Automation Legacy Challenge Thread 2 - Round 5

Awesome conclusion to the round! I’m very honored I was able to be a part of it, and am looking forward to where it goes from here. For some notes on the questions presented:

• I love the ADPR system, it’s a kind of unique quirk that sets the Aragan market apart. I know this is a discussion for after the war, But I’d love to see it expanded and fleshed out even more- like, taking into account disc vs. drum brakes, or adding vehicle size into the equation (I know overvaluation of vehicle size was the main problem with the old system, but it’s not negligible either).

• Additional entries sounds cool, but I think there still needs to be a limit to prevent scope from ballooning. Perhaps entries beyond a soft limit of 2 incur some penalty. Or perhaps additional submissions need to be earned by successful entries in previous rounds. Maybe it could even work with the token system, where an additional entry costs a large number of tokens that then can’t be used for lobbying.

• Also, I would advocate for removing the rule that all entries must be on the same chassis. I don’t think it’s really saving that much judging timel on one hand, we already have entries that are way different in application anyway, like Vento’s Conveyor vs. Bolt and Moroza’s Kutshuriat vs Al-Sayaadim; and we also keep complaining about cars like the Saguaro T-REE and Hakaru Carica that don’t do enough to separate their trims. Besides, I think rule may be part of why markets like Utility and sport get disproportionately under/overserved (and same in LHC), the specialized nature of utility vehicles means if you want to make a utility entry, you either have to exclusively make hardcore trucks for the round, with limited potential for variety within the lineup, or make a light-duty car-based ute. Similary, to make the sports car (that many people really want to make) means you have to sacrifice the rest of the market to do so. The challenge encourages companies to try and have the widest reach possible in their lineup, but some types of platforms have more variety potential than others, and I think we’d see more variety if people could differentiate their entries more.

• And on the debate experiment, I loved the opportunity for companies to get more active in debating regulation. My only complaint is that it got a bit too steered around real world data, and looking for the empirical “best” solution. Living in 2024, we have a lot of hindsight and research as to what lights are empirically useful, which they didn’t have in the 70’s. Plus, when it comes to fictional challenges, the “best” or “smartest” solution isn’t necessarily the most fun one…

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d say that this round was honestly really good. I’m glad that Hikaru didn’t get completely shafted, and that the Katana pair ended up being a relatively successful pair, even considering that the Mijikai was a bit of a dud and the Powerwash was just unnecessary. I certainly do have a little hope that in fifty years in Araga, an old 70s Katana will be looked at the same way a 70s Skyline or Capella is looked at by us, a quirky and possibly slightly flawed Japanese runabout.

Anyway, it would be nice if I could get a bit of input in on Crypt’s questions.

1. ADPR: Yesh, honestly this was a really good syatem (partially because I put far too much effort into overusing it), and I honestly would like to see a version of it in the next round. The ingame safety score has always been a bit if a deusy, and having a safety score that’s a bit more accurate to what would have been looked at when the car was made is far superior. If i could say anything, I would hazard against changing the rules near at all next round, considering that a government at war would have greater priorities than sorting out safety standards.

2. EXTRA SUBMISSIONS: Yes, it would be excellent. I’d say that if extra submissions were to be allowed, like an extra two submissions for example, it should be an encouraged (not enforced) to submit an extra car family as opposed to either just having four editions of the same car or four cars entirely. I know it may be selfish to ask you to expend more of your time, but i’m sure all of us would happily wait longer if we could release closer to our whole lineup. I’d also like to second what Edsel said about using the same chassis - the Katana HT at least to me seemed to be getting a little bit of flack for looking exactly the same as the sports model of the car, but having none of the sports credentials - it would be far better if there was more reason to use a different chassis. If I could have used a smaller chassis on the HT, I would have. 2.5 metres for a 2 seat economy cruiser? Seems a bit ridiculous. But that’s just me, I could be dead wrong.

Anywho, this was honestly a great experience and I hope the next round will be just as good. All of my criticisms are really quite minor and shouldn’t be taken too seriously, after all I just admitted that the challenge was excellent!

I like the idea of increasing a ‘soft cap’ to entries (up to four?) through previous success or spending tokens (= meaningful choices!). I’d vote to keep the ‘body family’ rule though (all entries from the same body, different WBs are possible), mainly to make it more straightforward for the participants but also the host (in-depth reviews would then mean having to really learn each company line-up and backdrop).

Based on LHC experience, I found three entries to be a good sweet-spot, allowing for meaningful choices out of a body family, and design (ha!), engineering and lore stays within reason. I found stuff like CSCS much harder with several independent cars of the same era to make (still enjoyed it, but only because I had big gaps to fill in my 2000s line-ups anyway…).

2 Likes

I’m reluctant to introduce a soft cap like that, because keeping parity between entrants means a lot to me. Having some people get more opportunities just because they’ve been in prior rounds isn’t really something I want to do.

Author’s note: I genuinely posted this early, thought my editing window was my test DM and not live. This is subject to change for the next 24-48 hours.

ROUND 5
WAR! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR?

The round will be open until 11:59 PM UTC on May the 4th, 2024. While the era is from 1977 to 1979, all models are to be submitted as the 1977 model year, to simulate drastically reduced development.

Aperitif For Destruction: How We Got Here

No war truly comes without provocation, no, wars are the result of a buildup over months and years. This is how it was for the war between Windon and Araga. As the seventies continued along, the situation grew more and more tense…

• November 19, 1969: Investigators at the ATO announce the their investigations into Andante, McElroy and Harrison, causing a contagion event with numerous runs on banks and investment firms. Expected impacts on the economy are incredibly grim.
  • March 10, 1970: A Coalition agreement between the Modernist Party of Araga and the Organised Labour Party is announced, with the MPA holding slightly more seats and thus electing the PM. The OLP’s policy of selective expropriation and nationalisation is accepted by the MPA. The Aragan Stability Party enters opposition. The coalition also holds a majority in the upper house.
  • April, 1970: Legislation is drafted including potential targets for mandatory nationalisation. The regional divisions of several Windonian firms are included in the list - legally independent entities for the purposes of decreasing taxes and getting around ownership regulations. This legislation is leaked to the media by a member for the ASP. Windon immediately protests the legislation.
  • May 19, 1970: Both parties have engaged in spirited debate about numerous pieces of legislation, each aiming to prove their independence. The leaked nationalisation legislation is passed with minimal amendments from the leaked version six months after the Tax Crisis.
  • May 20, 1970: Suspicious fires break out at many of the Windonian firms listed under the legislation. A police report concludes that arson is the cause; the capacities of the firms are permanently damaged, and the firms must be absorbed into others. Windon claims that this is evidence of a biased investigation and threatens sanctions.
  • Later in 1970: Spurred by government spending, the worst predictions of the crisis do not come to pass. A moderate contraction occurs, and much restructuring is occuring, but things are better than they could be. Discussions between the government of Araga and representatives of Centurion begin.
  • January 1971: The coalition government releases its budget for the year. A large amount of debt has been taken on by the government, and the budget is in deficit. representatives stress that this is an essential part of the strategy. The ASP claims that it is evidence of severe economic mismanagement.
  • November 1971: Windon elects a new President on a fiercely anti-communist platform, one who promised to stamp out the “spirit of national masochism, encouraged by an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals.”
  • July 1972: Windon passes the Arms Trade Act (1972), disallowing sale of arms from Windonian companies to all foreign nations greater than 2 million square km in area. While technically not violating Windonian laws against targeted trade restrictions, commentators point out that Araga is the only such nation besides Windon itself.
  • August 1972: Araga passes a retaliatory law imposing identical restrictions. As an additional retaliation, the arms trade between private companies and the Eudaimonia Pact is loosened, with greater volumes and newer models allowed to be sold to the governments of the east under strict confidentiality agreements. Windon immediately protests; they are ignored once more.
  • November 1972: The first shipments of Aragan arms land in the Amidor W.S.R. They are earmarked for the Runicza U.W.R., currently locked in a frozen conflict with the Windon-backed Kingdom of Cridicza. Campaigning for the 1972 election begins, with the ASP calling for a reduction in military spending to help balance the budget, a sale of the nationalised firms to balance the budget and a rapproachment with Windon.
  • February 1973: During the campaign for the 1972 election, classified military briefing is mailed to several major press outlets detailing military exercises and buildups on the Windonian side of the border. This leaves the ASP’s calls for reduced spending and rapproachment as an albatross around their neck.
  • March 1973: The election sees the ISP, formerly the largest party, reduced in size, holding fifteen seats with assorted minor parties and independents holding twelve. The revelation of Windonian buildup is revealed to be a major factor reducing trust The OLP holds 35, while the MPA holds 38 - the populace was split over which was responsible for the soft economic landing. The ruling coalition strengthens its position.
  • January 1974: The 1974 budget includes the voluntary nationalisation of Centurion, with the current owners kept on in leadership positions. Reasons given include the vital strategic importance of the firm, and the current lack of competition in the utility market. Centurion announces development of a regular-sized platform, which will become the 100 and 120.
  • January 1975: A budget is released five years into the plans of nationalisation, forecasting a balanced budget for the coming year off the back of increased spending, with surpluses to come.
  • March 1975: A ship reported carrying grain from the United Islands to the Kingdom of Cridicza is struck by a rogue wave in international waters off of the coast of the La Ren Free State, causing the front to fall off. The vessel is found to be carrying large quantities of arms.
  • April 1975: Following the incident the prior month, La Ren instructs its customs department to begin searches of all vessels from Windon when they dock in ports. Other Aragan-aligned countries along the northern parts of the continent follow suit. Shipments from Windon to the Kingdom are now more difficult, requiring either long distances without time spent in port or a circuituitous southern route resupplying in the Islander League and one of the unaligned eastern nations such as the Swanwing Isle.
  • May 1975: Active General Quinns “Cannonball” Jespersen is spotted at a protest calling for increased benefits to veterans.
  • August 31, 1975: “Cannonball” Jespersen delivers a private briefing to senior members of the Aragan Government. At 6 P.M. that night, on the nationally televised news, those same members of the government are joined by Jespersen when addressing the media, when the general delivers a bombshell speech. She reveals that she was approached by representatives of the government of Windon who wanted to her to participate in a coup to remove the existing government and install an ASP-led, pro-Windon one with the support of private businesses. Jespersen gives an impassioned speech on the importance of civic duty, and the respect that the military must have for civilian bodies.
  • September 1, 1975: The ASP and Windon government both immediately deny the accusations. An official enquiry is immediately launched into the matter. The ASP is invited to join the commitee; they refuse, then decry the investigation as biased.
  • November 1975: The incumbent president of Windon is elected on a far larger majority, having claimed that Araga was now in league with the evil communists of the Eudaimonia Pact to undermine freedom and liberty, and to defame the character of Windon itself. Windon’s military spending is substantially increased.
  • January 12, 1976: The government announces a budget which returns to deficit on the back of a surge in military spending; even with said surge accounted for, the budget has merely remained balanced due to reduces in consumer confidence with the spectre of war on the horizon.
  • January 13, 1976: Early into the election campaign for 1976 and right after the budget is released, the preliminary report into the plot is released. It concludes that there is definitive evidence of a plot, with intent by foreign agents to cause a change in government; however, no definitive evidence of involvement by specific local agents can be identified at this stage, nor can the progression of the plot be fully addressed.
  • April 12, 1976: The election result is a landslide which absolutely buries the ASP, reducing them to just 6 seats. However, many of the seats do not flow to the ruling coalition, instead flowing to economically right parties and independents; the OLP picks up 2 seats while the MPA picks up 1, forcing the coalition to continue. This sees twenty-six seats held by other parties, with the once-formiddable ASP really just another member of the fractured opposition. Importantly, however, with a fractured opposition and just one seat between the other, it is possible for either member of the coalition to pass or block legislation against the other’s wishes with a large enough section of said opposition. Analysts predict a fractious relationship for the coming years.
  • May 1976: Secret talks between the highest levels of government in Araga and Elefthera take place, with secret agreements made. Araga will provide covert support for a renewed war between Runicza and Cridicza and allow Eleftheran engineers to study advanced Aragan techniques, in exchange for Elefthera providing their industrial capacity and allowing for increased Aragan influence in the Greater Amis Republic and Winsaland.
  • July 1976: The government takes delivery of a heavily armoured, highly classified limousine from DCMW. An offering from Rosanda was reportedly considered, but turned down. The cost is considered extremely high and there is considerable debate.
  • September 1976: A group of snipers shoot at the limousine during an official state tour. High-calibre bullets are aimed at the windshield, windows, hood and tyres. All occupants are unharmed, the engine continues to run and the car is able to escape with flat tyres. The car quickly flees the scene; the bullets are found to be of a calibre commonly used in Windon. The Aragan government demands the authority to perform an extensive investigation in Windon, with investigators from the Aragan National Police allowed to do whatever is needed to find those involved; Windon refuses.
  • January 1, 1977: Windon declares war on Araga, claiming that Araga is stockpiling weapons of mass destruction and preparing to commit atrocities against Windon. Sweeping emergency legislation is immediately passed, with the OLP and MPA both committing to a government of national unity.

Further information on the events of the war will be released after the war.

ALLOWABLE SUBMISSIONS, NAMES

I am putting this in as another rules area, due in part to the Mijikai and in part to the war. For submissions, there will be five categories, plus the bonus. You may submit to up to three of them, with up to two entries per category. As before, the two entries in a given category should be related. The categories are:

• Cars aimed at the standard market. It is highly recommended to have at least two rows of seats for this category - while cars with just one row could succeed here for bachelors and the like, the additional practicality is at a premium in these times of war. Title these ALC5S1 or ALC5S2, for Standard. Utes are technically allowed here, but should be light enough to work for the mass market and not just commercial buyers.
  • Cars aimed at the utility market, which qualify for the utility tax exemption by having a large cargo space. Title these ALC5U1 or ALC5U2, for Utility. If a car would be used by the military and is light enough for Automation to properly similate (for instance, the Willys MB), put it here and it’ll be considered by the military as well as civilians.
  • Non-military non-cars which would not be cross-shopped with regular cars. Bikes and motorcycles are fine, adding a third wheel or a body isn’t. Going with a big rig or a bus which are no longer in the same sphere as cars is fine. Title these ALC5N1 or ALC5N2, for Non-cars.
  • Military non-cars. Any item which would be used by the military short of a really light jeep goes here. Submit your light jeep to utility instead, the military will meet their needs from there. Title these ALC5M1 or ALC5M2, for Military. Please see the recently added note to the military section of the worldbuilding thread - there are no nukes!
  • A hybrid non-car category. Your submissions to this category may be military or civilian, and do not need to be related to your others. Your first submission can be military and your second can be civilian, or both can be the same. Title these ALC5H1 or ALC5H2, for Hybrid.
    – For instance, if you want to make a tank and a plane, submit one of them to military and one of them to Hybrid.
    – If you want to submit a non-car which can have civilian or military uses, such as the AT-802 and the OA-1K Sky Warden, submit them both to Hybrid.

For completeness, cars for the bonus round are to be titled ALC5P - no number, you only get one there.

This system will be continued for future rounds - but the categories will change to standard, prem/luxe, sport, utility and such.

I’ve had suggestions to allow multiple families per category. Please feel free to discuss and comment on this.

LOBBYING & SPENDING

No lobbying occurred following the previous round. Techppol is as before. For some reason, suspension is not being set, I can’t tell why. Make sure to check that.

Techpool
Family,6.0
BottomEnd,7.0
TopEnd,6.0
Aspiration,7.0
FuelSystem,6.0
Exhaust,5.0
Body,8.0
Chassis,7.0
Interior,7.0
DriverAssists,8.0
Safety,7.0
DriveTrain,9.0
Tyres,7.0
Brakes,6.0
Aerodynamics,7.0
Suspension,8.0

ADDED/TWEAKED STATS

The ADPR will be retained, with most scoring staying same - note the moderately increased impact of positive quality.

The ADPR
  • 50%: “Safety technologies” - this refers to the safety tab plus driver assists - but with ABS being unavailable in this era not yet developed, that’s just the safety tab. The following values are designed to roughly line up with the effects in the game
    – Basic 70s Safety scores you 10 points.
    – Standard 70s Safety scores you 20 points.
    – Advanced 70s Safety scores you 30 points.
    – Advanced 80s Safety scores you 40 points.
    – Each positive point of quality adds 2 points. Each negative point of quality subtracts 6.
  • 30%: “Body rigidity” - this is to simulate that certain body types just do better in crashes. It’s also based on ingame stuff.
    – Monocoques (full or partial) get 30 points.
    – Space frames get 20 points.
    – Ladder chassis get 10 points.
    – Fibreglass panels lose 10 points.
    – Each point of negative chassis quality subtracts 1 point.
  • 20%: “Driving characteristics” - this is the special sauce, this is what we add. Cars start at 20 points, then lose them based on certain test failures. For this, the tests are:
    – Terminal Oversteer - any amount as shown under drivability in detailed stats loses 15 points.
    – Insufficient highway performance - taking more than 20 seconds to go from 0-100km/h loses 10 points.
    – Insufficient braking performance - Effective braking distance is your 100-0km/h braking distance, increased by your drivability brake fade. For instance, a car with 45m braking distance but 10% fade on front and 15% fade on rear has 56.25 meters effective distance. A car with over 65m effective braking loses 10 points.
    – I reserve the right to penalise cars here for anything else that I view as unsafe, such as excessive body roll, lift sufficient to send the car flying, etc.

In addition to that, I will be introducing a deeper system around fuel costs and range. See the collapse for the system itself, and the reason for having it.

Fuel Costs, Range

One of the issues with judging last round was how little I really had to differentiate between E10 and pure gasoline vehicles. So, I’m adding a system to address that issue and give me some more stuff to discuss. So, here’s how it all works:

• Each type of fuel will have a certain cost associated with it.
  • I’ll list how much driving will happen within a segment, on average. It’s worth noting that these may vary based on how you position your car - a trackday hero may be judged alongside a practical sporty coupe, but one will be driven a lot more.
  • Your car will also have a fuel tank size based on footprint and weight, because I did some brief research and found nice numbers that correlate. As before, you get 3 litres in your tank per square metre of footprint, and 0.02 per kilogram. Range is determined by taking your km/L fuel economy and multiplying this range. We can discuss the formula after the round. The more your car is targeted at rural areas, the more important range is - a little mini city car will always have a station nearby, while an offroader driven along dirt trails will take longer between them.

The numbers for this round are:

• Fuel Prices, Availability:
    – E10 Fuel: 1.70 AMU/L
    – E70 Fuel: 1.00 AMU/L
    – These prices reflect a 1.80 AMU/L cost of regular petrol and a 0.70 AMU/L cost of Ethanol.
    – Both types are available at all stations.

• Travel Distances:
    – Standard cars will be driven approximately eight thousand km per year during the war. This is a reduction from the existing everage of twelve thousand km, as people are going out and travelling less.
    – Utility cars will be driven anywhere from fifteen to thirty thousand km per year, depending on the exact nature of the business. “Work vehicles” will be on the lower end, while “delivery vehicles” will be higher, if that makes sense.

FIXTURE RULES

The laws are largely unchanged from prior rounds, with some slight changes.

• Headlights: at least one pair required. Must use yellow or white glass. A total of 20,000 square mm must be illuminated.
  • Turn signals: When looking from the front, there must be two clearly visible on the front face, towards the left and right corners. When looking from the rear, there must be two clearly visible on the rear face, towards the left and right corners. When looking from the side aligned with the rear axle, there must be a rear side indicator clearly visible. The same is true for the front. Wraparound lights are allowed. All turn signals must be orange when illuminated; clear glass is allowed. (Changed from previous era)
  • Tail lights: at least one pair required. Must be red and must use different bulbs to the brake light.
  • Brake lights: at least one pair. Must be red and must use different bulbs to the tail lights.
  • Reversing lights: at least one pair. Must be white.
  • Light visibility rules:
    The light measurinator test has been removed; it was planned to be reworked for the future, but the war has meant the development of the new testing apparatus has been halted. (Changed from previous era)
    – Headlights must be 100 square cm or larger. This means a 10x10cm square, a 5x20cm rectangle, a circle with 11.3cm diameter, etc.
    – All other lights must be 25 square cm or larger. This means a 5x5cm square, a 2.5x10cm rectangle, a circle with 5.7cm diameter, etc.
    – There will be leeway for complex shapes in this. Also, if a light is broken into multiple parts, they’ll all be added to the area. Four 5x5cm headlights is fine.
    – Just about every single unscaled vanilla light fixture (and most mod ones) is legal for this.
    – This measures the illuminated area, not just the bulb.
    – These measurements will be taken with the ruler aligned to the cardinal directions, rather than following the surface of the light. In particular, this means that only the portion of a wraparound light which faces a certain direction counts. I’ve posted some images in the discord about this.
    – Hidden headlamps and the like are legal, but should be noted with your submission and/or have the mechanism clearly visible/extended when submitted.
  • Mirrors: One on each side required, may be mounted anywhere but should be fairly visible from the driver’s seat.
  • Gas cap: must be mounted externally, placement is free but should make sense
  • Wipers: one wiper required on the front. Windshields are also required.
  • License plate: any (unscaled) plate will be allowed, in the narrow, wide EU size. Images of the plate format can be found below, but this design does not need to be used. Single plates are allowed.

OTHER RULES

Changes are all in bold. Note that some of these are all

• Standard cars may cost a maximum of 10,000 AMU after tax. The standard cars with standard interiors from last round were all in this range. Utility cars may cost a maximum of 12,000 AMU after tax.
    – Even if your car is eligible for the utility tax break, if it’s titled as ALC5S, you should be 10k or less.
  • Your car should have the trim and variant years set to 1977. Model and family years may be earlier, but there are drawbacks for some of this - as the VME Squirrel found.
  • 70s safety is required, and a positive ADPR is required.
  • ABS is banned, to simulate no new innovations coming out.
  • Race interior, race tyres and loudness over 55 are not road-legal.
  • To preserve resources, all vehicles must use Standard or Basic Interiors and Standard or Basic entertainment. Premium, Sport, Luxury and Hand-Made are all banned.
  • Emissions standards have been waived for this era. However, 10 additional spending tokens will be given to cars that could comply with WES5 with a catalytic converter. It doesn’t need to have a cat and pass now, just needs to pass if when I modify the car to add a 3-Way Cat.
  • E10 and E70 are the only fuel available.
  • Tyres: Radial tyres are strongly dominant on the market.
  • Cars should follow the naming system outlined above.
  • Vehicle Taxation:
    – The existing displacement tax has been retained. The new equation is Tax=1.7^((displacement-3000)/1000)*500, and new cars will be charged 3x this value upfront. Cars with turbochargers will be treated as if their displacement is 60% higher. There is a 2000CC tax break on cars with dedicated non-passenger spaces around 35% of length or more “bona fide utility vehicles” - this applies after the multiplier from turbos. I’ve forgotten it a few times, and nerfed it down from last round to account for this, and I will be checking it this time. Cargo space is wild, y’all. Because some people have made mistakes, some notes:
    — Taxes are always positive.
    — If you get a zero or negative taxed displacement due to the utility modifier, your taxes are still positive, and still greater than zero.
    — Decreasing your displacement will always decrease your taxes, and vice versa.
    — The more your displacement goes up, the more it costs to add more displacement, and vice versa.
    – Cars with a 0-100km/h time below 10 will also incur extra tax. Times between 9 and 10 seconds pay 150, times between 8 and 9 pay 300, times between 7 and 8 pay 450 and times below 7 pay 600.
    – Note that these taxes do not apply to non-cars, or to track-only cars not intended for road use.
    – Because people keep making mistakes, I have made a tax calculator. Make a copy and fill it out to find your taxes.
  • Advanced trim settings which do not mirror existing engineering choices are free. Those which do are somewhat restricted. In general, if something can be achieved by engineering - even if it takes multiple steps, like changing morphs then widening wheels - the trim setting should not be used. If you have already used the maximum possible, however, it’s allowed. The settings to be careful with are:
    – Wheel offset, wheel width, wheel diameter, camber
    – Tyre diameter. To a small degree, all tyre settings.
    – Ride height, unless the two add to zero. +2 front and -2 rear is valid.
    – Wheelbase offset. A little is actually fine here, but around 10-20 is starting to get a little suspect - can you use a different model?
    – Engine scale, exhaust size. The game is actually accurate with this sizes, as far as I can tell. Small changes for aesthetics are fine, large ones aren’t.
CURRENT EVENTS, MARKET SENTIMENT

Current events… Araga is at war with an adjacent superpower. There are no other events.

Market sentiments: Premium, luxury and sport are all non-existent in the market at the moment - not just by market sentiment, but by explicit governmental decree. All vehicle production must be pragmatic and sensible. Premium (or better) interiors and entertainment are all prohibited from sale; in recognition of the usefulness of radio as a tool for informing the populace, basic and standard entertainment options are still allowed. People want practical, useful, reliable vehicles that they can get for cheap, because resources and funds are highly limited. Offroad capability is now more valuable, as Araga’s once-pristine roads are being worn down by tanks and shelled as well.

Realistically, regular cars should be banned or heavily restricted too… But this is ultimately a challenge ina car making game. I still want y’all making cars, just… Cars that make sense for the era. If you choose to make a car that complies with the letter but not the spirit of the law, however, you will still be allowed to be sold and may even see additional benefits. Creativity will be rewarded when well-executed.

LOBBYING OPPORTUNITIES

There will be no write-in lobbying for this round. Instead, there will be a debate in the discord towards the deadline surrounding what to do with the peace deal following the war, and a broader forum on rules changes and direction going forward. I invite you to participate, and to come up with your own proposals in advance of this debate and the forum.

IN-ROUND BONUS: PARTISAN RALLY

So, a bunch of you can’t make sporty cars for the main round. I’m not gonna be a complete killjoy here. Hopefully the opposite, in fact. The bonus for this round revolves around small groups of partisans modifying their vehicles for assorted purposes.

The Partisans

For those unaware, Partisan here is used in the sense of WW2 - irregular forces of insurgents working against an occupying force using guerilla tactics. Get in, get out, stay alive and make occupying the area difficult. It’s not used in the more modern political sense. So who are the partisans? They’re a ragtag bunch of guerillas who aren’t officially state sanctioned but who have the tacit backing of the government. Of course, they need vehicles… Fast vehicles, which they’ll get by taking regular ones and modifying the heck out of them.

