AGC26 - Wild Rescue 300 [Result]

2020 UkrAZ Kaban Futur

Based on UkrAZ’s Futur modular architecture for commercial vehicles, it brings modern styling and interior comfort to a Soviet classic. The van-based cab seats either two or three crew, depending on configuration.

The specialized ambulance rear module has room for three crew, two stretchers and a great ammount of medical and food supplies. Wide-opening barn style rear doors, extending rear steps and dual side doors (single door on driver side) allow for easy ingress and egress for paramedics, crew and patients.

A side-mounted retractable ladder allows access to the heavy duty roof rack, which allows for storage of spare tyres, recovery boards, emergency fuel supply and even extra storage boxes, depending on configuration.

Specs:

• 2.9 litre Indiana Diesel turbodiesel I4 with 334 bhp and 791 Nm of torque.

• 10 speed close-ratio advanced automatic gearbox.

• Two-speed switchable transfer case.

• Locking differentials and transfer case.

• Coil-sprung solid axles.

• Height and stiffness adjustable air suspension for easier entry and exit for the stretcher.

• Dual snorkels for greater wading depth.

• Heavy duty winch with battery supply.

• Front and rear skidplates.

• 20 inch wheels with off-road tyres.

Gallery

12 Likes
... the cost of life, it seems to get cheaper .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
QUEZON M1776
UNITED NATIONS SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATIVES

INFO

Introduced in the late 1970s, the Quezon Special Built was once a symbol of the corruption of the Philippine government during the Marcos era. Often seen in the hands of the late dictator’s cronies, it seemed like a reflection of the people who ruled over the common populace at a time of oppression. Riding high above the average vehicle with its loud and large burbling engine whilst the passengers could relax in padded comfort as they rolled around the streets of Manila.

Even then, beneath its gilded appearance, hid a workhorse that also directly reflected the assiduous soul of the common Filipino. Its engine and chassis were by no means raised in silverware and high tech, as it maintained an industrious and humble origin throughout its production run that originated from a military background that called for being tough and capable no matter the scenario.

Indeed, the Special Built was not as special as it might have seemed. Coming from a requirement from the Philippine Army that needed a versatile platform for its light utility needs, Quezon stepped up and scrounged whatever technology they had at the time to appeal to a potentially lucrative contract.

The vehicle entered service in 1977 as the M1776, and while it was indeed versatile, it unfortunately wasn’t the vehicle the Army wanted or needed in very high volumes, especially for how much Quezon charged compared to competitors. And with military funding partially funneled into the pockets of high ranking members of the Rolex Twelve, the M1776 never lived up to its full rank-filling capability.

So what about the public? Quezon tried it out, introducing it as the Special Built. Coming in many kinds of forms with drivetrain and trimming options, it represented multiple worlds that were unexpected to be in a single vehicle frame. From the humble military-derived 3.8 straight six equipped rear-drivers for the common man, to the snobbish American V8-powered four-wheel-drive offroad luxury bricks requested by clients with deeper pockets, it filled a rank in the consumer market that it never could in the military.

But as the 80s progressed, and the idea of democracy once returning to the Filipino, ostentatious displays of wealth were shunned and associated with corruption and greed. The people had to return to power eventually. And they did in 1986.

By the 90s, Quezon was in a bad situation. After a scandal in the late eighties, and a restructuring of the company following its first in a line of many bankruptcies, the company was struggling to replace models that it phased out. The Special Built still remained a favourite in the Philippines for many because of its dependability, allowing it to be produced by Quezon all the way through a tough decade.

The United Nations noticed this during their search for workhorses to serve their peacekeepers around the world. With a quick evaluation of a donation vehicle from the Army, they found the 20-year old design still robust and cheap enough for their needs. With little maintenance needed on all models equipped with any powertrain, it proved to be useful enough to be requested by the UN as an interim model whilst evaluating other designs.

Out in the deserts, with men drinking from canteens, in the tough conditions to represent freedom for many oppressed, these white trucks turned from a figure of corruption and nepotism, into one that symbolized hope, and a better tomorrow. It entered the UN Peacekeeping Force with the same designation as it did in the Philippine Army; M1776.

The M1776 had multiple variants with different wheelbases. Ambulances, troop transports, or improvised technical vehicles were among the many roles that it served all around the world. Some were donations, but a few were built out of newer Special Built models produced in the 90s, with replaceable bulb headlamps instead of sealed beams, and other modern amenities to keep it future-proof. The engine was equipped with fuel injection instead carburetors, and the drivetrain was beefed up after studies from older models utilized by the Army, allowing it to continue serving as an international symbol for salvation, medicine, education, and hope.

i just wanna get this entry over with, if i edit this post again it’ll be for adding in the drivers if im motivated

19 Likes

72 hours, 35 minutes remaining

All entries so far are deemed rules compliant and on the podium. :medal_sports:

1 Like

ICONIC HTX Service Version

The HTX platform is a workhorse with style. A 5.0L twin-turbo V8 produces ample torque and 504HP, which powers through a 9-speed auto transmission, and down to 4x4 locking diffs.

