Automation Game's competitor has already been released!

I loved Detroit, i think some ideas in the game are still valid today.
For reference in Automation developing, the lacks of Detroit are:
-no mid-time objectives: you go on month by month in developing your firm and nothing important happens
-once you’ve created a model and start the production, each month you adjust production to suit the selling trend, and do this even for 5-6 years… month by month… after a while it became frustrating
-open and close factories is very expensive, and improve/downgrade tech level too, so the better way to control the production is hire and assign workers to the lines, and fire them when the selling trend go down. In Detroit this happens every month! In a real life a CEO that use this politic will be shooted by furious ex-workers in a very short time :laughing: (even if some real brands use similar methods…)
-in real world, the launch of a new car model is synonymous of massive advertising campaigns, events, press interviews and on-road tests etc. In Detroit you start the production of a new vehicle and VOILA’, people start to buy it.

when I was in high school I very much liked the game called “Detroit”.
All was good until the month before the end of the game, the game crashed.
Called tech support (very basic internet, BBS lives on, etc).
and I think they send me a patch on a floppy.

Nice and all but the patch broke all my game saves so I had to start the game from scratch, doh

dosgamesarchive.com/download/detroit/

I remember playing this as a kid! Another good game was this:

gb64.com/game.php?id=3771

So, which one of those oldies is better?

Motor city or detroit?

I prefer Motor city

I would prefer Motor City (Oldtimer) by far if I had a poster of when each and every part becomes researchable xD That is one of the most horribad gameplay mechanics I’ve ever seen.

[quote=“scott06gt”]I remember playing this as a kid! Another good game was this:

gb64.com/game.php?id=3771[/quote]

Intersting :open_mouth:

I have never seen that one before.

I prefer Detroit, I liked the “car designer” it had, pretty interesting. And the CarTests were always awesome, but like quetzalcoatl said, it gets boring and everything repeats after a while and there is no real challenge behind it.
Even the research took years,although I had 255 Engineers working on engines …