BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

Thanks @Der_Bayer, I appreciate that. I have sent over the latest version I was working on.

AH I may finally have time to get DSDā€™s entry in I have a lot of testing to do in the next 24hrs lol

BRC tool is not letting me select one of my 2 car trims.

remove all car model/trim .lua from your save folder, also remove all engine+variant .lua in case brc refuse to re-calculate your car cost

And make sure you have moved the tool to the right folder.

If it still does not work: A better description of what exactly is happening would be very helpful.

I think this is as good as Iā€™m going to get with this build:

10 Likes

#[color=#ffee00]Bugfix - Pre-Season Test 4.5[/color]

Alright, I found and fixed a bug where some (many) cars did not accelerate out of some corners properly, but only at the beginning of the following segment. This should make many cars 0.5-1 seconds faster. Some cars were unaffected though. So letā€™s hope your car is faster, too. :wink:

Sorry for the inconvenience. It was a very tiny and hidden numerical issue in pre-processing of the speed profile. I hope together with the downloadable flying lap version of Automation Test Track this will make the difference between Automation and BRC a lot smaller.

Here are correct results with the current cars I have (so revisions from the past few days are already in):

The next pre-season test will be on Monday, July 18. The final test will be on Thursday, July 21. For both the deadline is at 8 p.m. CEST.

For the record, the latest submitted car from me (which you kindly recovered) does the flying lap in 2:07.95 ingame (unweighted) and based on Test 4,5 it manages 2:12.93 in the simulation with fresh tires and a near full tank. Weighted with a Premium interior and Luxury 8track (60+kg), the car does the flying lap in 2:09.02 ingame.

Based on the above, the difference between the simulation and the game is about 4-4,5 seconds per lap, which seems like a fairly big difference. Can others corroborate?

I note also that the weighted car reaches a speed of about 260km/h by the end of the long straight ingame, but only somewhere between 240 and 250km/h in the test.

The BRC export tool suggests the car should have a fuel tank of 64.5kg but at the beginning of the simulation it seems to be loaded with 61kg instead. Is this because it doesnā€™t need any more to run the length of the test?

Hm, the fuel tank size difference makes me think I did not run the correct car for you. I think I ran the one you sent me for recovery. That was probably wrong, sorry about that. I can give you your basic pre-testing results without video if you send me the car I should have tested again.

The one I sent for recovery was the correct car - the times and fuel weight in my previous post are from when I opened the recovered car in the game. (I have made some minor modifications since then, but removed the new version from the folders for the duration of the test to keep things clear)

Edit: Up to test 3, the simulation showed the car as having 64.5kg of fuel capacity. In test 4 it was shown as 62.5 and now in test 4.5 as ~61kg. BRCtool still shows 64.5kg capacity. I did not submit a new car between tests 3 and 4, but the lap times in test 4 were a few tenths slower than test 3 - I chalked this up to randomness at the time. As noted, the flying lap time difference between the game and simulation seems to be quite high but I donā€™t know what results other people are getting so it might be the same for everyone (?).

Iā€™m quite happy with those results, I know exactly how i can improve on a few things =)

If my car in test 4.5 was the one submitted immediately prior then I am also experiencing the same gap. It was good for 2:12 on the flying lap ATT and only 2:17 in test 4.5.

@HowlerAutomotive I know where the lap time difference comes from now, after a few investigations: I have lower cornering speeds compared to Automation, all the way through the field. The difference is about 10-15%. This also explains your lower top speed, because your car comes out of the corner much slower. Your theoretical top speed is the same in the BRC.

Iā€™ll applied a grip bonus now. The cornering values match much better through the whole field and I hope that finally things are okay. Here is the video:

Now that I think about it: I think @Killrob adjusted tyre grip a while ago (+15%). I might have missed to implement that during the BRC66, as it would have been wrong to adjust the simulation of cars from an older game build.

Your fuel tank size problem is no problem: You have 64.5 kg. Your car was already running quite some time when it first appeared in the list. And yes, a few tenths up and down in the lap time are always possible.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to get a .csv or .exe file with all the lap times(each lap) as quite a few disappear from the screen with so many participants? There is some excelling to be done here, and the flying laps skewed some of my calcs :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, is it possible to run one test with pit stops, just to get a feel for how long they are? Yes, we know how much time spent in the actual pit, but an approx of to and from would be appreciated :smiley:

Just when I thought 2:12 was fastā€¦

Back to the drawing board.

Where did the increase in fuel consumption come from in those tests? using about .3kg/lap more, from the same car as test 4, and was .8s slower in 4.5 test

Edit: sector 1 alone i was .7s slower, the other 2 sectors are about what i would expect due to randomness

Well thatā€™s interesting.

Also 100% driver error with a <1 difficulty car? Harsh!

I think Im ready to submit my car, looks like im getting 2:06 flying lap unweighted. Hope its competitive on the next test.

New 110% 2:18.25?

@Puffster Here are the lap times, but only those of the first 14 laps, due to a bug in the export. I cannot restore the other values. Next test will have the complete list.
1_Automation Test Track_T_LapTimes.zip (2.2 KB)
Pit stops donā€™t make too much sense now, as the time loss depends on the track and many people havenā€™t even set up a strategy yet. For the time lost from driving in the pit lane you can take a look at the earlier BRC races. Nothing has changed in that regard. The pit stop base values are in the booklet, but here again:

• 60 km/h speed limit
  • refuel speed 2.5 kg per second
  • tyre change 15-20 s (equally distributed)
  • repair speed 2% per second

@CriticalSet9849 I guess that comes from higher cornering speeds and thus higher speeds on the straights. It can vary from case to case, but you seem to run at less efficient rpm ranges or just at higher rpm/more power in average.

@Riso: The 110% time is based on standing start in-game calculations. Nobody is forced to download the flying lap version. I will update the time soon and mention who is in trouble.