will of Pusilanime to expand its catalogue with more affordable models, this car is some sorts of relatively cheaper and simpler Curvaceous.

More pictures

10 Likes

1970 Yamaguchi Hako

How could you say no to this adorable little guy?

starting at just $13000*

2 Likes

Where is the Bogliq showroom?

Dope designs :100:

Waiting for the new UE4 variant to land, then I’ll be slowly building up an “official” portfolio of Bogliq USA, Europe, Japan and Australia!

1 Like

1970 Alira Carlisle

The car you deserve, at the price you deserve

$13,900 of pure fun!

More pictures

Lore/Specs
In the late '60s, Fabien Schuymer, head of Alira of Europe, wanted a counter to the cheap, small and light mid/rear engine sports cars being revealed at the time. Forced to improvise with what was on hand, they borrowed the chassis and basic body shape from the Alira Stinson, a larger coupe Alira was selling in America. Next, they had to figure out an engine and layout. Unfortunately, there was a dearth of small, light engines in the company at the time, which was all-in on V8s and larger 6-cylinders than would befit a sports car for Europe. At the time, Alira had a few 5L V12 test engines laying about that were planned to go into a limited run of personal luxury coupes. After a bit of testing, it was discovered that the chassis could take one of those V12s chopped in half, creating a 2.5l 6-cylinder engine perfect for use in a car like this! After swapping a set of directly acting overhead cams on, the engine made nearly 130hp. With a curb weight of 2100lbs and a 8 second 0-60, this car is far from a slouch! Next, the car was sent over to the styling team. Designed to make the most of the long wheelbase and short overhangs that they were forced to work with, modern design elements like hidden headlights and minimal chrome work came together to create something that beautifully blends American and European design!

7 Likes

1970 Midlands Io Sprint

The 1970 Midlands Io Sprint showcases the best qualities of the Midlands brand while being the least expensive car of their lineup. It gives you lightness and agility from the comfort of a premium, leather covered interior with the added pop of color matched tartan seat and door inserts. It’s quiet enough with it’s dual chamber muffler so that you can enjoy the latest music on the radio, but when you hit the gas there’s still that wonderfully tuned engine note. And speaking of performance, that’s where the Io Sprint truly shines. 0-60 passes in only 7.8 seconds and the quarter mile in just about 15.8. This is down to the Io Sprint’s 5 speed manual gearbox and low profile Tyrelli tyres, both of which keep the car feeling sprightly while still getting you a combined MPG rating of 21.4. Those tyres also give the Io Sprint fantastic cornering control, staying a consistent 1.03 Gs in most corners. With all the sound deadening that keeps the interior quiet you’d probably think that the small Io is probably bloated with weight and wallowy in the corners. Both are far from the truth. The Io Sprint weighs in at only 1760 lbs and with its fully independent suspension, it keeps body roll to a minimum. That low weight is what allows the Io to top out at 147 mph with only 116 hp coming from its 1.6 L dohc inline 4. That’s some serious speed from not much motor. The weight is also kept down by special alloy rims brought in from Midlands’ racing division. The flat, almost futuristic looking rims are able to be more structurally sound at lower weights than the traditional wire or steel rims, while still allowing for adequate brake cooling. All of this performance, which rivals some quite strong cars at a much higher price point, will only set you back $15,700. You’re getting a stunning two seater coupe with racing engineering that will easily take weekend long trips to the seaside in style, all without breaking the bank. That’s what the 1970 Midlands Io Sprint provides: high quality at an attainable price.

25 Likes

The 1970 Wanka Sport GTV6

Save Money, Drive Better. The Wanka Sport GTV6 shows no compromise although it's affordable. With its 2.3L V6 making 110WHP and 162Nm Torque, the GTV6 can reach 0-100 in almost 10 seconds. It is designed especially for people who can't buy a *insert italian brand here*. Its styling is almost identical to those sports cars, so it will definitely turn the heads. Get yourself one for only $16200!

More Pictures

8 Likes

Westland Romeo S1200

Clean, sharp lines. An engine in the middle. Miniscule weight. Hard to believe this was built it America! Italian design company Perogi was brought on for the Westland Romeo project, and what results is a car with the spirit of an Italian supercar with the reliability and power you expect from Westland- for the meager price of $15000. 0-60 in just over 8 seconds and some of the best handling characteristics on the market will remind you every day why you chose the Romeo.

17 Likes

Submissions are now closed.

1 Like

New for this year is the remake of the Yinzer Sport, labeled version Mk70, the second revision of the Sport. A decade of refinement has brought through a car that has maintained the same $20K MSRP from its introduction in 1960. The Sport Mk65 introduced disc brakes and a 2.5 liter flat six. The Sport Mk70 continues with additional upgrades, the displacement has increased to 2.8 liters with 175 hp on 98 octane gasoline. Even with the increased weight of the modern safety equipment of the Mk70 raising it 40 pounds from the previous model, the 20 percent horsepower increase has substantially changed the Sport platform into a top quality product that has a sub 8 second 0-60 time and a top speed of 165MPH. The handling has substantially improved with the new addition of gas pressurized dampers and an overall stiffened suspension that reflects it’s greatly improved performance. When cruising at 60MPH the Yinzer Sport Mk70 has a highway range of 400 miles thanks to a new 5 speed transmission and a modern carburettor that features an automatic choke letting the Sport Mk70 easily start every time.

3 Likes