Automation Legacy Challenge (SEE NEW THREAD)

Notice from BSC for 1965

We are very excited that from this point forwards BSC has become part of the Knightwick Motor Corporation. This gives us better access to all the engineering knowledge and expertise of Knightwick motors.

From a sales and servicing point of view this also means any markets BSC operates in will now also have access to all vehicles from the Knightwick family.

In the coming months all BSC dealerships and service locations will be co-branded as BSC - Knightwick Motors.

4 Likes

OOC: Since this may take unexpected turns, I place this in an mirror non-canon universe with slightly changed brand names (so that I simply mirror the logos vertically in the absence of an evil moustache to add :grin:) and without justifying every design decision such as 70s safety (or radials for the Irena, in this case)

1967 Wayster Triumf 1.6 Coupe

1967 Wayster Triumf 2.0 Roadster

Later to be known as the S2 series, these represent a careful evolution of the previous generations with larger front lamps, an improved interior and a larger engine for the roadster which gives similar performance figures to the closed and open versions.

Bonus: 1967 Wara Irena 2.0 SR

While other export markets such as Letara received the Irena’s Sedan Komfort trim, the Aragan fleet market had to make due with the surplus exports of the Regular trim.

(Basically, this is the LHC3 submission with the radial tyres of the LHC4 version, 70s safety, unleaded fuel and a tad more cost cutting)

4 Likes

There are 69 hours left. Nice.

I’ll post an inventory of entries tonight.

3 Likes

The following users have submitted adverts and cars:

@shibusu
@Madrias
@lotto77
@Restomod
@Ch_Flash
@Danicoptero
@04mmar
@Mikonp7
@Fayeding_Spray
@Executive
@AndiD

The following users have submitted an advert, but have not DMed me their .car files:

@MoteurMourmin

The following users have posted something kinda like an ad but not really?
@mart1n2005

If you are not listed here, I don’t have you tracked. I know some people have been working on stuff, clock’s ticking.

5 Likes

Phénix Auto Lineup

1966 Phénix Callisto 1400 Super

Newly introduced in 1966, the Callisto is the new small and affordable sport car for those wanted a fun car to drive around. With a striking vinyl roof cover and sleek look, this 100hp, twin cam, all aluminium flat-4 powered sport car can reach 8200 rpm and speeds above 200 km/h, all that with a line acceleration of under 6.5s and good handling.

Did we say it weighs under 600kg? Due to it’s fiberglass body, it can achieve this kind of performance when coupled with it`s 4 speed manual gearbox and solid disk brakes. The sporty interior comes with a pretty standard AM radio, so there is no excuse to ever be bored driving a Phénix.

1968 Phénix Callisto 2000 Elite

In 68, Phénix upped the stakes. Upgrading the engine to 2.0L and squeezing 166hp out of the same block, the tiny sport car was sent to new heights thanks to its 5-speed manual with LSD and more performant parts. Heavier due to the more premium amenities inside, it can reach 250km/h and ca get to 100 in under 4.5s, with great high speed cornering.

This edition is not for the faint of heart. It is also much more aerodynamic with headlight covers and a sleeker non-vinyl roof.

1969 Phénix Metro Twin Cam 1200

In 69 Phénix partnered with Régal and transformed the very standard Metro into a beast! With a downsized 1.2L based on the same engine block as the Callisto, it transformed the lackluster Metro into a super fun drive! No way you can miss a corner with that car, it is sporty, fun and easy to drive.

The perfect hire car for discerning tourists looking for fun, without needing to speed down the highway at over 200km/h.

Extra gallery

7 Likes

Company: Swanson

Introduction

Established in 1920, Swanson Power & Aircraft Systems originally built boxer engines for other car makers, light aircraft and portable generators. Decided to branch out after the war with the versatile All Utility Vehicle in 1948, and expanded to true consumer cars in the early 50s with the 100- and 200 series. Based in Windsor, Canada.
60s
Inspired by increased safety awareness among aerospace partners and Swedish carmakers, they started taking safety more seriously.
On the other hand, their transition from pushrods to overhead cams meant more power for less fuel (the latter, not so much for Araga).
Eyeing a new market in Araga, they waited for the mk2 200-series to be ready for introduction in 1966.

LHC recycling?

