Arpos Automotive

Arpos Automotive was Born in Italy in 1946 .
It was start to build Gt, Sport, and track Cars since 1946, and raced in most important grand prix of that time (Mille Miglia, Targa Florio, Paris-Pechino, Gt Championship) and collaborate with some racing teams in F1 and endurance Grand Prix.
From the year of born, the philosophy of Arpos engineers was create a cars with Sport, drivability, prestige attitude and for follow that Arpos workers use advanced tools and excellent materials, nearset the top of time.
In history Arpos Cars are essentialy cars who wanna and do that, comparate and make noise with much prestige and expansive car on market.

Stay Tuned for more Arpos Cars History
All Cars have no Light yellow, blu or other when we finish project…only admited blu light for slick compound.

production :
1952 - Manta
1960 - Maiella Gt (1962 first FL) .(1963 new engine serie)
1960 - Lipari (1962 FL until end production on 1964)and Vulcano Limited edition-
1961 - Vulcano Scuderia-
1963 - Maiella S.A.-
1965 - Agata-
1968 - Agata Competizione
1968 - Maiella V12 ( until end production in 1973 of first serie of Maiella)
1973 - Corvina SE-

Interesting Video

1 Like

just saying but you can edit your thread so you dont have to make a new one

yes i know that now, thankx:)

(1960) Arpos Maiella Gt

Coming soon more car info…stay tuned

During the firsts years of 60’ the GT were a type at the peak of their evolution. uncertain to adopt the splendor opulent Philosophy of the Alvis*, take advantage of the new technologies like Buick Riviera*, or focus on the Performance and race perspective Like Ferrari.
So, in The 1960, At the Tourin Car Show The Orobic Car Company “Arpos” present his GT “Maiella”, making it available through the elite sport GT; less Sport Than Ferrari “GTO”* but faster Than “DB4”.
Since 1957 the Famous “Mille Miglia” race haven’t took anymore place, and so the “Arpos” car company didn’t feel the need to develop a typycally sport prototype; however the rervest of gentlemans pilots and engineering curiosity made the Arpos Company think about producing a more sport version.
Have been admire for the elegant and sport profile , as well as for mechanical engineering.
In The reports of the time often a “Maiella” was photograph shooting in the night of Rome drived by some cinema star , contributing to the birth of "Dolce vita " epoch.
Many custumers for these reason start to ask a Spider Version of GT.

“Marcello come here with Your Maiella” say Palita Kegdeber in la dolce Vita Movie in famous scene in the fountain…

An Now some Stats:
Engine type 3.8V.M1(name factory)
V8 3000cc-229 hp-297 NM
0-100 KM/h 7.74 sec
0-400 mt 15,78 sec
Bottom end Cast Iron
Top end Alluminium
Naturally Aspired with Twin Carburetor DCOE

Chassis Name Maiella 3.8V-MS
Galvanised Steel Space Frame-Corrosion Rest Steel panel.
Front Longit. Longit RWD Space Frame.
Gearbox 4 Manual
Suspension Duble WishBone
Weight 1209 kg

In 1962 the first slight restyling of the Maiella was presented.

On the aesthetic side you can see the interventions on the front of the car; with the repositioning of the optical units, new suction grid.
On the back side the work was more complex, with the addition of chrome profiles and a new design for the exhaust system compartment.
Lateral updates were not lacking, again on the aesthetic level new suction grids were redesigned and added, the chromium plating extended and the rear view mirrors repositioned.
In this model, greater attention was paid to comfort, with the addition of a new upholstery and Audio system.

Mechanically the engine has remained unchanged in the structure, benefiting only from the experience in the production of the unit in the last 2 years, and so the power has risen to 244 for a couple of 300 thanks also using a new exhaust gas collector.This improving slightly the performance of the GT, remaining unchanged fuel consumption.

20180710104118_1

Concluding with this version La Maiella has moved slightly towards the GT Premium category, since only compared to the version of two years earlier, it has increased by about 20% on the list price.
This has always divided the public and customers, who was happy with this turn in the premium, who would have preferred a more sporty setting. Following these requests Arpos declare that a car will soon be presented for the Sport category.

The classic black was added the possibility of ordering it in Green British

In 1963 the new “901” series engine was introduced on the “Maiella” series cars. When the technicians of the “Arpos” designed the V8 in 1960, although the result was more than satisfactory, there were some points that had to be discussed again. The main one was to make the maximum power more distant from the red zone with a redevelopment at different speeds of the maximum power values.

