ARM23 Automation RestoMod Chapter 23: "Rice and Shine" [FINISHED]

Seconded. Plus, “treated steel” - that is, an offroad-specific extra durability coating - would not have been the MX-5’s default panel material for sure.

1 Like

Wait, really? I thought it referred to rust protection.

To that end, I fitted partial aluminum bodywork (in which some panels, usually the doors, hood and trunk lid) are made out of aluminum instead of steel to save weight compared to regular or treated steel panels.

Also, I tweaked my test mule again, and after fitting narrower tires front and rear, decided that one lip each on both the front and rear would be sufficient. I’m using the same engine as the donor car, but making 240bhp with a turbo.

Sure, but as I see it, the problem is that there is a panel swap penalty and still a panel swap can’t be avoided, which is a bit out of balance.

Main problem is probably that the car is made with +5 TP all over, while the rules states 0 TP all over (which also is something that maybe could be seen as problematic, it will easily lead to a bin if you’re not paying attention to the TP). Maybe host have missed the change of steel type when lowering the TP.

Easiest solution by now is probably to do as usual in ARM and forward the model year to 2020. No need to do a new base car or recalculate maximum price then.

First time hosting can always be a little bit fiddly I guess, so no hard feelings. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, I forgot change TP when copying the text. Changed the rules to keep TP at 5 and forward all settings to 2020.

1 Like

This is unnecessary in view of the following:

2 Likes

thanks, remowed.

Will the budget remain? There is quite a difference between 40K at 0 tp (achievable but can in some cases be challenging) and 40 K at 5 tp (very generous)

Personally, I’d like to see it remain.

I wanna do an ARM where we get to go higher rather than lower.

2 Likes

So far, I’ve tried out two candidates for an engine that can power my test mule: one is a clone of the original engine, making 250bhp thanks to a turbo kit, and a brand-new bespoke 2.4L NA I6 that trades torque for a higher redline (8000 vs 7000 rpm) to make the same power figure. Either one is tempting - I’ll have a hard time choosing between these two if I choose to enter this ARM!

I did a K20 replica with 6 speed manual and 205 tires and it went slightly over budget with no other changes so 40k is kind of tight with no techpool

Lets keep a generous budget this time.

2 Likes

Any word on Chassis Track Width and/or Wheel Offset in advanced trim options?

Yes, Track width max 5 and offset max 45

A cheeky lil’ teaser from Sunset Garage

I can drop a little teaser too!

3 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

2023 Edition

Brand new hardtop, widebody, bonnet and big aero kit from ZRD

Partial CF panels for extreme weight reduction

All new low rear suspension with enough clearance for deep dish turbofan wheels

2.0L I4 on ITBs producing 250hp+ at 8600rpm

Redone Interior

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission.
8 Likes

The template car comes with Rear Wheelbase Offset at -2. I’m assuming we keep this?

a few nudges to make it look right is ok.

2 Likes

Preview: KNR MX-56

The MX-56 is a new upcoming release from KuroNeko Racing (aka KNR, the motorsports and tuning arm of the Kiyume automotive company), based upon the ever-popular Mazda MX-5 NA. Information is scant, however KuroNeko has released teaser footage of what appears to be the finished car, with a note saying that full details will be published shortly.

Video Clip

ARM23_-_Machalel_Kuroneko_Racing_MX-56_Animatic1

7 Likes