Relevant post
Yes, and no. These have semi-trailing arm rear suspension instead of DWs for +5 realism, in line with recent challenges. Oh, and a wagon, which I wasn’t feeling at the time, later finished for JOC. Behind the scenes a 217 manual and 225 premium hatch would also be offered for Araga, the fake convertible probably not due to “safety concerns”…

Stats
Trim 225 SF 225 PW 217 GAF
Engine 2,5L Boxer 6 2,5L Boxer 6 1.7L Boxer 4
4-door Liftback 4-door Wagon 4-door Liftback
Horse Power 140 125 66
Top Speed 212 194 156
0-100 km/h 7,4 8,7 16,1
L/100km 12,8 11,7 9,9
Fuel 91 Unleaded 91 Unleaded 91 Unleaded
Our price 19500 15300 11900
Gov. taxes 0 0 0
MSRP 19500 15300 11900
ID 3C1 3C2 3H

Swanson 217 GAF (Rental bonus)
Dirt camouflage grey, a three-speed autobox and a standard helping of chrome to mask the slow boring rental car vibe. Of course, rental cars are the fastest cars on the road anyway.

Swanson 225 PW
Got a need for speed, a small parking space, a family, dog and haul all the new household appliances you can get semi-regularly?

Swanson 225 SF
Possibly the best 4-seater sports car you can get for 20 grand.

Comes with 140 fiery horses and an uh...divisive interior.

6 Likes

Mrdja Group
PART 3: 1965 Rosanda Sieben for everyone…or not

Rosanda Sieben

Rosanda Sieben Kombi

Hire car: Lets just say that would be very good hire car for different types of usage, not necessarily for this.
But is it modernized Sardarji or Kolondra or one of two mentioned above in this very post?
You will all know in due time…we are confident car would be very good in some categories and not so good in others by very nature of its design

Good luck to all and shall best win

6 Likes
1969 BMA Sompteuse

A 2.7L I4 comes as standard on the Somptueuse, and, paired with the saloon body, the 180 horses can propel this fine piece of automotive work at speeds exceeding 200 kph, with a 0-100 kph time of 8 seconds.

The Somptueuse Coupé is nicely designed and packs some brand new technological advancements such as a limited slip differential allows those trims to be equipped with much bigger engines, such as this fine 5.5L V8, producing 320 hp, allowing for a top speed of more than 250 kph.

Lastly, the Somptueuse Coupé “la jamais contente” is equipped with our most powerful engine, a 7.0L V12, producing 460hp, allowing this beast to reach speeds of over 300 kph.

Gallery

8 Likes

1965 Bazard B-Line Trucks and Vans

Going forward, I will be rebranding my ALC brand from “Centara” to “Bazard.” Nothing else about the brand has really changed.

Bazard, a company that takes pride and publicity in its trucks’ long-lasting endurance, was disappointed to see so many of it’s trucks taken off the road before they could showcase this. But it was what it was; with a new generation of the B-Line just off the factory floor, Bazard was ready to start re-filling Aragan fleets with capable, reliable, high-build-quality commercial trucks.

Details

The B-line is fundimentally a very basic vehicle, but even its most basic version doesn’t compromise where it counts. Even the entry-level van shown below comes with Bazard’s B-180 engine, named for the 180 lb/ft of torque this 3.6L V8 can put down. With it, said van can hold over 3200kg of cargo, enough to ferry any manner of goods to and from Araga’s cargo trains.

Of course, the carrying capacity can be upgraded further. The heavier-duty suspension option trades a modest amount of comfort for an segment-leading 4000kg of load capacity. The B-Line can also be optioned with various comfort and rough-terrain packages, demonstrated on the mid-spec pickup below; its “rugged” light-offroading package includes all-terrain tires, a locking differential, and an engine-guarding skidplate.

And the options go higher still. This top-spec example in passenger configuration showcases the B-Line’s finest appointments, including chrome finish paired with body-colored rims, as well as the most comfortable interior options available- all without compromising Bazard’s legendary dependability. With 12 seats inside, these passenger variants will make for the finest airport shuttles and crew transports ever seen!

5 Likes

1968 Mercer Tarantula & Stampede R/X 490

INTRODUCING THE BAD ASS NEW MERCER TARANTULA R/X 490

THAT’S RIGHT FUCK THE DISPLACEMENT TAX YOU’RE GETTING A WHOLE 490 CUBIC INCH V8 ANYWAY

AS ONE OF THE GREAT FOUNDING FATHERS BENJAMIN FRANKLIN SAID, NOTHING IS CERTAIN EXCEPT DEATH AND TAXES, SO SHUT THE HELL UP AND ENJOY THE FREEDOM OF 530 HORSEPOWER*

