ARM23 Automation RestoMod Chapter 23: "Rice and Shine" [FINISHED]

ARM 23 - Reviews and Verdict

MX5 ZRD Tune @Riley

Scored 88 points of 100.

Pros.

Styling: How low and wide can you go? This is the absolute favourite of the younger viewers, it could easily fit in any street race movie.

Engine: I4, 2.0l, NA ,DOHC, 4v. This thing likes to rev! But handle that gas pedal with care, the response from the engine is almost immediate. (Throttle response at 95.9)

Somehow this car is both the sportiest and safest in the line up, and have the lowest service cost and good fuel economy.

Cons.

Performance: The lack of turbo shows here, it has the least amount of tourqe, second slowest 0-100km/h time and lowest top speed compared to the others.

Comfort: The stiff and low suspension makes this car a little to uncomfortable, and it is the loudest car here (tied)

Summary.

Aggresive styling, low and wide with a massive front wing, this thing looks menacing. The engine is a natural aspirated gem, unfortunatly the competition here has turbos or more cylinders.

MX-5 “Sakura” by Sunset Garage @HelloHi

Scored 94 points of 100.

Pros.

Styling: One of two shooting break convesions here, this looks a little lower and sportier then the ”Blue Falcon”. Both of them makes you wonder why Mazda didn’t do a long roof version of the MX-5. Great work. Lovely shade of green on this one.

Engine: B6, 2.5l, DOHC, 4v, turbo. Probably the best and most efficient engine here, second most power and torque, after a almost the twice as big V8 in the Kuroneko.

Performance: Beaten with just a fraction of a second 0-100km/h by the Kuroneko and a top speed just over 300 km/h, this is a blistering fast car.

Stats: The Sakura has the best drivability, is the most comfortable and prestigious, the second most reliable, all this for under 30000A$

Cons.

Weight: The body conversion on this car makes it the heaviest car of them all.

Summary.

Yes, Sunset Garage does ut again, A great idea of what a MX-5 can be, now you just have to build it…

Winner of ARM23

MX-5 “Sakura” by Sunset Garage @HelloHi

Thank you all for participating!

8 Likes

This is the second challenge where I finished just outside the podium… Anyways, congratulations mate!

Thanks @Ch_Flash for hosting and some great writeups! I have to pass unfortunately, on to @Riley .

4 Likes

Ah terribly sorry I’ve been away, I’ll pass onto @abg7

2 Likes

I am going to host the next round after all - just give me some time to come up with a suitable base car.

Update (July 3rd 2023, 9:45 am GMT): The next ARM is live!

3 Likes