AGC 28: Reflex

Elite Naginata

This is a race car, through and through. The Perfect Machine to throw down some of the most explosive tracks on Television!

Fast. Really Fast. Way too Fast.
Drifts as well.
Acceleration is real good too.

Downsides?
A house made of paper is stronger.

Time to start pulling in some Automation numbers.

This thing is absolutely intended to sit in the same design space the Elite GT12 holds in the Actual Split/Second game. Rapid as all hell, and about as fragile. This thing has a Quad Turbo V12 making 2,286hp. Rear Wheel Drive and a 7 speed DCT. We’re looking at an Automation rated top speed of 559km/h. I know, crazy. We’ll call the approximate price at $384,000.

9 Likes

Okay how tf does this move without spinning wheels, just saying

it probably doesnt.

is a wheelbase that appears rounded down to 3.0 m allowed? i have my build pretty much done but i just realised its 3.02 m

…Oof. Hopefully you won’t have to shift around too many fixtures when you copy and paste them to a shorter wheelbase.

I’m confused slightly. From what I remember, Split Second doesnt have select power figures, so what area should we be aiming for for different classes (in terms of power that is, so far I have about 960 and that seems a bit low considering the Hexagod thats above me)

The minimum power limit of 500 hp can be seen as good for an acceleration stat of between 1 and 3 (depending on the weight and size of the car), and a soft ceiling would be around 1500 hp. The soft ceiling for speed, meanwhile, would be around 400 kph.

You’re free to blow these numbers out of the water with your entries, but it probably won’t do you any favours, since there are no super secret cars with a 12/10 stat.

Ah so my car is just under the sweet spot, perfect

I think it should just be rounded tbh, it’s not that much of a difference

2 Likes

Ditto, especially when you allow wheelbase adjustment in advanced trim. If a wheelbase can visually be 3.4 m, what difference does 0.02 m make?

2 Likes

exactly.

2 Likes

I’ll make an exception for your entry, and your entry only, but…

Sports prototypes are basically the upper limit of how long the cars in this challenge should look, so I’ve chosen to essentially draw the line at the 919 Street and racing 919 bodies. Long and low luxury coupes, a la the Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6, are outside the scope of this challenge, and may be eliminated on visual grounds.

The advanced wheelbase range is intended to account for some bodies having too much of an overhang that can’t be morphed away. I won’t measure the wheelbases of entrants’ cars, but I also won’t decide for you whether you think using the advanced wheelbase settings to visually extend the wheelbase beyond 3 metres is worth the risk of it looking β€œtoo long” and thus putting it at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

AGC28-stayin_loud_-_Kastell_Wiltflower.car (51.7 KB)
If your confident, hyperactive, and have a love for nimble, tight racing, the Kastel Wiltflower is here to help you achieve your dreams. Just try to avoid literally everything

6 Likes

Elite Guttersnipe RX

A little monster that packs a big punch.

Better hope that it cooperates long enough to get you to the next challenge

AGC_28_-Rise_Comics-_Elite_Guttersnipe_RX.car|attachment (46.2 KB)

4 Likes

I’m under the assumption that since you’re new to the forums, you don’t yet have the ability to DM the host with your submission (which, for future reference, is standard for these kinds of forum challenges).

I’ll accept your entry, but I wouldn’t expect future challenge hosts to do the same (but hopefully you’ll have been granted DM privileges by then). :wink:

wait huh? Did I miss some instructions? I had no clue I had to DM you lol

1 Like

DM’ing car submissions also helps keep your design private so other people don’t just download your car and figure out any engineering tricks you’re using. Every challenge I’ve ever taken part of requires that we DM the .car files.

4 Likes

Becket Reaver 730

Developed for Reflex, the Reaver 730 takes the guts of a well-known American off-roader but turns it up to 11, with military-inspired styling and improved performance.
An aluminum body riding on a steel frame and reinforced by a rollcage keeps the driver safe and protected, without exceeding in the weight department.
Trading pure rock-crawling prowess for high-speed loose surface performance, it now employs a rally-spec AWD system with electronically controlled differentials, meaning the tuned V8 engine is able to put all of its 730 hp down to the ground in any surface. Thus, the 100 km/h sprint comes in at a brisk 3.7 seconds, while top speed is limited by gearing to a not-too-slow 325 km/h.
This intersection between strength and outright performance means the Reaver can take damage and burst through obstacles without being left in the dust by lighter, nimbler machines.

Gallery

Specs
  • 6.2 liter twin-turbo V8
  • 730 hp
  • 1245 Nm
  • 1973.6 kg
  • 0-100 in 3.7 seconds
  • 326 km/h top speed
  • Partial aluminum body on frame architecture
  • 8 speed advanced automatic gearbox
  • Rally-tuned AWD
  • Electronically controlled LSDs
  • 18 inch beadlock wheels with 35 inch off-road tires
  • Race-spec interior with FIA-compliant rollcage
  • Electronic stability control
  • Two-step launch control
  • Variable electric power steering
  • Air suspension with adaptive dampers
17 Likes
β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€β–€
β¬’ 4.0s TO 7TH PLACE β–‚
β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€

Due to the amount of instabins amid the submissions I have received so far, I have decided to give the following early submitters the opportunity to resubmit their entries once:

@Fayeding_Spray @stayin_loud @Rise_Comics @the-chowi

Because of this, I would like to remind all entrants to please read the requirements thoroughly.
Thank you for your continued interest in this challenge.

3 Likes
2018 Elite Zeron X

A one of a kind Open Wheeled prototype. V10 power and unrivaled performance. Just don't get into a scruff with a Reaver 730.

Gallery

8 Likes

Man these photos turned out way darker than they looked before.