Automation Legacy Challenge (SEE NEW THREAD)

Well, better than eliminating the FRONT sway bar like an early Corvair

6 Likes

Quick question: are safety regulation based on minimum safety equipment included or crash-test based (safety stats)?

There’s no regulations yet - the government is slow to react. Public opinion, however, will be based on a mixture of equipment and score.

Another factor I think about there (but probably you have already thought about it)
If safety scoring in the upcoming round is directly related to the size of the car (all small cars bad, all big cars good), that may make people sceptical to small cars for the sake of safety, while a mixed score might not affect the view that small cars = unsafe nearly as much?

2 Likes

Kasivah Vyrada

2600+VFC3

New for 1962, the Kasivah Vyrada (translated: Work-beast Storm) is a revolutionary new form of personal transportation!

Well, at least, we hope it is. See, we’re new here, and so while we’re still learning about how Earth and humans work, we figured, what better way is there to learn than to see if we can design a motor vehicle for you.

To us, purple is the color of life, and so we have given you an option to have the two-tone purple paint instead of Submarine Green. We’d like to have more colors available in the future, but unfortunately, we didn’t bring any other paint with us when we arrived, and our sample shipment of paint has been delayed. Again. We do not know why.

We have kept things simple, with a dashboard cluster of gauges that tell you your oil and water temperature, your speed, your level of fuel, and how many revolutions the engine is turning. Power comes from a six cylinder engine, arranged in a ‘V’ shape, of 2,600 cubic centimeters of displacement, transmitted into a viscous-fluid-coupled three-speed transmission. Luckily for you, what this means is you do not need to shift your own gears. Just place the transmission gear selector lever into the Automatic Drive slot on the column, remove your foot from the brake foot-control, and grab the steering mechanism with both hands. It really is that easy.

So, friends, let us drive off into the sunset together.

(OOC note: Yes, there is supposed to be some awkwardness to some of the language here. They aren’t from around here, and clearly their translation program had some issues here. Anyone who’s wondering, yes, these aliens are the Valraadii from Shitbox Rally (Kivenaal and Rukari), or at least, that race. They’ve politely moved in and, to help learn about humans, they are trying to build cars.)

11 Likes

Why fix something which isn't broken?

The french answer to everything just got better!

New suspension, 41hp and 4 speed as standard!

18 Likes

(Huh, deja vu. I’m submitting an uprated compact for a 60s round again.)

The Arlington Alpha S64

A new level of confidence and power for American compacts

The Arlington Alpha was the the most important car Arlington ever made. The Alpha was the first unibody, first compact, and first V6 vehicle ever - all in one - and in America at least, it became very popular. The cheap, compact and simple (if rough) powertrain, the space-freeing, good-looking short overhangs (courtesy of the longest-in-class 114-inch wheelbase) and the low, sleek styling all contributed to the unprecedented smash hit.

The Alpha S64 went out to shatter the world’s perception of American cars as sluggish juggernauts

From 1961 to 1963, Alphas only came with V6 engines, as corporate policy stated that the related Arlington V8 was reserved for larger cars. Needing a performance version to get better publicity, the 1962 Alpha was available with option code S64 - a 3.5-liter V6 with mean cams and a still meaner 4-barrel carburetor. This powerplant put out 180 horsepower net but was rated at 220 horsepower gross, which allowed it to surpass the 1hp/ci specific power milestone. It also made the Alpha a credible performer in touring car racing as practiced in Europe and the UK, where its combination of a powerful engine, medium weight and relatively sporty suspension allowed it to wedge right between the featherweight roadsters and heavyweight muscle sedans.

And when it died, it cast a shadow!

But a different facet of the Alpha’s revolutionary intent was the build quality. With interiors built to last and galvanized monocoques so tightly fitted you could suffocate a rat in one, Arlington firmly positioned its product as a rival for the mid-premium and sporty brands in America rather than a barebones bucket. What’s more, derivatives of the initial Alpha platform would remain an Arlington mainstay up until the 1990s - with changes, of course.

Bonus picture: a 1963 Alpha Tudor S65, a race-ready option code which paired the S64 engine with a centrifugal supercharger and produced upwards of 250 gross horsepower, while also featuring extensive lightening and race radials. Nowadays it is a rare and collectible car.

14 Likes

A- another american compact? oh no…

New for Sixty-Two! The FMC Sabot is a lightweight coupe made for boulevard cruising and long-haul endurance runs alike.

[Displayed in Crocodile Green Metallic with GT option package]

A simple sport-themed interior awaits. Shown here with the GT package which includes two-tone bucket seats and aluminum trim.

Optional staggered whitewall 14" 185/80 and 195/80-14 sports ply tires with knock-off center locks

Constructed of a galvanized steel monocoque chassis and aluminum panels, the Sabot is a special car made to last. And safety is always paramount at FMC, because you can’t buy a new car model when you’re dead. So this coupe has the latest in 60’s safety tech.