OH YEAH IT ALSO COMES AS THE STAMPEDE PICKUP

IS IT ACTUALLY USEFUL AS A PICKUP TRUCK? ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU CAN KICK ASS IN THE QUARTER MILE WITH A PICKUP NOW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ACCORDING TO A COMPLETELY UNBIASED STUDY DONE BY US, WE HAVE CONCLUDED AMERICAN MUSCLE CARS ARE SUPERIOR TO EVERY OTHER SPORTS CAR BECAUSE OURS HAVE ENGINES WITH BIGGER NUMBERS

WHY BOTHER WITH JUST 3 CUBIC INCHES WHEN YOU CAN HAVE FUCKING 490? STOP ASKING QUESTIONS AND JUST GET OVER TO A MERCER DEALERSHIP TODAY

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS AMERICA

16 Likes

no

13 Likes

Oh god almighty…

OMC

Better Than Ever. Faster Than Ever

6 Likes

Theoretically, entries are now closed. However, as I forgot to post a reminder at 24 hours and as I’m generally in an unproductive mood, there will be a 12 hour grace period. You have 12 hours to DM your entries.

4 Likes

1969 Centurion Industrial 1000 Series

A highly versatile and customizable truck, configurable into many thousands of different upfits from the factory, and many more with our massive aftermarket

Centurion Industrial H1000 Ladder Truck

For decades, Centurion has provided for the people of Araga with emergency service equipment ranging from tow trucks, to ambulances and fire trucks, to search and rescue, and we plan to continue this legacy with the 1000 Series.

This H1000 Ladder Truck has been designed to respond to large emergencies that other fire engines may not be fully equipped to cope with: it has an ability to reach higher than any other vehicle this side of a helicopter.

Centurion Industrial D1000 Mobile Crane

Aside from emergency response, the 1000 Series is useful for other industrial work, including transportation, land-moving, and construction

This particular 1000 Series chassis has been fitted with a telescopic 60 meter crane boom arm. The large and powerful V-16 engine allows cranes like this one to tackle construction projects and spaces that smaller trucks might not be able to.

11 Likes
Capable Motors New for 1965! The Capable Mover Heavy Duty Line up! A brand new van and pick-up truck capable for all of your cargo and utility needs!

Our capable heavy duty vehicles are equipped with a capable 3.6 liter engine and 182 lb-ft of torque!

A van for your heavy duty needs in the city! A cargo capacity of 6,390 pounds! With Capable’s capable easy to move power steering!

A truck for your heavy duty needs in the town! A cargo capacity of 6,280 pounds! Comes standard with mudflaps, 4x4 drivetrain, manual locking differentials, trailer hitch, skid tray, all-terrain tires, and power steering!

Capable Motors! The most capable vehicles!

4 Likes

FOR HIRE! FYKSELOT THUNDERCLAP!

BIG V6 ENGINE! MANY POWERS! FIVE SEATS! HIRE NOW!

3 Likes

Aaaaaand entries are closed!

1 Like

REVIEWS 3.1: BURNING THESE IS A BAD IDEA, BUT...

Unfortunately, two cars have to be binned.

Even more unfortunately, these are two cars which would actually probably cause some issues if you burned them.

On the left, we see the… Hold on, let me read all of this out… Somboy Sembra 1600 GTX Injection 2-Door Sedan (Aragan Market, 5MT) by @Restomod . On the right, we see the VMS Copae S-Econii (AMM) - a hire car by @shibusu

So, the Somboy Sembra. It uses 92 RON leaded fuel. Leaded fuel is banned. In theory, I should bin the car right where it stands, no questions asked… But eh, I am in a bit of a good mood. So, I’ll swap it down to unleaded. You did get it right on your other entries. Burning a car with leaded fuel… might not be good to breathe.

The VMS Copae, well… It’s much less clear-cut but hear me out. The Camry Dent is ubiquitous. Why? Because a lot of the people who drive Camries aren’t the most attentive, Camries are reliable enough to survive, and plenty of those drivers don’t care to repair them. The Camry Dent is located near your taped-on indicators. So, in real life, it would be reasonably likely that inattentive hire car drivers would hit right where the indicator goes, knock it off and suddenly have a car which is illegal to drive. So, here’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to say that nobody buys them as they are, but that you come up with an equally-cheap way to permanently affix them. At least it’s not using leaded fuel, but who knows what awful chemicals y’all use to cut corners?

10 Likes
V'Airia Manchi Saratosi

We take safety concerns very seriously. All concerns are seriously put in the ‘ignore’ bin.

Anyway, Fuck you. If you manage to break it now we’ll actually be dumbfounded.

We re-wired it to the switch in the interior instead of the rear red indicators. We already produced thousands of body shells for this stupid car and we’re not un-cutting the cutout. Just deal with it, okay? You paid like, 6800 dollars for this. You get what you paid for.

3 Likes