8 Likes

oh shit I completely forgor about this
I cant make anything tonight or tomorrow so I guess ill keep my fingers crossed that I have time on Friday

2 Likes

I know nobody asked but my plates too full rn, I cant compete

1 Like

After a long time away, I’m back and entering this competition.

Continuing the famous SX series, which has been renound for its unparalleled combination of durability, performance, adaptability, and value for money for decades, Bechov has improved all aspects of the model for 2010 with the SX93.

Built upon a tough all-steel chassis, the smooth and linear 200HP from the 4.5L V8 is transfered to each of the four wheels via a modern and state-of-the-art viscous LSD and 6 speed gearbox, featuring Bechov’s specially designed 4WD traction control system.

For the SX93, Bechov engineers have managed to achieve class-leading comfort through our patented “Be-Hydro” suspension setup, which means that you will remain refreshed until the end of your journey, without having to sacrifice handling and reliability.

Delivering value like no other, the 2010 Bechov SX93 can be yours for a cost of only $16,400

7 Likes

hewwo yes I actually submitted smth.
The Tiharris Dalesway Rocker (its not a second gen Range Rover shush)
I really had to rush it so I dont expect it to be that good, however an idea I propose is a use over time damage
Basically, the more you use a car, the more idle damage the car will take (badly simulating engine wear)
I also suggest fuel tank upgrades that would make cars last longer in game, but they dont need to model a new tank of course

2 Likes

A very attentive user made me aware of a typo in “naming convention setup” - AGC25 instead of the correct AGC26.
I wouldn’t dream of binning somebody over my own mistake, but it seems y’all got it right as of now anyway.

Just over 7 hours left

uhhh I didnt, I put AGC25

Well you did send it seconds ahead of my posting about it, so you wouldn’t know.

As this came up literally the same day as deadline, I won’t care whether anyone named it AGC25 or AGC26.

Received legal entries from:
@Knugcab
@the-chowi
@variationofvariables
@Lanson
@machalel
@IDK158

Edit: this also the final roster. Reviews coming edit: this weekend pinky swear

3 Likes

knock knock?

1 Like

dd0
Sorry. Another 48 gross hours needed

4 Likes

20.04.20 13:37
Re: Assignment 13
Hello boss, see attached memo, all vehicles good for game, please pick a cover photo car.
Pekka Vesterinen, Wizard Apprentice

Asset Memo C2.2: Player vehicles
A total of six cars were received for scrutiny. All were within performance targets and by my judgement credible additions to the game.

@Knugcab

Has up to 7 seats; might come in handy for some mission setups. Apparently the seats can be replaced by the required medical equipment modules through some quick spanner work. This also contributes to it being the heaviest. That snorkel looks like it would snap off on the first day, good thing we aren’t modeling visual damage.

Livery aside it looks more like a soft-roader, but it does ride on a honest ladder frame and has all the good off-road goodies including slightly oversized tires.
A capable allrounder with no glaring faults, but not quite the cover queen.
Appropiate high visibility livery; perhaps this could be implemented on the other cars as alternate skins DLC?
OOC: Definitely got the Visibility memo. IP Battalions glow in the dark confirmed?

@the-chowi

The most purpose-built entry, which is somewhat reflected in its strengths and weaknesses. Lowest drivability and comfort rating, but very survivable, both mechanically, in rustproofing and crash safety. Probably battle tested due to the drunk tourist problems in Ukraine the past few years.
Huge space for medical equipment, or potentially multiple evacuees. Very frugal diesel engine, compared to the competition at just 60% of the average consumption.
On the other hand, the most expensive to buy and service IRL, should translate to a high unlock level. Best ride height and best shod, excellent brake performance. Subjectively, this looks the most likely to pull through difficult terrain, as long as the side slope isn’t too steep. Kaban is so confident in its abilities that a winch is not part of the otherwise comprehensive auxiliary equipment package.

Cover photo Contender.

OOC: Impressive build - everything but the windscreen is made with fixtures. Very credible pretend diesel.

@variationofvariables

Another purpose-built offroad ambulance, this has a storied past and is part of a family of workhorses. It’s a very oldschool in the very best and worst ways, including a very low safety rating, but surprisingly comfortable due to hydragas susspension.

Just the two seats up front declared, presumably the large medical module contains some sort of bedside seating for the medic. Lightweight, famously reliable competent offroader without electronic interference beyond EFI.

Very thirsty and lots of emissions; better drive it in a game instead of IRL then. Decent handling, but with a twist: manual transmission, I suppose the git good players might enjoy that - the game engine supports it. It does look like the snorkel interferes with the door opening.

It being oldschool does inspire a possible Ironman difficulty setting, with no UI, no electronics and manual map & compass navigation.

Cover photo Contender. Could we get an endorsement deal with the UN, for mutual PR gains?

OOC: Another impressive build with retro vibes. Photo quality and background story made me check online if it actually does exist.

@Lanson

The sports ute; low and wide, top power, sports car fast and easy to handle. Lowest offroad rating, near top reliability, top pick for safety. On the expensive side to buy and run, so this might be a good midgame unlock to spice things up.

The layout is…interesting. The patient is loaded sideways in the rear seat area, and much of the equipment would necessarily be stored in the bed box. Perhaps an advantage on-site, but not on the move. Presumably the front passenger seat sviwels so the medic can attend to the patient for this to work. Given speed potential it still works out as the Express Delivery option.

It does look Iconic. I wonder if I should propose replacing the company Prius with one? Still, not cover photo candidate for this game, but for Offroad Emperor 2, maybe.

OOC: quirky choice with the layout, IMO it simply doesn’t work as well as the others for the use case, but it does offer variety for the game. Stylish and lives up to the brand name.

@machalel

Cheapest to buy and run. Easy to handle, and very comfortable. It is the slowest car, not that it necessarily matters off road. Short front and long rear side doors look odd but practical for rear access.

The only car with “just” full time AWD, viscous diffs instead of locking diffs, and no low range, but still has a reputation as a competent offroader, not sure how the game engine handles that.

Scary braking performance, mostly due to TP grade soft brake pads. On the whole, definitely a decent starter car. Unlike the other monocolors, has a stripe for visibility in snowy conditions.
Good, but not great looks for cover photo.
OOC: Not the best engineering choices from a realism standpoint, but it works out statswise and it’s visually good.

@IDK158

Also cheap to buy and run, not that we care for simulating that part, let’s stick to the dirty fun. This has a reputation for being a handful to drive, in part due to having severely underpowered all-around drum brakes.

A bit smaller than the others, except the giant mirrors, making it handier in forest maps. It’s a bit barebones and not really a looker for cover duty. To be honest I’m not sure about this as a player vehicle, but it just about works.

The entry to provide feature ideas:
While I think Damage Over Time Spells would be frustrating for casual players, it could certainly be an interesting feature for Ironman mode. Except for potential licencing issues and the fact that all these cars have good to excellent reliability. On a tangent, this could be a way to implement damage as well, like in that trucking simulator. And then you repair the broken differential/radiator/whatever by hitting the bonnet with a hammer, genius!

Extra fuel tank upgrades definitely a good idea especially with the gas guzzling going on here. Most entries already come with jerry cans anyway.
Yep, I’ll take credit for these ideas and in exchange make sure the Tiharris gets in the game muahahah
OOC: Engine number 69, nice. I do get that you had to rush it a bit.

20.04.20 23:37
Re:Re: Assignment 13
Sure, whatever. I’ll have the dev lead look at the game features and get the modelers ready. Send the suppliers the attached contracts for review.
We do the Kaban for cover, it looks tough and modern. Second pick I agree for Quezon.
Simo Marin, Black Wizard

Results

1. @the-chowi
  2. @variationofvariables
  3. @Knugcab

Notes
The ingame menu stats are more or less for flavor (especially “footprint”) but reflect ingame strengths. Comfort and “medical facility quality” determine how fast the casualty bar goes down over time, which shows how long they have before they die. Each time they are jolted or bashed, the bar goes down even more.

No, procrastinating doesn’t magically conjure up future epiphanies, when will I learn
Yes, I thought up offroaders theme option to get samples to learn how to build an offroader that doesn’t look like a Karenmobile

Thanks for playing
Peace

8 Likes

ayyyy thanks! and thanks for hosting this long but very fun round! loved tickling the creative side of my brain.

my latest challenge sadly hasn’t really been successful, and i’m kinda out of ideas, so i’ll delegate hosting to @variationofvariables (stellar build by the way).

(also there IS a winch, hidden behind the nudge bar).

5 Likes

aight gonna cook gimme the weekend this gonna be so fire :bangbang:

7 Likes

Thanks! The livery was inspired by how european ambulances looks nowadays so good thing it was appreciated, means that I succeeded.

1 Like

Thanks for hosting and coming up with something fun and a bit different! :slight_smile:

Very hard to compete with what winners came up with! Great job! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tiharris is happy to hear that the Dalesway Rocker made it into the game. The reason it was so minimal is because Tiharris is not a fan of people modifying thier cars that much, so it just featured taller suspension and wider tires. Nevertheless, it would definitely be a great early game car, sacrificing controllability for bieng a great car at just going.