The actual rules for the vehicles then:

• Name the car ALC5P - YourForumName.
  • Cars do not need to be road-legal, but it is appreciated if they look like they used to be.
  • Regular pump gas should be used, either E10 or E70.
  • For simplicity, use regular techpool and set the year to 1977. It’s not really accurate to the capacities of these people, but roll with it.
  • There’s no set budget; I’m expecting cars around 20 thousand, but it’s not a hard limit. You want to offer more performance for more money, be my guest.
  • Entries can be completely original designs, modified versions of your own designs from previous rounds or modified versions of someone else’s design from a previous round - if you want other people to use your design, please let me know and I will post the .cars submitted previously in the Discord.
  • I’ll find a use for anything from a modified Helios to a big heavy armoured van.
  • You get a bonus 5-10 spending tokens for including a character with your vehicle.

The following elements are all desirable:

• Reliability. A car that needs to be repaired often can fight less often.
  • “Ease Of Service”. This will take into account both your service costs, and why they’re high. Cramped engine bay and no filters to keep the inevitable dirt and leaves out? Yeah, that’ll hurt even more. Just using expensive tyres? Those are a bit easier to replace. If it can be maintained from a shed, it’s better.
  • Sportiness, Drivability. These cars will be driven hard, and making mistakes has a massive cost.
  • Offroad - sticking to official roads means checkpoints, controls, etc. Heading off of them means you can get around all that, and hopefully lose any pursuers.
  • Aesthetics, including visual modifications. Wars are fought not just on the ground but also in the hearts and minds. Looking good has many perks. Adding stuff like additional armour, bash bars and the like are all appreciated too, potentially including weapons.
  • Rule of cool. Being cool can get you pretty dang far!
Inspirations

Entries will receive between 0 and 30 spending tokens on average, with room to deviate from these two.

14 Likes
Bawron Shipbuilders CRAB
CaRgo Air Buffer.

Bawron Shipbuilders (featuring investment from the Empire Automotive company) presents a Sea-to-Shore transport option for the Aragan Navy.

The CaRgo Air Buffer (CRAB) features a near-eight meter wide cargo deck, with the capacity to carry up to 60 tons of equipment. Powered by 4 Gas-Turbines, two for the rear fans and two for the skirts. The CRAB allows for much increased coastal access for the Aragan Navy giving them a tactical advantage in the incident of war. Through concepting phase in the early 1970s, the CRAB is prepared to enter service in 1976 or 1977 depending on what the Navy requires.

The Target is for a 25 to 30 year expected service life, with capacity for a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) for anywhere for a 15 to 25 year gain.

The adoption of the CRAB massively increases the capacity for operative effectiveness for the Aragan Navy and Army in the effect of an outbreak of war.

Detail Shots

12 Likes

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Turns out that beds are uhhhh… Kinda broken. Numerous bodies are completely incapable of passing, but come within mere centimeters of doing so. Worse still: Most of the morphs that change where the cab ends and where the bed starts don’t actually do anything mechanically. I know because I checked, on multiple bodies, with numerous morphs. The only things that matter for cargo and interior are morphs that change length.

So, you can just cut out part of the cab, turn it into more bed, and Bob’s your uncle! So, if you want to use certain bodies, you just have to do a bunch of 3D fixture work to lengthen the bed at the expense of the cab… that’s a horrible rule. I don’t want to have entries legal but only if you do a bunch of work to modify them and… No. Just no.

So, the cargo bed rule is now suspended. Something new will be implemented in a future round. For now, it’s “bona fide utility vehicles”. Submit early, I’ll review your vehicle and let you know if you qualify and what you need to do if you don’t qualify. Submit late, run the risk of not getting the break.

6 Likes
ILARIS HEAVY INDUSTRIES

E/F-21 WILDCAT

First in, Last Out

The E/F-21 Mk.I Wildcat III is a two-seat, twin-engine, variable-geometry, electronic warfare fighter. Originally designed for the Alagnomar air force, it has been quickly converted for use by foreign powers in the country’s interests - which Araga is.

Fluff

The E/F-21 is among the most cutting-edge aircraft on the planet. Advanced variable-geometry (swing) wings allow it to super-cruise with reduced payload, and give it a top speed of over Mach 2.6.

Cockpit
The pilot gets standard instrumentation, along with two cutting-edge displays - one is a graphical representation of the radar, with contacts laid out easily instead of more common radar smudges, and the other is a Tactical Situation Display (TSD) which displays targets, radar sources and other relevant information graphically.

Using the joystick on the control stick allows the pilot to select targets on the Radar or TSD (with reduced accuracy), independently from the backseater. The Advanced Computer Flight System (ACFS) prioritises pilot-selected targeting, so if conflicting orders are given they are overridden. Other than that, it is relatively unremarkable.

The back seat is the home of the Electronic Warfare Officer (EWO) and features six displays, each with different function, and one with multi-function capability. From top left to bottom right:

• Identification Camera Display: Taking advantage of the 40x zoom videocamera mounted underneath the radome, the ICD aids in target identification. Combined with prompt communication, it can change an obtuse battle-space in to properly controlled airspace, reducing the chance of friendly-fire incidents and allowing for beyond-visual-range engagements.

• Frequency Monitoring Display: Using the large amount of radar warning receiver antennae, the FMD gives a clear overview of all incoming radar signals, along with an estimation of what the radar is (search or tracking radar) and its search band (low - used for early warning radars, mid - used for some tracking radars in search mode, and high - used for tracking and guidance).

• Jammer Status Display: The JSD displays the current doings of the jammer, with targets displayed. System failures and low power will also be displayed.

• Power Management Display: The radar jammers aren’t powered by magic and thus their power usage must be managed. The two control sticks allow jammer power to be altered, and generator power output can also be changed on the side adjustment panel. The PMD allows the EWO to observe the condition and available capacitor power for the jammer, and make adjustments to power for optimal jamming and flight performance.

• Tactical Situation Display/Radar Display/RWR: A second TSD is provided, with the capability to switch to a radar screen and an RWR similar to the front. A multi-function display.

• Data-Link Status Display: The large communication antenna is not for nothing, as the Wildcat is capable of an early version of Data-link, allowing fellow Wildcats to share target information and allow fellow Wildcats to launch semi-active radar homing missiles while using another Wildcat’s radar. MA.850 Firestreak missiles even include a secondary radome to track two simultaneous radar reflections to make shaking the missile in SARH mode impossible, as when one signal is dropped the other can continue illuminating the target.