Using the 1960 engine design, redesign and race has been redesigned.
Technically the 4 Barrel is mounted instead of the dhoc.
Only the Motor of SuperAmerica has a different base to reduce its weight.
On the aesthetic side they remain as such and those of 1962.

6 Likes

1960 -Arpos Lipari and Limited Edition “Vulcano”

In 1960 the “Lipari” model is presented and its limited edition variant “volcano”
This is a cabrio belonging to the Fun Sport category, with a turn in the supercar for the “Vulcano”
Aesthetically, the line is based on the classic canons of the 55-56 era, recalling at times the Lancia Aurelia, Austin Healey, Triumph, AC. Not being particularly innovative, however, is appreciated for its clean and simple lines.
The Lipari is presented with a motorization of 2000 cc in-line 4-cylinder engine, with a horsepower of 147 horses , the engine even if small displacement looks like a little gem for the avant-garde details of the era as top end and bottom in Alluminum, 16 valves and was specially designed for the “Lipari”
The chassis relies on a chassis composed of light monocoque. combined with a landslide system in solid disc, and double wishbone front and rear.

The car has the following services
Top speed 182 km/h
0-100 in 10 second, nearest 1g at cornering.
and it was available in the following colors
-celeste, red italy, british green.

Concluding the “Lipari” is the ideal car to enjoy the streets along the sea with the wind in your hair, for long weekends or why not used every day.

The “Vulcano” version, produced in 336 specimens, is easily recognizable from view by the enlarged wheel arches and other small details.
Although remained unchanged in the components, the Engineers to accommodate the most powerful V8 engine of 3000 cc, already mounted on the GT “Maiella” also presented that year, had to widen the track, increase the diameter of the rims to accommodate a braking system more powerful.
20180612204140_1

The Engine in the same configuration of the Maiella of 229 horse power for 297 NM manages to Push the “Volcano” at a maximum speed of 222 km/h with an acceleration from 0-100 in 6,78 sec, managing to be faster than the excellent GT.
for the first time a symbol of the “Pegasus” appears on an Arpos car, identifying the most prestigious Arpos from that moment on.
The color available is only the Mica Navy Blue, which recalls the color of the sea with the black sands of the Aeolian island.

The “volcano” made the “Arpos Scuderia” appreciate even more in the American market, asking for a large-scale version of the construction company.

Music to listen while drive this cars:
MINA- Il Cielo In Una Stanza (1960)
MINA -Tintarella di Luna (1960)
Fred Buscaglione-Eri Piccola (1960)
Adriano Celentano- Impazzivo per te (1960)
Dalida -les Enfants du piree (1960)
Neil Sedaka- oh Carol (1960)
Theme from " A Summer Place" Percy Feith (1960)
Apache- The Shadow(1960)
E.Presley- the girl of my bestfriend(1960)

In 1961 the Arpos decided to use the “Vulcan” version as an official racing car. After the countless tests Between a “Maiella” and a Vulcan equipped with an enhanced version of the 3000 cc V8 derived from the Road Series it is decided to officialize this last model.

The engine in the competition version is able to deliver a good 274 hp and a torque of 331 NM pushing the cars to 232 km / h with a recovery of 6.91 sec for 0-100kmh.
This was made possible by intervening on small measures of compression and ignition as well as revisiting the exhaust system and suction, managing to keep the fuel consumption almost identical.

On the speech of the frame The Lipari-Vulcano mounts a monoscossa chassis, useful for a torsional resistance, but which limited the lightening of the car, which results to weigh about 1200 kg anyway.

For this reason the maximum speed and acceleration were not very different from the road version.
The result is 10 cars beyond the regular production of the Volcano, 2 of them have been totally destroyed in accidents of Race, making it result today only 8 cars remaining.

In 1962 Lipari restyling is launched.
This revisitation is deeper and concerns both the mechanical and the aesthetic aspect.
The car on the aesthetic level has been very revised. It is a question of giving a more important aspect to Lipari, abandoning the simplicity of the first hour.

The front and rear looks have been completely redesigned with new optical units, an infinite number of support chromium plating, new wheel rims, new upholstery and sound system, rear view mirrors rearrangement.

The engine has been revised, the displacement has been increased to 2300cc, with a power of 146cv and 203NM also managing to improve fuel consumption.
With this version La Lipari advances in popularity, was able to be a good car, with an affordable price but not for all, the middle ground between a car of exclusive prestige and a car of greater popularity.
No other colors were added to the catalog.

