BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

:joy: I’m not alone :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I didn’t do a backup so I get the tool error.
@Der_Bayer is it possible to release a version of the BRC76 tool (or editor) wich does not require a trim file? Like you open an old info file and edit it. Or for the next season.

yup. just tried it. also getting an error when i load any car. seems like the car save files are different now?

1 Like

I wish i had gone with my first design. Sure it would’nt have drifted but it made 140 hp from a 1 litre engine with a small turbocharger, and weighed only 600kg. But at least with this car the drift gods have bestowed the power of the drift onto me.

so the deadline of the strategy submission is today, yet the brctool is derping. any solutions?

There will be no updates to the BRCTool this season (time reasons). If you need working car files, send me a PM and I will send you compatible car files. You can also send me a list of your changes in text form. Deadline is extended until Saturday evening CET.

actually. would it be easier to just give a short brief what changes what in the .lua files?

just so you don’t need too look up everyone’s car?

The race will be on SUNDAY - 20.00 CET. (basically when this post is 46h old)
I will post a youtube link later on.

4 Likes

Welp. Im not sleeping again then.

Brc happens, and the the igp race

2 Likes

It’s gonna be a fun night. Get the beer in, it’s time to become a race manager :sunglasses:

1 Like

How would a 400+ Horsepower car handle? I know that there is a 450 hp ford fiesta but how would it handle? I am interested in doing it for the next brc.

If you want to know how something will handle test it yourself, we’re not here to do your testing for you.

I will say that I would probably stick to N/A though for fwd.

4 hours to go!

6 Likes

Grats to @TheBobWiley and @mer_at!
Thanks to the commentators and @Der_Bayer for a great race :slight_smile:

A bit unfortunate that we did not see the massive three way battle for 1st on the first try resolved, but thems the breaks.
Also can’t help but feel a bit robbed after the tsunami two laps before the end, but again, things happen and that’s racing.

I suppose I sort of robbed @Absurdist thanks to his late pit.

It was a good race in the end, just a shame that the first race never got finished!

I guess there will be as many people who will end up feel slightly annoyed about the BRC multiverse event as there will people who are glad the second race happened. Unfortunatly I’m in the first category, I figure I would have been 5-8 places higher in the first race! But at the end of the day there was nothing that could have been done!

On to Spa!

@Steel I’m just happy we didn’t crash in the second universe.

And congrats to @TheBobWiley, you pulled off a miracle.

1 Like

A big sorry for the first race. Something went completely wrong there and I cannot fix it. All the commentators had problems with the race stream, I was unable to comment because I had a slideshow with 10-30s intervals, the commentator stream crashed multiple times and in the end the simulation crashed for a reason which does not make any sense. The other universe then had a much smoother race stream, my internet worked again and the simulation (running on Pyrlix’s) system didn’t crash. It’s a shame that we didn’t see the results of the first race. My apologies for the inconvenience and the additional time it took.

BRC_Statistics.zip (177.9 KB)

2 Likes

The miracle tsunami at the end made up for the lost leading lap points I had in universe A. Overall I am beyond thrilled with how things have been going since my DnF in the 1st race. At this rate I could make a huge comeback and grab 4th, or even a podium at 3rd overall!! These last races are going to be VERY fun to watch.

i didnt watch the race yet but seems my stratergy cost me a lot position or something bad just happen. spoiler anyone?

I was 2 laps down, about to run out of fuel and had done some serious damage to the car, I’m sort of glad that the second race happened.