Big Automation Q&A 4/2014

yea I looked at the build and know feel dumb

Are there plans to select the body colour when we design the model and not the platform? Platform should be steel / alu / carbon fibre colour or w/e and then the body colour chosen when we build a model.

Yes, the whole process will be revamped in the next big update, having a different color for every model will probably be possible.

Thanks for such an informative video.

Can you elaborate about why you donā€™t like game conventions? Personally, I have a very specific style of games I like to play and I donā€™t enjoy the scene at gaming conventions myself. (I guess I would like it if it was for just one specific game or only games I like.)

Edit: Sorry to bring up an old thread, with my busy schedule I was just now able to sit back and watch the whole video comfortably.

Any transcripts available? I canā€™t keep watching youtube videos all the time (limited bandwidth)

The transcript is linked in the video description: tinyurl.com/q9jgyps

:open_mouth:

[quote=ā€œoppositelockā€]

:open_mouth:[/quote]

:open_mouth: V syndrome

Hi Everyone, new player who just put 64 hours into the game in he past few days. Iā€™ve been marathoning the campaign lite version. So much potential there, lots of bugs and crashes, but since this game is currently being reworked into a new engine, Iā€™m not going to worry too much about it.

I do want to make a suggestion though that I hope to see implemented. Itā€™s too easy to dominate multiple markets with one vehicle. For example, I was able to create a single platform, single small engine van, one cargo variant, and one 4 passenger, and I could sell to just about every major market with that one vehicle.

My suggestion would be to tie body types with personal perspectives. What I mean is a van is a van and only van buyers buy vans. It shouldnā€™t be able to cross over into the commuter car, family car, sport utility, pony carā€¦yeah, pony carā€¦ categories. That way, no matter how good your van is, it will only sell in particular segments.

Thatā€™s my big, tycoon exploit suggestion that should be fixed.

Glad you enjoyed it so far :slight_smile: the markets / sales model are going to be completely rewritten in the UE4 version. While we think there should be possible overlap, you definitely wonā€™t be able to dominate several fields without specializing. That always depends on difficulty, tooā€¦ and yes, the Pony car category always has been a little bugged.

Iā€™ve been toying with the UE4 beta today. Much prettier. Runs a little slow on my Asus G75VW, and my 2,254 HP, 13.5L V10 twin turbo drag car in a 1960ā€™s body broke the math. It couldnā€™t calculate a 1/4 mile time, or run the track. Whatā€™s wrong with drum brakes on a 5,000 lb car with that much power? Lulz.

This is going to be a fun game once it has that deep tycoon aspect to it. I like geek out management games, like Out of the Park Baseball '17. Lots of data grinding and thinking and unknowable random variablesā€¦like is Madison Bumgarner going to tank once I sign him to a $250 million dollar contract?

Is my minivan going to be outdated by the time it hits the market? Is some other competitor going to beat me to it?