1960 Atmosphere

N.B. Arpos Lipari and Vulcano Are cars optimized…i mean no yellow, blu or read lights when project is finished.

6 Likes
  • Arpos Single-Championship (2012)

Arpos Katiba RS.MK (Free Sharing Car for Launch with BeamNGDrive)
Arpos Coyote RS4k

In 2012 Arpos offers 2 ready-to-drive cars for its loyal customers on the market

The first car is the Katiba, here proposed in Ready-to-Run version (the road version has not yet been presented on the forum)

Katiba is a car designed taking inspiration for the project and the mechanics From sports cars with a central motor, with a corsaiola and agile nature in the cornering of the type “Lancia Stratos”. However, leaving free way to new stylistic ways.

Katiba is ideal for those who want a fast, reliable car, and that give you clean driving emotions, and that you want to get closer to the racing world without having to incur costs from SuperCar.

The 2012 Engine of Design comes from the standard Katiba, and is a 2000 V6 of 265 HP and 249 NM of torque, capable of pushing the car at 265 km / h and with an acceleration of 4.10 from 0 to 100 km / h with a consumption of over 9 km per liter, obtaining respectable times in Piste such as Monza (2.18.98) and Imola (2.0719)

On the Katiba chassis, it was attempted to have a car with a limited weight, limiting it to 972 kg, using the composition with aluminum panels and a semi - frame frame. Shock absorbers with McPherson scheme and a 6-speed double clutch.
The car is available only white with black-black carbon trim

The second car of today And the Arpos Coyote.

Coyote has been designed on the basis of the Sport Prototypes (LP) and represents an excellent basis also for Private Stables.

The “Coyote” Telaintamente is close to the top of the era for engineering solutions, and offers the possibility of installing different engines depending on the nature of the competitions and the Owner Team.

For the Monomarca cup and for the commercialization, it was decided to mount the internal 4,000 cc V8 engine of derivation in 2005 * adequately revised and replacing a few elements, with the aim of achieving a higher rotational speed.

The engine thus manages to deliver 495 hp with a torque of 480 NM being able to be competitive and reliable in the same way. It pushes the car to 300 km / h and with an acceleration, obtaining respectable times in Piste such as Monza (2.10.87) and Imola ((2.00.46)

The strength of the coyote, however, remains the excellent cornering that makes it a good car also for Hill climb competitions
The Coyote’s chassis is composed of carbon fiber panels and a frame insemi space frame. Shock absorbers with PushRod diagram and a 7-speed double clutch.
The car is available only white with black-black carbon trim

today we are here with Cristhopher Pasinenkov, CEO of Arpos Automative

A: Good Morning Sir!
CP: Good Morning at you and all of our friends of Automation!
A: Im Here for Your Company.
CP: Yes, First we are really happy for the union of automation and BeamNGDrive, and for this reason we wanna share here our first car on Forum.
We think about it, but at the end we prefer release car today.
A: Great! are u happy for that?
CP: Sure! we wanna share this with you, but please if custumers load it in some loader, not change name of Arpos Katiba ! Thankx.

*the engine of Coyote i do for CSR 74 Comunity Challenge, but i not presented tehe car because: 1 im a noob here, 2 prefer make much experience for me, 3 i dont like the car much.
NB: -Possibilty Car have Fixture Mods
- Criticism and discussion is welcomed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

(1965) Arpos Agata

In 1963 L Arpos began a collaboration with a Bolognese Motoristica company. This collaborative effort in the field of production in 1965 L Arpos Agata.Presented at the Geneva show of the same year, he broke the established aesthetic standards of the time.In fact, they abandoned the classic sports and gt lines of the era, to create a new car concept, with the most angular and sharp shapes that will characterize the future car market.

The technicians of Sant’Agata have collaborated for the scheme of the new v12, the first mounted in a car by the manufacturer having preferred until then the internal V8,more advanced as technical solutions, but still smaller in displacement and performance.The new engine has a displacement of 4000 cc with two valves per cylinder, double head shaft, developing a power of 260 hp for 341 Nm, has a single barrel with four carburettors, Bottom and Top in Aluminum, this allows to reach a maximum speed of 226 Km / h with an acceleration from 0-100 in 6 sec

The Agata frame is composed of Steel monocoque and Aluminum panels with double wishbone front and rear suspension, inside Luxuri seat and Luxury Radio system. The colors available are L orange and purple (vignaccia paint).

