[ALR] Automation Live Racing - New Video!

Not required, as stated in the hints.

This does refer to the approximate cost in AMU on the market tab. I don’t intend to raise the budget; you can suffer. :wink:

It’s debatable if it’s era-appropriate but I’ll leave that mainly up to the voters. I think I’m actually okay with allowing the oft-banned Capuccino body on the basis that its preposterous aero numbers have no effect in Beam, and the cabin space is not totally absurd. The only thing that should make a mod body unfair for this challenge is very large cabin volume relative to the size of the body itself.

I’m using OB. If I recall, there was talk of pushing it into stable on Monday or Tuesday if things are going well.

No, except those implied by the market score requirement.

when you hard cap et’s on a simple autobeam players apebrain
prepare to see some atrocities in the engineering tabs m8

If it’s in the rules, you’re cool. Besides, I always have an ET cap and the only atrocities it’s caused are -15 quality in unimportant areas, which is why there is a minimum quality now. I never did have a ‘no meme cars’ rule though, and I dont intend to.

I’m afraid I have one rule to amend which I forgot to include originally: Maximum 10% stress on engine parts.

It would be a perfect job for a reengineered Lacam Roizon

1 Like

Update to the schedule: The race will take place 90 minutes later, at 1:30PM CST instead of 12:00PM. This should be the final schedule tweak.

It says Aluminium isn’t allowed but what about aluminium engines? As that doesn’t massively increase production units.

By aluminum not being allowed I only meant aluminum body/chassis. You are free to make aluminum engines. In fact there is also no limit to production units (except insofar as they impact total price), since these are luxury cars.

1 Like

ight 3-way cat is basically my 3rd muffler

Was making a turbo I6, then read NO TURBOS and became sad.

Yeah- it’s a lot harder to figure out how much power people are going to bring to the track with turbos, and massive differences in power don’t make for an even race. Additionally, turbo behavior is slightly weird in BeamNG.

I guess. Though with a 90 ET limit for engines and the displacement per kg I don’t think you’ll be getting anything with more than 400 horsepower on the grid.

I hope not! My original plan was “GT cars with around 200 horsepower” and that’s what I wrote the engine limitations around. If anyone comes in with more than 300 I’ll be surprised.

2 Likes

Ah thanks! Thats good I’ll keep my alu engine then.

I made a car for fun and practice (and for my car thread lineup) as I am quite new - Restrictions were quite fun to work with. Unfortunately, I do not have BeamNG yet (planning to get it next month) and would be stuck with keyboard anyway. Still, thanks for the fun and challenging requirements @SenseiB12 ! I’ll be a spectator :wink:

@pcmoreno was just telling me that he knew someone who was interested in racing but didn’t have time to make a car, so you may consider getting in touch!

are illegal cars going to be notified if submitted before deadline/tech check?

Thanks, I reached out, we’ll see. In any case, if a car-less driver wants to drive this smallish car, let me know!

The no wing fixture rule, does that include spoilers as well? I used mine for looks, but can remove them if I get a driver.

You can have me check your cars ahead of time, I’ve done a few already.

I’m pretty sure still only wings produce downforce in BeamNG, so lips and spoilers are visual only.

The 80’s, those times when rain was purple, super mario bros was released and the purple Lakers had magic. You could not be a star without a shiny purple outfit. In these lines Winthorpe Motors presented the Wario!

With a chonky 4.7 Liter Boxer 6, all the luxuries one can think of, and off-course, automatic gearbox.

2 Likes