Weapons & Systems
The Wildcat isn’t all-bark-no-bite, as it features a deadly collection of armament.

MA.850 Firestreak

The MA.850 Firestreak is a long-range combined semi-active radar homing and active radar homing air-to-air missile. With a range of over 120 kilometres, it is capable of shooting down medium-sized targets at well beyond visual range, and with a decent fin size it is capable of engaging on fighter-sized targets as well.

[AR] Variation
The MA.851 Firestreak-AR swaps out the seeker for a passive unit designed to home in on radar sources. Reduced range (due to needing to fly in to dense air) but useful as a heavy-hitting anti-radiation missile.

MA.900 ALLSTAR

Standing for Advanced Long Length Supersonic Termination Anti-Radiation, the ALLSTAR is a very long range heavy anti-radiation missile designed to take out entire SAM batteries in one go. With a maximum range of over 160 kilometres and a top speed of over Mach 3, it can fit a large amount of mission profiles even with its large size and weight.

MA.300 AGILE-M

The MA.300 Advanced Gliding Infrared Long Endurance (AGILE) is a short-to-medium-range infrared guided missile. It trades in pure turning performance for a longer range, allowing further shots and not setting off radar warning receivers with its launch.

[AR] variation
The AGILE-AR swaps out the passive seeker for infrared with a passive radar seeker, allowing for an anti-radar mission profile using the same body. Useful against small radar emitters at short ranges, like SPAA.

Radar jammer

This nondescript box contains the heart of the Wildcat’s capabilities - radar jamming. By sending out incredible amounts of noise, it can confuse and mess up targeting and searching on radar systems by drowning out all contacts with noise. For non-digitised radars this can make targeting difficult, and for digital ones, it might not even be possible for the radar to display a valid contact.
It is capable of broadcasting in a wide band of frequencies, from low-band early warning radars to high-frequency tracking radars about to shoot something down.

MA.255 ASTRID-T

Standing for Advanced Supersonic Terminal Ranged Infrared Detection - Thrust vectoring, the ASTRID-T is a highly advanced dog-fight missile. Utilising thrust vectoring allows it to make extreme close-in shots without over-shooting the target, and an advanced seeker being able to search for infrared targets in a 15 degree cone.

Radar

While it in of itself does not kill anything (unless you stand in front of it for too long), the radar does aid in spotting, tracking and shooting at targets. With a 400km maximum range, it can engage targets from ranges well beyond what’ll ever be seen in combat, and can engage multiple targets in a track-while-scan mode (although using single-target-track is much better for accuracy and stable lock).

Radar Warning Receivers

RWRs also don’t kill targets, but provide significant situational awareness benefits and makes precise locating of radar sources possible. The Wildcat has many of these and is capable of monitoring radar sources in a 360-degree all-aspect bubble.

It can also equip bombs, but features no dedicated air-to-ground weaponry besides its 20mm internal HE gun and said dumb bombs, as it features no targeting pod and does not come equipped with a laser designator.

11 Likes
Ilaris Motors
(it ain't Of Araga anymore!)
For '77: Ilaris 4x4 & Ilaris VsR

Ilaris returns to production after material and monetary restrictions post-declaration with the Ilaris pick-up.

Both are not referred to by their model name (because it doesn’t have one), but rather by the trim, being the 4x4 and VsR.

Ilaris 4x4

The 4x4 is equipped with a 1924 cc 90-horsepower straight-four. It’s capable of carrying 1340kg in the tray and comes with manual transmission, 4x4 (wow) and low range. Other than that, it really is quite unremarkable.

Oh and it comes with an up-armour kit option, to be able to shrug off small arms fire in common locations, while minimising weight. Two extra seats are also added in the rear along with a kneeled position for a gunner.

Ilaris VsR

Remember him?

This is him now.

Well, no, not really. The rear-engined Imperial PowerStar V8 Sprint is not returning. Rather, its engine is. A modernised (and most importantly cost-cut) variant, with a single-cam design. Now detuned for a blistering 160 horsepower (down from 200 flat).

However, it isn’t slow. It gets to 100 in a mere 8.5 seconds (racking up 200 AMU in tax) and has a top speed of 210km/h. Did I tell you it’s a convertible?

Well, compromises had to be made. It’s a detachable hardtop. But hey, you can feel the wind in your hair even with the fact that there’s a war going on. The load capacity and off-road capability also had to be sacrificed to make way for sporty handling and decent suspension. Gotta make do with what you have though.

7 Likes
Empire Automotive Company
Elba + Temujin

Presented for Araga in lieu of advanced development under wartime conditions, Empire have created a development for a Universal Longtudinal Platform for use during these conditions of wartime. The Elba (hatchback) uses a short-development inline 3 based on an existing V6 platform, created to be a cheap option for the citizens of Araga.

The Temujin (coupe) is an intention to allow for performance capacity under restricted development. Featuring the V6 the Elba’s inline 3 was developed for, alongside capacity to seat “4”, RWD, and a 5 speed manual gear box. Precision engineering to avoid any acceleration taxes, the Temujin is the closest you might get to a through-and-through Empire Performance Model.

Elba available for under $6,500, Temujin for under $10,000.

5 Likes

Partisan Rally: Executive
1977 Empire 4Drive Concept

What was once expected previously to just be a normal prototype for the 1977 Autoshow circuit, an un-named member of Empire’s executive staff decided it wasn’t worth keeping this running and driving machine of power sitting in a warehouse for god knows how long. Our hero instead made sure to “liberate” the prototype for the good of the people. Just a person of the people.

Featuring an advanced All Wheel Drive system, a Twin-Turbo 3L inline six making 380hp, and modifications for protection, storage space, and additional offroad capacity, this version of the 4Drive Concept is beyond what Empire could have expected for this machine. The 4Drive still retains a top speed in excess of 250kmh, as well as expected Empire design cues.

The Executive

Our hero here wishes to stay relatively anonymous. They have a nice suit, somehow got their hands on a prototype sports car, and knew enough to add some shit. They call themselves “The Executive” for some reason, can only guess why.

Seriously, it’s kind of obvious at this point.

6 Likes
ILARIS HEAVY INDUSTRIES (again)

AT6D Lynx
Infantry Fighting Vehicle

The AT6 chassis is a series of tracked armoured vehicles produced by Ilaris Heavy Industries. Variants range from standard infantry fighting vehicles to armoured patrol cars to short-range mobile surface-to-air systems.

The D-variant are the infantry fighting vehicle variants, with a 25x137mm CH255 “Talon” chain-driven autocannon, 12.7x99mm independently traversing and elevating heavy machine gun and anti-tank guided missiles.

Fluff

General design outline

The AT6D is a mid-weight infantry fighting vehicle weighing in at around 22 tons, designed to deploy and subsequently support infantry. It seats a driver, commander, gunner and an additional three (AT6D-T) or six (AT6D-P) passengers.

The engine is an eight-litre diesel turbocharged V8, producing 360 horsepower and 980 Nm of torque. Mounted at the front, it transmits power through a twin-transmission setup and front sprockets. Along with that, the sloped front is to house the engine and transmissions, provide marginally increased armour protection, and to house the vehicle’s fuel tank. The fuel tank is mounted on the front to provide additional protection as the fuel is an excellent energy dissapator.

It is equipped with a stabilised main 25mm autocannon firing APDS, HEI or API rounds, a machine gun and anti-tank guided missiles.

Chassis and protection

The AT6D features a monocoque chassis to which steel armour sheets are welded to. Thicknesses range between 60mm on the turret and 50mm on hull front to 15-20mm everywhere else on the hull. Effective armour ranges between 120-80mm depending on aspect and whether it travels through the fuel tank.

To aid in crew protection, the vehicle is pressurised maintaining a positive pressure environment within the cabin, giving it limited resistance to airborne weaponry such as chemical attack. To filter the intake air, the vehicle is equipped with a filtration system, though the vehicle can be set to exclusively recirculation.

The upper coaxial gun features a hidden smoke launcher with cartridges embedded in to the circular ‘turret’.

The suspension are a set of torsion bars with the front roadwheels featuring adjustable dampers internally. While the ride is not great, the stabiliser and cushy interior result in passable interior comfort and ride stability for firing on the move.

Armament

The AT6D features the CH225 “Talon” 25x137mm chaingun. It fires a variety of shells - Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot (APDS), High-Explosive Incendiary (HEI), and Armour Piercing Incendiary (API), most with tracer to zero in rounds, if the laser rangefinder or ballistics computer happen to be damaged or fail. The gun cycles at around 300 RPM, with a semi-automatic, burst and fully automatic fire mode.

The CH225 is belt-fed with clippable belts to allow quick switching of loaded ammunition and follow-up shots. Two ready racks are provided on the gunner’s side, each allowing a belt of 70 25mm rounds to be readied up. Underneath the gunner the semi-ready stowage compartment stores an additional 600 rounds. Behind the gunner is an additional ammunition stowage storing a thousand extra rounds.

The 12.7mm coaxial heavy machine gun is mounted on its own swivel and has elevation. The commander and gunner can use it, though the gunner gets priority if the coax is selected. Short barrel length reduces its accuracy, but increases its ability to turn and elevate, and as a suppression device it is more than enough.

The AT65 Gladius is an anti-tank guided missile. It is semi-active command-line-of-sight, wire-guided and features deploying fins. It is the main anti-tank weapon and is capable of penetrating up to 550 mm of armour, with a surplus of flight profiles optimising chance of a successful kill. With a range of up to 4 kilometres it is more than enough to engage most heavily armoured threats from any distance.

The AT6D-P only features one Gladius ATGM and no additional missiles, while the AT6D-T is intended for heavier and more front-line support duties, thus having a twin ATGM launcher and dedicated storage for additional missiles.

The upper hatches can be used to climb behind the turret and somewhat-safely reload the ATGMs.

Crew provisions and assistance

The driver and commander are provided with a swiveling camera, allowing them to see in a wide cone without having to open the hatches. The driver gets an additional set of pull-down mirrors to allow them to see through the driver port. The gunner gets their own camera, fixed to the turret, which features thermal and night vision, while the driver and commander cameras are only provided with light amplification night vision.

The driver gets additional treats. An automatic torque converter clutch allows the driver to shift gears using the twist control on the control sticks without depressing a clutch. The computer is also capable of shifting itself, but many drivers prefer manual control.

AT6D-T Variant

The AT6D-T is intended for more front-line support, where heavier armour and bigger guns are expectable. Anti-high explosive disposable anti-tank slat armour is welded to the front, and the ATGM launcher is doubled up for additional firepower. Three seats are also removed to make way for an ATGM storage compartment, and the tracks and roadwheels are partially covered by some superficial armour plates protecting from shrapnel and enemy soldiers shoving logs in to the running gear.

4 Likes

1977 PILLAR Series

This is the first ever introduction to PILLAR in Araga. The “Phénix Industrie Lourde, Logistique et ARmement” group is an offspring of Phénix Auto that focuses on industrial, commercial and military vehicles of all kinds.

Their 1977 offering in Araga are two of their most popular series of utility vehicles. The C-series (City Utility) and the X-series (4x4 HD). Both series offer Pickup Truck and Van options.

The C-series

The 1500C Van exemplifies the C-series advantages - small, cheap and focused on intercity and long distance drives of light/medium payloads. It is quite a bit lighter and drives better than other series as ell. Its simple utilitarian look is perfect for anyone looking to haul cargo cheaply and the 2.45m wheelbase, combined with its front bench, makes it a great city truck.

All PILLAR offerings are featuring the renowned Phénix all-alu Flat-4 used in the Helios. The variant used here has kept the same block but with slightly cheaper components (it is wartime afterall) and a single cam, combined with a tuning much more conducive to utility usage with its 1500cc. The C-series offers about 70hp and 90ft-lb of torque, enough to handle light and medium cargo when necessary. With unparalleled reliability, great durability and good safety, the C-series should meet your needs easily.

The X-series

The top of the line for this year is the 2000X, offering 4x4 heavy duty performance for any kind of medium to heavy cargo. While costing more than the C-series, it is more rugged and powerful, with an upgraded 2000cc variant producing about 100hp.

It offers more comfort, much more load, towing and offroad capabilities, has a tow ball and shackle hooks, a low bed, larger wheels and a wheelbase of 3m. It also offers a 4-speed auto gearbox as an option and the standard front bench from PILLAR. It can handle whatever the road throws at you.

Do not get stranded, get you C or X-series today.

5 Likes

The Deliverer

One obscure and elusive figure became somewhat of a myth during the war. Nicknamed The Deliverer, no one actually knew his name or origin, but many thinks he might not be native to Araga itself but everyone agrees he’s working for the benefit of all Aragan people. Latest rumours are saying he might even come from overseas, like Runicza.

The local government never comments on any story involving him, but the Windon Federal Police is on high alert and actively trying to identify and locate the Deliverer at all cost.

However, his most identifiable attribute must be his ride…

Helios Milspec

One thing is for sure, there are not many Helios Milspec running around and he’s believed to be operating one to perform delivery and of goods and supplies to isolated troops without a working supply line, and delivering captured POW from behind enemy lines. Some believes he’s actually a network of smuggler creating the iconic character, but there are always stories about people actually meeting him.

