Automation’s first ever secret santa special

Automation’s first ever secret santa special

Introduction
Hello everyone, as my other challenge is currently on hold due to college, being overworked and a bit of burn out (who would have thought reviewing 20 cars per day would burn you out) I would like to present a little sorry for the delays. The automation secret santa special!

This challenge is simple, each of you will design a car based on the ruleset provided below, and in a week’s time I’m gonna randomly assign your car to another person, we will all race and then using the average time between the person who got your car and you, we will score you!

Once your submission is ready, send it to me through automation messages or discord. I’ll get back to you with your assigned car in the day of the deadline

CAR DEADLINE: 12/12/2021

RULESET
Car Rules

• Car year is 2003

• Certain parts are forbidden from use:
    Carbon fiber panels, partial carbon fiber panel, semi and full space frame chassis and glued aluminum/carbon fiber chassis material

• Quality Sliders must be between -2 and 2

-chassis/trim

• At least 100 in any market in Gasmea
  • Max 100 ET time and 130 PU
  • Max average tyre width is 235
  • Cooling airflow at least 50
  • Max amount of wing fixtures allowed is 2, wings must be clearly visible and not hidden inside the car

-Engine/variant

• 3000 cc max engine size
  • Max 98 RON in fuel
  • max engineering time 130

Track rules

Track will be announced on the day that entries are closed and the secret santas are assigned. But expect a challenging, japanese hilly course.
Your lap must be recorded and sent to me for its time to be valid
2 wheels must stay within the tarmac at all times or else a time penalty will be applied

Scoring rules

Your time is determined by the following: Half of the time you did with the car you received as a gift + Half of the time that the person who received your car as a gift did.

Lowest time wins

In case the person that received your gift hasn’t submitted their time within 1 day of the deadline, I will contact you to see if you want to wait for them to submit it, else I can record the time for you, or you can invite a friend to record the time for you

9 Likes

Can we average staggered tires to max allowed of 235?

presumably this is in beam?

1 Like

Would we put some pictures of the cars we make up on here? Or is it supposed to be completely secret

1 Like

“presumably this is in beam?”
Aye aye this in beam

“Would we put some pictures of the cars we make up on here? Or is it supposed to be completely secret”
You can post teasers or hints, but please avoid making it too obvious who made the car!

by this, does this mean we can go like 210 in the front and 240 in the rear?

1 Like

yes, you could have at most a 200 270 setup

1 Like

should we submit the beam or automation file?

Please send me the automation file so I may check your car is legal.

are modded fixtures and bodies allowed?

Does this mean that anything requiring a CNC shop is also prohibited?

The upper trim ET limit is a bit low - shouldn’t it be slightly higher? If not, I’ll be happy to have it left as it is.

is aluminum and fiberglass concidered limited production?

EVERYONE
On this context. I’ll announce a small rule rewrite.

No limited production parts will now be:
Certain parts are forbidden from use
-Carbon fiber panels, partial carbon fiber panel, semi and full space frame chassis and glued aluminium/carbon fiber chassis material

Apologies for any inconveniences.

Yep they are!

I’ve found that you can do quite competitive cars even with that trim level. So I’ll keep it as is.

so does this mean that fibreglass and aluminium panels are allowed now?

yes

TRACK HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED, TIME TRIAL IS READY, GIFTS ARE GONNA BE DELIVERED

Time trial map

TIME TRIAL
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WCNTWZiNlNM4uaXcCz_EJsXQtlUA3DS4/view?usp=sharing
Just dowload this file and put it in your repo folder.

What to do now?
Santa will be delivering gifts, check your messages or discord DMs to get your car files. If you encounter any issues with importing or exporting the cars, just tell me. Same if the time trail has any bugs or issues.

The time trial
In order to record your times, just simply hop into the quick race provided in the dowload links above. You need the map and the timetrial.ZIP in your repo. You may record the race any way you want, I recommend OBS. or if you are running extremely low specs, hooking up your phone some way. I don’t care about video quality, as long as I can confirm your time is legitimate anything goes
Please send to me your videos before the 20th of december
If any issues arise I will give you extra time to submit your recording, or I’ll take your place in case you didn’t record/send in time

The results are expected to be posted in the 23rd

Good luck everyone and merry Xmas and a happy new year!

7 Likes

EVERYONE PLEASE RE DOWLOAD THE TIME TRIAL. I MISSPLACED SOME NODES AND THE FINISH LINE BROKE. THE LINK IN THE POST ABOVE HAS BEEN UPDATED
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WCNTWZiNlNM4uaXcCz_EJsXQtlUA3DS4/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes