Chassis Types & Materials

Cant you simply release it?^^
Why can’t it be released yet?
Sorry I’m desperate to play this game!!

Maybe this isn’t released because it isn’t even in closed beta yet. :slight_smile:

You could always add open before beta.

[quote=“Squarc”]Cant you simply release it?^^
Sorry I’m desperate to play this game!![/quote]

Errr… i’t can’t be released because it’s about 30% done, broken in many different ways and quite crashy too. So no :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

[quote=“Squarc”]Cant you simply release it?^^
Sorry I’m desperate to play this game!![/quote]

Errr… i’t can’t be released because it’s about 30% done, broken in many different ways and quite crashy too. So no :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Sorry I just wanted something new, I play the game EVERY day, so i’m almost tired of it…

I’m still annoyed with that glass fibre prestige penalty… :confused:

Well, Multiplayer for the engine designer is coming soon, but the fact is development is fairly slow with a small team like us, we do our best to get new stuff out as often as possible but we’re not going to release a broken game just because people want it now.

You’d be unlikely to see fibreglass panels on a BMW or Merc, as regardless of their usefulness in certain applications, they have a reputation of being cheap. I’d say that fibreglass bodied kit cars/low volume supercars don’t quite have the prestige of aluminum bodied or carbon fibre cars, and this kind of thing matters among the super rich buyers who don’t want their friends at the polo club to think they can’t afford a carbon fibre bodied car etc.

Yes, but that’s essentially saying that glass fibre is also seen as cheeper than steel as there are no prestige penalties. It is quite a statement when by 1960 the only body panel material options are steel, hand crafted aluminium and glass fibre. It is also quite a statement when it isn’t possible to mass produce the material either…

Average people don’t know that.

Average people may not know that, but in the mid 20th century fibre glass was seen as a great material… a lot of sports cars were made from glass fibre in that era whether or not they were BMWs or Mercedes. It was only until the late 20th century where it was looked up as being ‘cheap’. That’s the point im trying to put across.

Mkay, that’s an interesting point, don’t know how we’d impliment it though, could potentially get really complex if it has a bonus in the early days and a penalty in modern times.

When would you reckon the turning point for it being considered a cheap material for dune buggys and kit cars came around?

I would have thought around the late 70s… that was after the first tests for its safety was under-way and about the 1970s it was becoming cheaper to manufacture. If I was going to put a specific date I would say 1975 and for game purposes, don’t bother with a prestige bonus even if it was seen as an advanced and futuristic material in the 50s. :slight_smile:

So smooth drop in prestige through the 70’s would be ok, I guess?

Very cool stuff man I cant wait for the car desginer,more engines and superchargers. Thats what I really want is the superchargers
how much longer is it going to be for car desginer?

We’re still aiming for Q4 this year for the Car Designer. Superchargers will be added first in the content adding phase before release (after the tycoon part demo).

Regarding the light truck chassis - is that something that will be limited to pickup trucks/suvs? Or can it be expanded to something like a 2 1/2 ton single axle truck, something along the lines of the Ford F600/International Loadstar/Gaz-53?

Probably small stuff only, as its a monocoque front with ladder rear (e.g Falcon Ute)