Performance you ask? Yes!
156 HP from a silky-smooth 2.4L Flat 6 in the Sabot 240 model. With under 2300 lbs to push as-equipped, the top speed is 123MPH and 0-60 will take 8.8sec. And its groovy in the twisties too, with almost 1g cornering and powerful front disc, rear drum brakes. The perfect 50/50 weight distribution causes the Sabot to fit like, well…a shoe.

The Sabot by FMC! Outta sight!

16 Likes

1962 IVERA 70

While IVERA Motors was founded in 1945 and has been producing cars since 1947, they didn’t start exporting their cars to foreign markets until 1962 with the launch of the IVERA 70. With safety becoming of increasing concern, the IVERA 70 utilizes the most advanced safety technologies and engineering practices to make the occupants as safe as possible. While performance is not it’s strong suit, the IVERA 70 aims to be the safest car on Argaran roads. It’s relatively small size allows it to be used in both the city and the countryside.

Available in three trim levels as the base level 4XE with 70 horspower, the middle of the pack 4XS with 72 horsepower and the top of the line 4XT with 74hp.

IVERA Motors AB™

(P.S. I have some engineering to sort out before I send in my lobbying and the car.)

11 Likes

Hey don’t worry, I’ve got another rambler bodied car coming too! It’s Australian though so it’s all okay!

2 Likes

BSC 3800 piste

12 Likes

1964 ARMOR VALENCIA COUNTRY

While the old Armor Highland was gradually replaced by the intermediate-sized Briar, Armor Motors decided to build a brand new compact car for sale in both the United States and Araga. Thus, the Valencia was born.

Armor Valencia sedan in Sunfire Red

Sporting new Unit-Body (monocoque) construction and a brand-new V8, the Valencia line was Armor’s best effort yet. The only problem was that the 280 cid (4.6 liter) V8 was simultaneously considered small in America and large in Araga (due to Araga’s new displacement-tax metric). Armor Motors would have to get creative.

Valencia H.O. in Burgundy

The engine itself was robust, with plenty of room for modifications. Armor Motors themselves began supplying factory speed parts for the engine almost immediately, and the Valencia H.O. sported high compression heads with two 4-barrel carburetors.

Armor also mocked up a police car for the Aragan Police Force’s consideration, a car they would be able to sell at $19,600.

Armor Valencia Country wagon in Cassowary Blue

But, for those who couldn’t necessarily afford the taxes associated with their V8, there was the Valencia Country. Billed as a wagon “for the family man who still likes to hunt on the weekends,” its capable 4-wheel-drive system allowed it to be classified as a light-duty off-road vehicle, meaning that the 4.6 liter V8 would only be taxed as 3.6 liters. The car also featured a premium interior. Armor felt this was the PERFECT vehicle for a country with a bustling foresting industry, combining ruggedness with refinement all for $22,000.

Edit: Submission car will be the Valencia Country wagon.

14 Likes

Your car and my car should go at endurance racing like Ford vs Ferrari. And let’s take the Sydney too.

Mrdja Group
Part 2: WE HAVE A ROOF and Welcome to 60s

Results and opinions

Quint and Omega positioned themselves in their own Sardarji Sepoy 64, but instead of seating in front were basically in its trunk.

-There was quite the collection of different vehicles so cant exactly complain about markets.
-Im kinda not happy with fact we chose to introduce ourselves with such a small car
This might not be issue on its own, but in fact turns out that we have only two seats.
-Ye, thats why i got reviews and all ads i could get my hands on, so we can start thinking about future.

-I think it might be good to check reviews first.
Uhhh…what was our brand intended for pickup trucks once again
-Kontir?
-Would had plenty of competition here: im counting five pickup trucks and there is also a van. Would that count as Kontir competition?
-Yes…grrr…Mercer. Our one and only competitor
They talked about seats and price and niceties in review, but forgot to note our big advantage
WE HAVE A ROOF!!
Still, good to seeing us starting well and might decide to import proper pickup truck later.

Sportscars? I think i have an idea of us selling something like that, but i dont think we would go for that in near future.
Still nice to see variety shown here, as it does allow us to peek into their expectations and what they consider speed.

Finally, sedans entered the spotlight…and stayed there for longest.
-It would be really nice if we would introduce something like that now, to accompany our workhorse Sepoy as actual family car.
-Agreed

Some boy had cautiously approached the car, many papers in hand.
-Nevermind…
-Come here!
-…But you are doing intimate stuff…
-Not exactly, otherwise we would close off the car so to have some privacy.
What are you bringing here?
-Government had released new regulations that must be met so cars can be sold here.
-Very good, lemme take a look.

(Look was taken)
-I shall see what we could import here. Mostly its same story as before, so that might not be a problem.
-I gathered some material on this market. Might be useful…
-Nice, i expect to see it at my office desk.
I will bring these myself there.
You are free for now

(Boy went away)

-Im surely glad to hire him, as per reccomendation of his father.
He might be only 14 atm, but seems we might be looking at someone of influence in few decades.

(Several days later)
-Omega, i had deeply thought about everything we have and as result made the decision of whats gonna be our next entry.
-Really?

-Yes.

1962 Kolondra 1400

Introducing to you this small wagon, powered by 1.4 liter inline4 making 64 hp.
It has incredible amount of trunk space for 4.1m long vehicle and with its 6 seats, meets any need you might have for transport.

Can go 141 kmph and reaches 100 in 18.3 seconds, managing to keep up with any traffic flow you can imagine, helped by its low mass of metric ton
Uses 155/80 R14 tires

McPherson strut in front and semi trailing arm in back guarantee comfortable and easy journey, additionally helped by its advanced 4 speed manual gearbox

Uses 12.3 liters of fuel every 100 km.
We are aware this might not be nice looking figure, but feel that its solid in other areas concerning your money.
Galvanised steel chassis and steel panels are easy to fix in caae of need, chassis also being rather rust-proof.
Engine is positioned in way that allows easier access to it, making our estimate of 512 dollars for service possible.

Car costs 15200 dollars.

5 Likes

1964 Reduit WK4

yellow car go brrrr

14 Likes

SAETA Montaraz 1400

Lore

Released one year later than the world´s first mid engine road car, the Matra Djet, it proved to be too much for most drivers on the road. Extremely lightweight and agile, it excelled in curvy roads, where it´s lack of power wasn´t a disadvantage.

It´s weakest point? An engine borrowed for SAETA´s family car lineup. Not a weak engine by any means, but it didn´t like to rev at all. At least it was a reliable unit, which many buyers coming from british sports cars really apreciated.

18 Likes

I want one.

1 Like

1964 Brampton 3500S TC Automatic

14 Likes

COLLIS CELER 64 (mk2)

Travel fast. Travel in style.

About Collis

Collis is a Canadian car brand that started life in 1910 as a maker of small European inspired sports cars. The brand never made it big and remained a small operation, until it was bought by the large Canadian conglomerate Mons Automotive in 1928. Since then, it has been wholly owned by Mons Automotive, and has seen a large influx of cash for research and development. Collis has benefited from the partnership by sharing technologies and machining expertise of the much larger Mons group, but the brand has been afforded the freedom to stick to what it does best. In effect, it has been incorporated into the Mons family as the slightly more luxury/sporty brand of Mons Automotive. As such, it has close ties with all Mons departments, including Mons Racing and Mons Customs. While the company is distinctly North American, Collis retains its flair for European inspired designs and engineering.

The Collis Celer 54 gained its “best in class” reputation with its forward thinking engineering, superb handling, sportiness and comfort. When it came time to develop the next generation of Celers, the mk2, Collis set out to make the next iteration even better.

The Celer mk2 was introduced in 1958, however the pinnacle of the line was once again reserved for the last year of production and nicknamed after its year of production: the Celer 64. Mechanically, this car was once again the pinnacle of the Celer range; a true Super GT. The engine is the same 2 L I6 block of the previous Celer generation, but the DOHC is upgraded to a 4-valve system. The Weber carbs also make room for the state-of-the-art fuel injection system. The engine’s power is thus increased from145 HP to 175 HP, while increasing fuel efficiency.

The Celer 64 retains the staple styling cues from the 54: chrome accented side vents and stripes behind the rear windows, and spoked wheels round out the luxurious feel of the Celer. If you want to turn some heads as you cruise down the boulevards, this car is your friend!

The sleek profile is not only sexy, but is very functional as well. The enhanced aerodynamics of the car helps it slice through the air faster. The Celer 54 had a top speed just under 200 km/h; but the Celer 64 breaks 210 km/h!

We have ensured that this generation of Celer is better than the previous iteration in every way: it is easier to drive, sportier, more comfortable, more prestigious, and safer.

The interior of the Celer has received a major overhaul as well, but retains our exquisite attention to detail: premium materials and tasteful chrome accents all around, and an upgraded luxury radio system at your fingertips. This is where you can get pampered in luxury while you relax and enjoy the drive.

We have listened to our customers in Araga. The Celer still comes in the four staple Collis colours: Royal Red, Regal Green, Midnight Black, and Bright White. For the Celer we have added three unique colours just for the Aragan market: Bluebird Eggshell, Bronze, and Grass Green. The Royal Red, Bronze, and Grass Green colours are also available as a two-tone with a Midnight Black top.

The colour options don’t end there! In addition to the Brown leather interior, we now also offer Bright Red, Light Blue, and Black leather options.

And lastly, there is of course also a convertible. See all options below:

Colours

You’re ready for a purchase? Well, come on down to your nearest Mons/Collis dealership and choose one of the many premium colour options available.

19 Likes