Charma Automobiles Engine Build Challenge!

Maybe I should start getting back into these now that people are using tests which can swing to more than one type. Could be fun.

I’m just glad you had fun with it guys :slight_smile: I enjoyed this challenge as well. It allowed me to learn alot with the displacement vs boosted engines. It seems that turbo cars tend to have a higher economy level ( makes sense as that’s what they were designed for ) while NA have alot more responsiveness. I would like to see what a well designed turbo could do one with little to no lag that comes alive very early yet still has lots to give. I know my 16G on my talon does exactly that, so it’d be nice to see if its possible in game.

I think the neext type of challenge should be an “engine make over”… like turning a mundane no fuss lump into something fit for a sportscar

I think you’ll find the relatively small turbo on my entry is about as well optimized as you can make in the game. Getting it to make full boost at 2000 rpm without suffocating the engine at 7000 rpm took a good amount of trial and error. It seems that, all else being equal, you’re never really going to get nat asp throttle response in a turbo engine.

Lol funny you should say that Manche, I was already working on a car and engine that I thought would be fun to see what you guys could do with to make a " limited edition " or something to that effect. Will release it within a few days time :slight_smile: