Brawl of Brawn [ENTRIES CLOSED]

You’d be well suited to judge this challenge, I see no problems or conflicts with that.

If you want to pick up hosting I’m good with that as well. Should we submit our .car files to you then?

Hold it for now. I will see if I can contact doot; if not, I will make an announcement about sending me the .car files, and maybe a slightly knocked back deadline.

2 Likes

1968 Avian Dive, a 300 Horsepower Muscle car.

1 Like

NEW HOST ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello all, I have contacted @doot and so far, what I know is the following:

I am permitted to host, and he will get all the .car files he has to me in short order.

I am now accepting .car files from everybody who has not sent in a .car file to anybody until this point; In short order I will post an announcement taking stock of all entries up to that point.

The deadline for the challenge is now January 26, 2024, 11:59 CST. That falls on a Friday and gives you 5 days.

6 Likes
7 Likes

ROLL CALL

The people who have submitted .car files that I have received are as follows:

@GassTiresandOil
@machalel
@xsneakyxsimx
@Mausil
@abg7
@Riley
@Rise_Comics
@zeromight
@Ch_Flash
@ArizonaCaseo
@z2bbgr
@CriticalSet9849

And there’s also a guy off-discourse with an entry.

There have been many violations of the “BB - [Your Username Here]” naming convention; I will forgive this just to be simple.

Furthermore, I see ads from @karhgath and @Sandstorm but no .car files. Do make sure to get them in before the 26th!

If I missed you somehow, please make it known to me.

3 Likes
‎‎

Sure, big muscle cars with massive engines are cool. But what about a small Japense coupe with even smaller engine :sunglasses:

With engine in the back!

7 Likes

1968 Condor Taipan GT

10 Likes

Opps, didnt see this got re-opened. Ill send right away

1968 1/2 Turból Centurion CS427

The Centurion is an upscale, sporty pony car by Turból, first introduced in 1967. Based on a shortened intermediate Cabirou platform rather than an economy car platform like most pony cars, the Centurion came in at the high end of pricing for its segment. While the car was well-liked, Turból felt the styling was too plain given the premium price, and partway through the 1968 model year the car received a more aggressive styling.

The CS427 is a high performance model, featuring a 385 gross hp 427ci V8. A Muncie M-20 4 speed and a 3.52 Lok-Grip rear end sent the power to the uprated F70-15 bias-belted tires. Heavy duty suspension, braking, and cooling were also included.

12 Likes
is anyone even going to read this? I guess I'll just put a spaceship here (_)(_)=====D~~

The 1968 Zeydra F6U

By Planar

Planar’s all-new Zeydra brings Australian flair to the large coupe market.

With a Rotomax 233ci flat six under the hood making 185hp, it makes more than enough power for comfortable cruising, with a 0-60 of 7.7 seconds and a top speed of nearly 140mph.

And comfort is the name of the game, with a quality premium interior (now with an 8 Track player as standard), Planar’s typical comfortable suspension, and smoothness unlike anything else in its class.

Available now for $20,000 AMU, call or visit your local Planar dealership today to find out about offers and to take it for a test drive.
3 Likes
Saberin Motori
Sabersprint Rapiere Tipo N

4.4 seconds to 100. 400 PS (DIN), 5-liter flat-8.

403 bhp, ~390hp (net), engineered as V8.

The Saberin Sabersprint Rapiere Tipo N is a collaboration between the Soaura Works division of Saberin and Norðwagen. (@moroza, engineering) Looking to improve the image of the brand from small, pathetic but zippy sporty cars, and having found deficiencies in their own line of V-8 engines disallowing the performance stipulated in the design concepts, Saberin contacted engineers at Norðwagen, who procured a light, compact and highly performant flat-8 engine, at 400 (metric DIN-standard) horsepower, while weighing 213 kilograms, even with a long free-flowing exhaust system and reliably built parts.

Lightweight construction (1369kg) combined with wide, grippy tires have resulted in an extremely fast vehicle, reaching nearly 280km/h, and rear-engined layout resulting in additional grip on the rear wheels, allowing a sprint to 100 in a mere 4.4 seconds, assisted by a limited-slip differential. With a four-speed manual transaxle, both strong and light, it is fun to drive anywhere. A true muscle car in performance, but perhaps a little more intriguing than most with the engine up back, but not any lesser in any way.

Even with this, the car does not compromise on comforts, as is usual with Saberin’s performance department. Norðwagen engineers paid special attention to fine-tuning the suspension and consulting with the Saberin design team to procure a fittingly comfortable and luxurious interior for the vehicle. With leather seats, wood trim, plush leather carpet and a high-end 8-track player, it is bound to keep you and four others in comfort at all times, regardless of how quickly you drive.

In fact, the whole car has been practically engineered from the ground up - only keeping the platform’s specifics, namely rear-engine and fully independent suspension, as well as the body being mostly different from non ‘Tipo N’-trims, with exterior design handled by Saberin’s in-house styling team, with the most notable being the spear around the sides, a reference to the Dahullan Hetvesian automaker.

This performance and comfort are offered at 20,000$, for the Tipo N trim.

Gallery
8 Likes

6 HR WARNING ROLL CALL

The people who have submitted .car files that I have received are as follows:

@GassTiresandOil
@machalel
@xsneakyxsimx
@Mausil
@abg7
@Riley
@Rise_Comics
@zeromight
@Ch_Flash
@ArizonaCaseo
@z2bbgr
@CriticalSet9849
@Sandstorm
@lotto77
@Hilbert
@karhgath
@donutsnail
@shibusu & @moroza
and a guy from outside Discourse

With @Fantic2000 having an ad but no submitted .car file

If I missed you somehow, please make it known to me.

5 Likes

ENTRIES CLOSED

@Fantic2000 and @happyfireballman joined up. 20 people in total. Not bad. Stay tuned. I’m off to bed

4 Likes

Unfortunately, my idea of submitting the Forrest Taipan to this challenge has already been undermined. Fortunately, it has been done so by a far more well-designed vehicle. Kudos and good luck!

1 Like

How do you have access to the engine DLC!!!11!!!111!!!11???

I assume that engine and exhaust work is all fixtures? Because it is very impressive and well made.

4 Likes

Engine model was 3d’d by @moroza, I did the headers and muffler tubing, he did the dual tips.

3 Likes

Speaking of dead challenges… did this one die too?