The urban camo’d Milspec is a modified Helios Turbo RX with a van extension for cargo and extra smuggling capacity, armored chassis, offroading equipment, and a ring mount around the top hatch. It is said that The Deliverer prefers to be quiet and not engaged, but he appears to be ready for any engagement.

The 160hp Flat-4 turbo allows the heavier Helios to reach 220 km/h and tackle harsh terrain with blistering burst of speeds. Most importantly, it is very quiet compared to other noises on the battlefield

Nobody knows how he got his hand on this highly restricted vehicle, but many surmise that he might be supplied by the government or military itself. It is highly likely he has a military background as well.

One thing is for sure, his reputation precedes him.

5 Likes

The Moore body sets may not be an obvious choice for a military/off-road vehicle, but you pulled it off. I can see a weathered version of it getting the lead role in a Mad Max-like post-apocalyptic film, with some changes.

1 Like

1977 Phénix Cortège

With the war raging on, Phénix was reshuffling its priorities. With general tension around the world as well, the pure sport market was in decline. To try to prevent a slump and to use this opportunity to expand and increase production, Phénix partnered up with another French company, Régal, to get access to ladder chassis to quickly build new and cheaper cars. The 2.5m wheelbase was select by Phénix and the Cortège was born - a smaller platform with a variety of different trims and features. While nothing exciting, Phénix was able to put a lot of value into those boxes and included a few different engine options, all based on the Helios boxer block but with cheaper sourced material and single cam.

Cortège Cargo

An innovative little hatchback, the Cargo trim does it all. It is the perfect little jack of all trade that does provide a more rugged package for offroading, better utility capabilities and the innovative Cargo System where the full rear bench can be folded and recessed to allow a full flat bed behind the front seat. The passenger seat can even be reclined to provide additional space to fit nearly 8-feet of length.

Powered by a 1.4L with a bit above 60hp, it is able to tow smaller trailers the extra capabilities comes in handy, and lug a bit over 500kg. It is a very practical little hatch and is safety conscious with a great range.

Cargo System

Cortège Sport

The sport package provide simplicity and fun. With a few red trim lines and slightly sportier-looking but less comfortable seats in a 2/2 setup, the liftback trim is not as practical as the Cargo but still can carry a lot of lightweight luggage. It comes in cheaper than the Cargo but does cost more to maintain.

The 1600cc engine generates 90hp and accelerates to 100km/h in about 10 seconds, with a top speed of 180km/h. It is the perfect cheap and fun car if you still have to take care of the family transportation needs.

It is not an Helios but it’s still a lot of fun to drive.

Interiors

6 Likes

Oh god i have to be on a plane in 6 hours

ah right

Renwoo Merci

Like the old one, but better

8 Likes

The first two pictures were taken on the last Aragan car show shortly before the outbreak of the war

Standard: 1977 Wara Irena 1.3 LK / 2.0 SSE

For the family, the recently introduced practical Liftback in Komfort trim with the venerable 1.3 litre engine, and for the more sporty desire the 2-litre Sedan Sport Extra trim of Wara’s established Irena.

Utility: 1977 Wara Irena 1.3 UR / 1.3 PR

For the utility segment, the Irena’s van and pickup versions, in Regular form with basic entertainment, and both with the same 1.3 litre engine as the liftback.

Partisan: Kyrios Nike 2.0 Night Courier

The ‘Night Couriers’ are the brainchild of Elefthera-born veteran Aragan racing-driver-turned-team-owner Filippos Iofos. Unfit for military duty due to past racing injuries, he - with the help of a retired engineer friend - had a small fleet of aging Kyrios Nike coupes converted into agile fibreglass-bodied wagons, changed the suspension for increased load capacity and off-road prowess, painted them all black and recruited some of his veteran racing driver buddies to do their duty for the fatherland.

The (mostly) on-road counterparts to the Deliverer, the Night Couriers clandestinely run bulky and not too heavy goods (and the occasional person) at high speeds from safe areas deep in Aragan lands close to the front lines (and back) under the protection of the night.

5 Likes

Hi all, quick reminder - the challenge ends in 2 and a half days.

Also, there’s a new debate in the Discord - “What should Araga do after the war?”

1977 Bazard Lineup!

Bazard B-Line Continues!
All New Bazard D-Line!

Here at Bazard, we don’t believe in compromise. We’ve always strived to offer the most capable, most useful vehicles on the market, and we refuse to let petty inconveniences like wars and price restrictions get in the way of offering the best and nothing less. Bazard vehicles remain competent, versatile, and desirable workers that dominate their field in war or peace, shortage or surplus. They aren’t just the trucks you need, they’re the trucks you want.

About the 1977 B-Line

Araga’s leading full-size truck remains just as hardworking as it’s always been, the only tweak being a return to the cheaper and more reliable (but no less powerful) carburetors. Presented here is an otherwise-base model equipped with the Heavy-Duty package, that provides a toughened up engine and a beefed-up suspension. With a 3700kg-strong bed, excellent highway manners, and Bazard’s proven durability, the beloved B-Line remains the ultimate truck for the toughest of jobs, civilian or military.

Why buy and maintain a whole fleet of vehicles when one B-Line can do it all? This V8 crew-cab with the all-terrain-package truck holds 5 people in top-spec comfort, hauls 2500kg without batting an eye, and high-tails over- we mean it when we say it -ALL terrains, thanks to its locking 4wd and automatic transmission. It’s an all-in-one vehicle that does anything you ever could need a truck to do and more; and probably all at once, too! Perfect for small businesses and private buyers with broad needs.

Trucks as shown still not enough? Don’t forget the highly-configurable nature of Bazard trucks, as well as our extensive aftermarket support networks, both in-house and independent; we will make sure you get the exact truck you need, and nothing less!

About the All-New 1977 D-Line

For some, a truck doesn’t need to be a segment-topping monster with incredible power; sometimes, you just need an open bucket. For those keeping to the essentials, The new D-Line truck is your compact sidekick good for 715kg below $6.1k. Cheap to buy, cheap to run, and cheap to fix; yet never sacrificing what matters, with a 68hp I4 that’s pleasant to drive, achieves great highway performance, and offers the same Bazard reliability you know and love. Even at the base price, we do our jobs right.

Sharing the D-Line’s all new platform is the “D-Light!”, a fun compact wagon that likes to get dirty, with an innovative 4-wheel-drive system that’ll take rough roads a-plenty! It’s great on road too, with excellent driving manners, a top spec interior, and great safety features to keep the family happy. A sporty little wagon with unique offroad utility, “The D-Light!” is the fun and capable vehicle fit for any occasion!

Oh, also we built bombs for the war

And there’s this top-secret weapons project we can’t tell you about right now

8 Likes