(I initially wanted to make a car that resembled the Lamborghini Miura, I used the technical specifications where possible On the Aesthetic side the front looks a bit like, while the back was more complicated, so much so that I decided to re-invent it … put ideas that could recall the alfa romeo Montreal, the Stratos launches, and the fiat x1 / 9.
Reflecting all of them are cars designed by Marcello Gandini, engineer that work for Bertone and that I design all these cars, Making “Agatha” a mine small tribute to the creativity of Gandini.

Thanks

7 Likes

Very reminiscent of a Miura despite using the body of a Pantera - but it deserves to be offered in other colors besides orange and purple, which nonetheless suit it very well.

1 Like

Thanks, and yes, in fact probably the Miura has softer lines, especially the back … even for the colors you’re right, I’ll try to offer more variations in the future. it’s only because my old computer takes a lot of time to load the automation screens, and so I did not want to spend more time taking pictures of a different color. Thanks anyway!

I’m rather fond of the styling of the Maiella, however…

ABJAybLEAd5RAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It should be “Hey Ho, Let’s Go” and I would like everyone to know that in the most self-serving way possible that I am 100% triggered.

2 Likes

Great!! Gabba Gabba Hey! :wink:

In 1952 at the same time as the start of the Fruinia Rally, “Arpos Manta” was presented.

The initial project was to create a sports car, aerodynamic and lightweight, able to be easily converted even in a racing car.
We wanted to get out of the mechanical rules easily attributable to the adopted bodywork,and so instead of the classic rear engine boxer or not, a 6-cylinder in line with 24 DHOC valves was adopted.

The initial project involved a displacement of 3,300cc, as in the “corso di Fruinia” version with a power of more than 200 horses.However, the front weight and light weight made the 3.3 version more challenging to drive, more suited to a use raginc,seen also the excellent performance (internal sources say that 3.3 is quietly able to reach 230 km / h.

So the final version of the “Manta” mounts a 2500cc, directly from the 3.3 competition, with a power of 153 hp, leaving the Manta a good light sport car, but decidedly more drivable than the bigger sister.

In the Price List the colors are available: black, celeste, white, satin.

In 1952, Italy came out of the post-war period, and thanks to the Marshall plan, it was possible to finance the reconstruction and construction in the industry.
So the first Italian Highway was born, and L Arpos as a beneficiary company of part of the Marshall funds, is committed to the supply of Some Manta (20 cars) to the Traffic Police, which until that moment still used in part the mythical Jeep Willies left by the allies .

My comments:
The choice of the bodywork has thus fallen on the similar Porsche 356 for lightness and cx. Thus, as on the canvas part, importance has been given to the lightness of the components where possible.Despite this I wanted to make a car different from the mythical 356 for what concerns the structural project. I mounted a 6-cylinder in-line frontally of almost 2500 displacement. This made me the car with a rear exhaust, having the weight of the engine all on the front axle. With a bit of testing I managed to make a balanced car, even if the slightly weak front brakes are still slightly in spite of the possible balances and without the use of prestige point.Other little problem in having a rear end plus weight loss was equip the gear ratios to avoid the wheelspin.I decided to use long ratios, being able to have a maximum speed higher than the declared one, but with a First gear a little slow especially below 2800 engine revolutions.This relationship allows us to have the first gear usable in the medium slow curves then taking advantage acceleration and extension.Generally when I enjoy building cars here I always try not to leave yellow lights, blue in the summary table, this has the brake light as described above and still leaves me a bit of regret, although I do not know if it is still the result of technology of those years or my design choice, but anyway I like the car, even if I paraphrase Enzo Ferrari … A car is beautiful when it wins …

Music for this car:

Have nice time! :wink:

9 Likes

1963 Arpos Maiella SuperAmerica

In 1963 L arpos presents the Maiella model called SuperAmerica. The intention was to create a version of the Maiella able to recall the aesthetic and mechanical canons so beloved in the United States of America.

As for the aesthetic side, widely revised in the fixtures you notice different details with respect to the Maiella GT, starting from the different ventilation grids on the side, front and back. In the front part the two additional lights have been placed in the central grille, also here with new ventilation grilles.

The rear part strongly redesigns with new headlights “competition” new grids and the addition of the small aileron. The main novelty consists in the new design of the tail, dubbed by fans “FastBack”. The drains have also been positioned laterally, to recall more the aesthetic canons of overseas.

