[ARM] Automation RestoMod Chapter 29: Natasha (Final results out!)

Does chopping and dropping the top count as a significant body mod?

2 Likes

Yes

submitted

Make sure to post an ad

2 Likes

oh

My submission

extra photos

3 Likes

Forgot the reminder yesterday about one week being left, so I do it today instead, a little less than a week now, so still some time…

I have one complete entry this far, from @ThatEpicBob .

48 HOUR REMINDER

Now it is really time to get your entries together. I still only have one entry and I hope I will get at least some more…

2 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1949 ARVA P21 Nachalnyk
By ZRD

Why is this ghosted what, anyway stats

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Actual model may change in final submission.
9 Likes

2020 LG 49 ARVA P21

The P21 from Lightning Garage. It is carefully restyled with a lowered roofline, it have a completly remade leather interior with the latest elecronics. The original engine is swapped for a small modern V8.

Gallery

10 Likes

MONS CUSTOMS

Introducing the

“Natasha” ARVA P21 Nachalnyk

Dear Mr. Nachalnyk,

Please accept this letter as our formal offer to restomod your '49 Arva P21 Nachalnyk. It was a challenge we gladly took on - let the proposal speak for itself:

Engineering

For your car we chose to replace the old and ailing powerplant, and install one of our own. The new engine is a smooth inline-6 with just enough power to instill confidence, but not so much as to overpower the car. We mated the engine to a new AWD system and a sophisticated automatic gearbox, so this car will be a breeze to drive anywhere you might want to go. For even more comfort and handling, we installed the latest in power assists and driving aids too, and tuned the suspension for a perfectly comfortable and stable ride!

Exterior

The immediately obvious change to the P21 is the two-tone paint job, with a rich metallic dark green in the lower half, and a metallic grey for the canopy, giving the allure of a classic convertible while retaining the comfort and rigidity of the full cage. We blacked out all old chrome bits with our own special black chrome. On the side of the car you’ll see some body panel moulding to accentuate the sleek lines of the car. We also brought all lights up to modern standards, including a triple rear light cluster based on the design of the original. Last but not least, the retro-modern looking wheels round out the design.

Interior

The inside of the car received equal attention to detail as the outside. We ripped out the old bench seats, and installed four comfortable loungers. Of course only the best luxury materials and padding is used throughout, and all controls are of the highest modern HUD standards. In the centre console you will find two touchscreen controls as well. Don’t be fooled by the gear lever! It is a simple rotating dial on top to select your preferred automatic gears - it is simply there for nostalgic reasons to harken back to the old times…

In summary, we hope that you agree that this is the perfect restomod of your belowed P21, and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,
Mons Customs

10 Likes

CLOSED!
I have full subs from:
@Riley
@ThatEpicBob
@cake_ape
@Ch_Flash

I have given some leeway for an ad from:
@moroza

8 Likes
INSTABINS
INSTABINS

The ARVA P21 Nachalnyk by @ThatEpicBob . Reason: Uses a racing exhaust header.

Going further:
@Riley
@Moroza
@cake_ape
@Ch_Flash

4 Likes

My heart. Please.

4 Likes

I am even better than Pontiac when it comes to “building excitement”. :wink:

3 Likes

Same.

1 Like

instabin 2.0👍

AESTHETICS
Davyd had now recieved e-mails from five restomod companies. After sorting out one using an exhaust manifold that wasn't deemed street legal even in post revolution Archana, only four remained.

ARVA P21 Nachalnyk ZRD

@Riley

OK, the negatives first, at a first glance. A fake supercharger is a bit on the tacky side, and something I could have done without. Also, the flames. I don’t have anything against flame paintjobs per se, but in this case, they look a bit on the tacky side like the supercharger. A bit too much like if it was decals bought at the local gas station. Overall, paired with the style of wheels and the two tone paintjob, this look a bit like if it had been built as a concept car to promote the Road Burners line of toy cars. Not that I would necessarily call that a negative thing per se, but yeah, maybe not 100% what I was looking for.

What I really like, however, is how they reshaped the rear end. It reminds me of the ZZ Top Cadzzilla, a car that impressed me a lot in the 90s, but gives a more up to date appearance with its sleek LED graphics. The fenderskirts helps even more to give it a heavy, lead slead look that looks nothing like the stubby original, and yet somehow stays true to the shape. I also like how they incorporated more sleek versions of things like the door handles and the…well, the single brake light on the original, but probably it serves like a third brake light now.

Also, the front end stays true to the original, but with improvements like some halo DRLs that makes it look sinister, and sleek turn signals recessed into the front bumper. Many people would probably say that the hood vents are a bit on the chunky side, but I like them.

I only have nice things to say about the interior. It is minimalist without becoming boring or feeling cold, keeping the green colour but redoing it in leather and carpeting is a nice nod to the original, and one thing I really like is the sleek center console.

ARVA P21+N

@moroza

The looks of this one can mostly be described in one word - stunning! The miles deep candy blue paintjob along with the tinted glass and “black chrome” finish on the details gives it a sinister look, the same could be said about the new headlamp rims that now surround classic Lucas 3-bar lights. The recessed door handles disappearing into the side trim is a nice, almost art deco touch. Is the new, square pattern grille more beautiful than the original, horizontal bars? Can’t say for sure, but it does not look out of place on the car.

The chopped roof and the fenderskirts, along with the lowered suspension gives it a fat leadsled look, and the classic spoked wheels (but in modern dimensions) further contributes to that look. Integrating a shark fin antenna in the ridge on the roof is nothing but a genius move. The sidepipes? Well, they aren’t out of the place on this car. Classic bullet mirrors also feels like the right choice, and the taillights kind of resembles the originals, but sits more flush.

If one should complain about something on the outside, it is maybe that the aerodynamic devices takes away some of the “classic” look - but with a top speed of almost 300 km/h it is understood that the 40s shape may need some help to not get airborne.

On the inside it has received a classic Grant steering wheel, a different but still period correct dashboards, black carpeting, black leather bucket seats all around with red seatbelts as a little accent in colour. It seems to be high quality work, and tastefully done with great attention to detail, not really anything to complain about here either.

LG ARVA P21

@Ch_Flash

Normally I like Lightning Garage’s cars but this isn’t one of them to be honest. My main gripe is the redesign of the front end - it literally looks like if it is sucking on a lemon now. I honestly don’t know about this exact shade of blue either - it’s subtle and tasteful, but at the same time I think that it is a bit boring. I also get the impression that the wheels are a tad on the big side in the arches. Also, it has a roof chop like the P21+N, but in this case the entire roof seems to be replaced with one from the last facelift in the early 60s where the split windows and ridge on the roof both had disappeared. That’s a drawback in this case, the 60s models are a lot less appreciated and sought after, for this exact reason.

But it still has some details I do appreciate. The light ramp in the rear, for example, and the integration of the rear tailpipes. The subtle arches on the fenders are a neat little detail too, as well as the hood- and fender vents.

I have seen worse, for sure, but styling wise Lightning Garage doesn’t really reach the levels of the other cars here.

The interior? Well, seems to be a nice craftsmanship here, but at the same time I think that there is kind of a clash between old and new here, while it has nothing special to offer. Overall, this reflects this car rather well, I think. The styling of the other entries has more harmony, more thought put into their details.

MONS CUSTOMS ARVA P21 “NATASHA”

@cake_ape

To start with, I think that the green and silver combo makes the car look a bit top heavy. Maybe it would have been better off in just green, or just silver. Or if Mons had performed a roof chop like on the LG and P21+N.

I am not completely sure when it comes to the front either. That bumper looks a bit too much like something lifted from an 80s car for my taste. Other than that it has mainly retained its original look, albeit with blackened out chrome trim (not sure if it matches all that well together with the green), and halo headlights.

The reshaping of the sides feels a bit over the top, much work for a doubtful result. The wheels are rather cool, though, even if I still prefer the spoked ones on the P21+N, and like the LG entry, I feel like they could have used a little less rubber, the wheel wells looks a bit full now.

I like the taillights (as long as I can get the Fiat Brava out of my head, lol), but maybe they should have stopped there without adding the extra trim pieces since I am not too sure about them.

All this complaining, though? Do I actually think that the Mons proposal is an ugly car? Nah, the overall impression of it is still OK, but there are some things that I guess could have been done differently.

I must say then that i like the inside a lot better. An interesting reinterpretation of the original, with modern materials and technology. The stock dash have received modern instruments and is upholstered in leather, there are now four bucket seats in perforated leather, and the car now features lots of modern technology on the inside. Still in green, though, as a nod to the original.

TO BE CONTINUED…

8 Likes

The taillights were a last-minute revision when the WIP turned out to look a lot like the Mons. Pure coincidence, but I didn’t want it to look like plagiarism. Here was the original:

Never did show the interior. I threw it together after staying awake way too long, and couldn’t remember what it looked like. The belts are supposed to be a copper orange shade.

3 Likes