Automation Legacy Challenge (LOBBYING PART TWO, AND A BONUS ROUND!)

I’ll chance it then.

I’m hoping that’s close enough regarding the lights being visible. I can edit it, but I’d rather not have to.

Also, any rules on front plates yet?

nope

wait nvm misread the question

is this still the case in the later years of the era? I don’t think may cars had that much sidewall anymore. I’m not an expert on this but I believe most were 75-80%. If the rule stays like this I will not complain I just want confirmation

I checked a few cool 61-62’s and they’re all stock with 80 or 90 profile like the Valiant 5.90-14 (90m), Skylark with 6.50-13 (80), and Impala 8.0-14 (90).

So it does vary.

I’ll edit the wheel rules, yep.

In the meantime… I am considering doing bonus rounds between eras. The options are custom cars (modifying other cars submitted, similar to ARM), concept cars (purely design-based, like CSC) and race-car based (you get a formula, and have to design to a particular constraint. May involve using road cars as a base, may not) please fill out this survey with what types of rounds interest you, and how often you’d like them to be.

6 Likes

YOUR NEW WORKHORSE

THE 1962 WCV MMOV V8

Introduced for 1962, the Walsh Commercial Vehicles Mass Market Offroad Vehicle - WCV MMOV - is the FIRST automobile explicitly designed with the private owner in mind. A 5.8L WCV Built V8, a modern 4x4 system with locking differentials, and a design in mind to go anywhere.

The MMOV features modern safety, seating for three, and a radio as standard equipment. Walsh has spared nothing to make this the most appealing offroad orientated model on the market, and intending to rattle the cages of more established marques in this new direction for WCV.

Yours for only $18,900, from any WCV Dealer.

9 Likes
  • Fuel availability: Regular and Premium leaded available.

Premium Leaded is not a thing, only Regular and Super for this era.

That’s what I get for copy-pasting.

1960 Centara A-line Trucks

Centara spent the larger part of the 50’s downgrading and lowering most of their trucks, to meet the needs of a market that preferred to buy cheap and self-modify. But there was one sector of trucks that couldn’t afford to downgrade: the A-line. These were tractor trailers, box trucks, tow trucks; pure commercial vehicles at the peak of heavy industry, where all out performance was all that mattered. And for 1960, the line received a huge upgrade intent on putting it at the top of the industry; maybe even posing it as a competitor to the Centurion.

Specs

The engine was internally called Base-200, because of it’s production goal to produce 200 lb/ft of torque at idle revs; a feat which required 4-barrel dual carburetors and 4500cc of displacement. Being a commercial vehicle, however, meant that the displacement wasn’t as much of an issue, and the tall ride height also allowed the truck to cheat it’s way into the offroad tax as well, if you opted for the offroad package with 4x4 and chunkier tires.

This truck was so large, traditional brakes simply weren’t strong enough to handle it with a full load; Centara virtually had to upgrade to disc brakes in the front just to get enough power. And what does a full load look like? 3200kg, or 3600 if you were towing! Sure, the cost of an A-line was pretty steep -over $20000- but to a given corporation or public utility, Centara was sure it was worth the cost.

12 Likes

To double check, Write-in lobbying doesn’t cause a diminished effect to any other forms of lobbying, right?

Absolutely correct, yep.

2 Likes

Thinking it out… how cool would it be to do concept cars for the next era coming, but we don’t know the “rules”, regulations (other than current era), and no restrictions whatsoever other than future era unlocks. These cars can represent our brands ability to dream up things for the coming era.

Maybe oscillate between these concepts and race cars that represent the current era’s sentiment, as we go through the years.

Very funny. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Was SOHC used during the early-mid 60s? (Not the DAOHC one)

I know Pontiac had a SOHC inline 6 in 1966-67. I think Kaiser-Frazier may also have had a SOHC I6 at that time or even earlier. They weren’t the norm, but they were around (at least for inline 6’s).

1 Like

The short answer is yes.

The long answer is: It depends on what type of cars. Economy cars were mostly if not exclusively OHV.

(S)OHC engines I know of the top of my head in the 60s are Porsche 911, Merc M103 engine, Ferrari V12, but also Subaru’s flat 4 (although late 60s). I assume it could be a space/weight reason, not cost-cutting per se.

Many performance engines were DOHC however (Jag, Lotus, Maserati, etc), so in a sense SOHC might be a bit rarer early 60s.

Then you have retrofitted american engines like the Ford Cammer, or the straight 6 that had SOHC version at some point in the 60s.

I am no expert tho.

Edit: but then again, this is ALC, what we do becomes canon in Araga - so if the best econ car(s) are SOHC (or most submissions are SOHC), then people will expect that, but if your SOHC car costs more and less reliable than the competition, then the market might want to look elsewhere.

3 Likes

Here at Schnell, The automobile is designed to be timeless. The New-Series 3000 with the 3.0L I6 with 165hp@5500RPM and 231nm@4500RPM. It also has the revolutionary Power steering as standard. There is more to the vehicle.

It has been professionally measured by the Doofenshmirtz Measure-inator to comply with regulations

10 Likes

Can we enter this round if we didn’t lobby for it?

Yes.

2 Likes