Automation Rebadge Challenge 1 [finished]

if you want to add wipers and stuff go ahead. All that stuff would be things the Huron should have too, I just forgot to add them.
if by defoggers you mean the defroster lines on the rear window you can add that if you want I guess.
Tiny details like such probably won’t factor into the actual judging much but it’s always cool

2 Likes

to save potato PCs, could we ditch the interior for the sake of making this more bareable

If you must remove it to build your car I guess you have no choice.
All I have to say is your design should be really good without an interior because it is part of the challenge for everyone else.

dang, guess I aint entering then

You can always try setting potato graphics if don’t have that already and if that’s the issue.

they are already as low as they go without making the game look terrible

Since interior’s part of the challenge, can we put interior details outside the red area? I’m thinking things like speakers, seatbelts, overhead lamps, handlebars, and things to cover areas like these

1 Like

yeah go ahead and add details on the interior if you want.
did I actually leave a hole in the dash lol

2 Likes

Yes, also thoughts on roof rails?

while it would make sense to have them, I’m going to have to say no because they would mount to the seam of the roof and I forgot to add those. So realistically all the cars would have to have the same spot for them to mount and the base car currently doesn’t.

you could add something like these if you want I guess, kinda as a dealer-installed option.

1 Like

As a fellow shitbox PC “enjoyer” it’s not too bad, some of the cars I’ve built for challenges run just as bad as this and those are ones I do to myself. Unless your computer’s actively overheating it really doesn’t matter if Auto runs at 20 FPS or less, it’s really not the sort of game where you need that many frames. Hell even sub 10 is doable (although annoying after a bit).

Then again I could just be used to it after playing FSX at sub 10 FPS for many years, who knows!

4 Likes

I would argue with that line of reasoning we shouldn’t be allowed to add things like antennas and wipers because those aren’t going to be mounted the same like badge engineered cars would have, also with the dealers they wouldn’t realistically be mounting things like antennas and wipers after the car has already been built. In the end its your competition and its just my opinion on it

okay, that’s a very good point so those other things shouldn’t be allowed either.

CHANGE OF RULES DON’T ADD LITTLE EXTERIOR DETAILS BECAUSE THEY AREN’T ALL GOING TO BE THE SAME

If people submit with them on because they didn’t read this they can just be removed for judging to keep it even.

4 Likes

Kotatsu Kuma

Revealed in the year 2023, the new Kuma is based on the Huron Marquette, another mid-size crossover. Same platform, same engine, same transmission, same interior, yadda yadda. Despite the fact, Kotatsu has managed to implement its own iconic, modern design language to distinguish it from the Marquette. For the exterior, at least.

The Kuma retains the inline-4 engine from Huron with several adjustments, especially to the turbo, now outputting 242 bhp without losing too much fuel economy. Also added is an AWD system with electronically assisted limited slip.

(also apologies for those who noticed, yes those are fake exhaust tips, we swear this’ll be the only time we do this)

10 Likes

Its annoying for me, doable but annoying

All of the sudden I’m no longer confident in my entry

2023 Astoria Paragon Touring

HiResPhoto289_1_920-1_080-removebg-preview
HiResPhoto290_1_920-1_080-removebg-preview

The Astoria Paragon is all new for 2023, thanks to a partnership with the Huron group. The Paragon shares a body and underpinnings with Huron's Marquette mid-sized SUV.

Shown: 2023 Astoria Paragon Touring 2WD | MSRP: $29,200 | EPA MPG: 34 combined

7 Likes

I have a problem. The car does not appear in my game :c

Bordeaux X09 Interior Update

As part of Bordeaux’s efforts to implement their identity, their designers went to work on an interior redesign, adding the company’s signature HeadsUp high-mounted digital gauge cluster, as well as new seat upholstery materials, a redesigned upper dash and a Bordeaux-exclusive green shade for the ambient lighting system.

7 Likes

Zephorus Autos

logo3

2023 Edition

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission. I struggle like a bitch with modern suvs.
10 Likes