The heart of the S.A. it can benefit from the new “901” Engines series introduced in 1963 on the structural basis of the successful 1960 V8 design. Although this 3000 cc engine with double overhead shaft and 4 barrel is conceptually different from the American big block with rods and balances and a large couple and horses, he has shown he can safely compete in terms of performance and driving enjoyment. In addition, the version mounted on the SuperAmerica has the base further lightened, just as the suction is of the Race type. Only a couple of prestige points were spent on components (to simulate higher quality screws and bolts)

Internally it differs from the Maiella only for two places, always with Italian saddlery in hand-stitched leather, just simply more sporty.

It is thought to produce a maximum of 363 units, and the only color is white.
Super America is identified in the categories Sport-Hyper and not far from Muscle

8 Likes

1 Novembre 1964

On this date L Arpos communicates that from the following year, the “Lipari” model will no longer be proposed in the Price List.
The Lipari apart The Model “Vulcano” does not fully reflect the philosophy of the house. It also pays for the design and assembly errors (on the part of my Noob level) of my first cars.
However, the Vulcano model, which features the Maiella 3000 V8 engine, is a fun car, although it has a light truck frame and an improved engine output (with the 901 series of engines this drawback has been eliminated), so much so that the house is its production in large series.

for those who want to try the car in Scuderia Version, you can find it here:

https://www.beamng.com/resources/arpos-vulcano-scuderia-1961.6351/

Thanks

1973 Arpos Corvina

In 1971 L arpos began to think of a medium-powered sports car to be offered on the market. In order not to compromise the craftsmanship of the factory,Arpos think to use the excellent platform of 'Agata of 1965, still current given the design criteria.

A new 4 valve v6 2500 engine was designed, always to be mounted in a transversally central position, powered by a DCOE system. Designed with valuable elements to support the high rotation speed.

The use of the smallest engine allowed the creation of a further luggage compartment in the rear area, in addition to the existing one in the front part.

the front resumes the typical Agata style, even if new direction indicators, a new lower grille, new low-beam headlights and the new aesthetic applications above the main headlights personalize the Corvina front end.

The back of the car was deeply revised, from the elimination of the spoilers covered the engine, to the rear lights, with the addition of the word “Corvina”. Although not yet equipped with catalyst, Arpos Corvina is the most environmentally friendly Arpos produced to date.

The data collected in the fruinia rally convinced the technicians of Arpos to leave almost unchanged the aerodynamic load of the standard car, which makes the Corvina a car not at its peak as a top speed, but that allows the pilots of rally or less experienced rally to be competitive in the medium, short, long range corners without fearing for the body or the worst for your life!

At the time of the presentation of Corvina, the six-day war that upset the world automobile industry forever had not yet happened. However, the corvina runs 6 km per liter at urban cycle, a result not exceptional, but up to that point nobody at Arpos for the nature of the cars built had put the problem …

They are available in colors.Vignaccia, Yellow racing, Orange, Black, Vulcano Blue, white.All the versions except, the black and the Blue are supplied with yellow or gold rims

(This car comes from agate and as such I left the front in the optical group unchanged, now a feature of this series.) Remember the Miura with some flashes, an addition of some touches of stratos, even if painted in pink also reminds the Penelope Lace car: O)

If Someone are intersting in the car, please D.M. me for have one, Thanks

5 Likes

Arpos Corvina Rally di Fruinia 1973

Hi!..here there is my Corvina who partecipated at last Fruinia rally of 1973…

Thanks!

3 Likes

ARPOS MAIELLA 4.V12 (1968) and ARPOS X/1-9 (1975)

In the 1968 Arpos present “Maiella 4.V12” The last variant of first series of 1960.

In this model Arpos intruduce the V12 engine in the Maiella model, with many others better technologies like new brake, new gear box, leather seats.

Engine is evolution of Agata V12, with care for drivability and conforts.
With this last model, Maiella ended the factory serie of first generation.
Maielleng

Arpos x/1-9 is a simple protoype car.

Arpos use it for make experience with new technology like Turbo and Mcpershon suspension.
engine is a " corvina" type with turbo.

Here in this livery is made for Salone dell “Automobile di Torino” of 1975,

4 Likes

ARPOS AGATA QUATTROVALVOLE (1970)

In 1970 Arpos Introduce the new version of Agata.

it was equipped with new 4 valves V12 60° 4000cc with 332 hp and nearest 400 Nm of Torque. New performance are thanks of premium component and new 4 valves for cilynders.

Body of car is much rich of details, new spoiler, new front and rear facelift, new Sport seat.

2 Likes