Introducing (with a barebones post because heck CSS)…
THE AUTOMATION COLLABORATIVE DESIGN CHALLENGE
Ah, collaboration. Creator of the most wonderful designs and the most heated fights. In the real world, most cars are the work of a skilled team of designers - not a single person working on everything. To capture a little bit of that chaos, this challenge will revolve around collaboration.
- All entries must come from teams of 3-4 people.
- Each person should be able to point to some impact they had on the entry.
- So long as each person has some work done, work can be divided in any way.
- Once you have a team assembled, please send me a message on discourse with the members of your team. You will be assigned a team number, for administrative purposes.
- When submitting, please title your engine family and your model in the format ACDC - Team .
- Judging will occur in two phases. First, cars will be put through a preliminary binning round. Any car which breaks the rules will be excluded. Second, cars will be put up to a community vote on engineering, overall aesthetics and “best car”. The winner will be chosen by the community vote.
- Feel free to discuss teams here, in the automation discord… Anywhere goes.
- CHRISTMAS UPDATE: V16 engines are BANNED, to maintain a level playing field.
The deadline for team submissions is currently set to midnight UTC, December the 31st. The deadline for car submissions is currently set to the midnight UTC, January the 24th. Voting will begin shortly after the deadline, or will begin once all teams have submitted their cars. It will remain open until the January the 24th.
With the housekeeping out of the way, let’s move on to the specifics. This challenge will focus on Modern Luxury Sedans. Specifically:
- Cars should have a trim and variant year of 2020.
- Catalytic converters and at least one muffler are required.
- Cars should have a maximum price of 100 thousand automation dollars.
- The maximum allowable engineering time for the trim and variant is 200.
- Cars must have at least 4 seats and 4 doors.
- Race parts are not allowed, and carbon fiber is mildly discouraged.
- An advert of some form is strongly advised.
As this challenge will be left to a community vote, it is difficult to give full, definitive priorities. However, some recommendations:
- Luxury sedans should look stately and impressive, from any distance and any angle.
- They should be powered by a smooth, predictable engine.
- The car should be easy to drive, with a comfortable ride and an impressive interior.
Correct as of 1 PM UTC, 25/12/2020.
Team 1: @yangx2 @titleguy1 @On3CherryShake
Team 2: @Riley @ProfessorP3PP3R @MagikarpDrowned
Team 3: @matisse.msknt @abg7 @SenseiB12
Team 4: @Boiled_Steak @CorsicaUnknown @Lazar @Xepy
Team 5: @Executive @Maxbombe @Elizipeazie @Reizei
Team 6: @MGR_99 @Ryan93 @donutsnail
Team 7: @ThatCarMadGamer @Quotex @Gizmo
Team 8: @66mazda @variationofvariables @Aruna
Team 9: @Dorifto_Dorito @DoctorNarfy @EnryGT5
Team 10: @vero94773 @yurimacs @Fabelhaftigkeit @kookie
Team 11: @Falling_Comet @That-S-cop @Tzuyu_main
Team 12: @Fayeding_Spray @chichicoofisial @Urke101
Team 13: @Portalkat42 Oliver ChildishSin
IMPORTANT NOTE: Following a vote on the ACDC discord, the deadline has been extended by a week.