Cool Wall 4: "I'm Rich!" (All Scoring Areas Out!)

I’ve taken Texaslav’s suggestion and reduced the maximum engine stress by 30%. The engine stress penalty has also been adjusted accordingly.

Also @interior, you’re putting a lot of faith there in my ability to tell BMWs apart. :) (That’s a 2011-12 1M, right?)

1 Like

BMW E82 1-Series M-Coupe, Yes, you are right on that one.

1 Like

Aight, my first three for the wall:

First gen (2011-14) Chrysler 200 Convertible with the Pentastar 3.6 V6

Opel Tigra A (1994-2000)

Nissan Primera Wagon Aero Sports (1997-2000)

1 Like

My cool wall submissions:

'99 Toyota MR2
'14 Fiesta ST
'03 Audi A3 Sportback
'18 Mazda6
'08 Fiat 500 Abarth

Edit: You’re only allowed to submit cars that are available in North America, right?

2 Likes

Nah, not in this round. I recommend USDM cars, but any country will be accepted.

2 Likes

Alright then, instead of the '14 Fiesta ST, how about the '04 Mercedes A-class (W169)?

2 Likes

Actually, someone suggested that generation A-Class in a DM already. (That’s the first repeat I’ve seen!)

Realizing that repeats are a possibility, and since I won’t be adding anything until tomorrow to account for rule changes, I’ll post everything suggested in DM’s until then here:

• 1995 Lotus Elan S2
  • 2000 BMW Z3 (Convertible)
  • 2000 BMW Z3 (Coupe)
  • 2000 Range Rover Autobiography 4.6
  • 2001 Cadillac Catera Sport
  • 2004 Mercedes-Benz A200 turbo
  • 2005 SsangYong Chairman H 3.2
  • 2006 Pontiac G8 GXP
  • 2006 Pontiac Solstice
  • 2008 Mercedes-Benz CLC-Class
2 Likes

Haha, alright then, '14 ST it is!

2 Likes

My requests for the cool wall:

1998 - 2006 BMW X5 (E53)

2004 - 2009 BMW 5 Series (E60)

2002 - 2009 Mercedes E-class (W211) (Sedan)

2 Likes

W221 is S-class, you mean W211 I guess.

2002 Lexus ES300

2008 Acura TL Type S

2008 Mercedes ML-Class (W164)

2013 Volvo XC90

2 Likes

yeah I did mean the E class, got a little confused on my Mercedes designations

If the W204 is not listed, I’ll take it for the cool wall too.

2 Likes

Okay, given this I might need your help with something; I realized with my plate requirement that I forgot to specify whether front plates were required, so I tried to check Massachusetts law online, and I’m having trouble finding a concrete answer. I think a front and rear plate is required, but if you know for certain that would be nice.

1 Like

What about suzuki jimny?

2 Likes

The rules have been mostly finalized, and

SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN!

Client lore
Abbreviated client lore for people who don't care about reading lore.

Isabel’s been hinting to her her friends that she’s just about to get a car, and is now facing a lot of pressure to get it fast.

Luckily (in a way), because it’s March 2020, the pandemic lockdown has set in and given her a lot of free time to start looking.

Friday, March 13, 2020
12:41 PM
Weston High School

Towards the end of lunchtime, as people had for the most part finished eating, Isabel sat as usual with her group of friends. The topic of conversation at the moment centered around Madelyn, whose dad had been planning to get her a BMW 3-series, but had recently changed his mind in favor of an Audi.

“I’m telling you,” Rafa asserted “The only reason he doesn’t want you to have a BMW is 'cause of the “BMW driver” reputation.”

Madelyn laughed a bit “Yeah probably. I hope he changes his mind back though, Audis are boring AF by comparison.”

Caleb chimed in “Bruh, they look line angry Hondas.”

“What, no they don’t-” Tony, who drove an Audi, responded.

Caleb continued “Yeah, they all look the same, and they look like, like Hondas but meaner”

“Bro, have you ever been inside one?” started Tony, “They’re all-”

Madelyn joined “Like, they just look like a generic ‘car’ blob. Like super basic, except more expensive.”

“Do you know what model of Audi you’re gonna get?” Isabel cut in, before Tony could get too worked up.

“Oh I don’t remember,” answered Madelyn. “I think like an A3, 'cause like it’s the equivalent of the 3-series he was looking at.”

“Well no,” Isabel wondered aloud, “the equivalent of the 3-series would be the A4. 'Cause I-” Suddenly she caught herself, before she accidentally admitted to having worked on an A3 last week; working after school as a mechanic, after all, isn’t very “wealthy” sounding.

Fortunately, Tony spoke up before her pause would be noticed. “Yeah, duh, they’re different brands. They use different numbers.”

“Wait, what?” wondered Madelyn. “But I thought that’s what the numbers were for? So you could compare them.”

By this point, Isabel had come up with an alternate explanation for how she knew the A3 was shorter: “Yeah, my Dad saw some while on his business trip. The A4 and 3 series are the same sized ones, and the A3 is way smaller than either.”

“Well, yeah it’s probably an A4 then.” Madelyn understood. “why’d they have to pick such confusing names?”

“Say” Rafa turned to Isabel, “Weren’t you about to get a car soon?”

Ah, shoot. Isabel had gotten her license just last week, and had been hinting along with everyone else that her parents were going to get her a car soon. Problem is, schoolwork had been ramping up recently, and she hadn’t had any time to start researching, so she’s had to start stall as best she could. “Yeah, well my Dad’s still on his long business trip, but I’m sure as soon as he gets back we’ll-”

“Oh yeah.” perked up Caleb, “you said Monday that he’d be back tomorrow.”

Dammit. She did say that.

“Uh, yeah. And I bet then we’ll start looking-”

“Oh, hold up.” interrupted Rafa “I bet he’s already got the car picked out for ya.”

“Huh?” she responded.

“Well I mean,” chimed in Madlyn, “given how much Isabel knows about cars, he probably wants to take her with him as they look.”

“No no, see my mom already did this with my sister.” insisted Rafa. “On that trip, he’s definitely already out buying the car. And this weekend he’s gonna come home and surprise her with it.”

“Bro, that’d be so cool, could you imagine?-” Caleb explained

And the call to end lunchtime sounded through the lunchroom, prompting everyone to start getting up.

“Aight, when we come back to lunch Monday, you have to tell us what the car is.” said Rafa. “I just know that’s what there gonna do.”

“Yeah, agreed” said Tony. “I wanna know then as well.”

Before Isabel could offer some counter to Rafa’s theory, the group had dispersed, having left Isabel with an impossible task; She already had 2 projects this weekend, how was she gonna find time to research for a car, let alone buy one? She spent the rest of the school day barely paying attention in class, as her mind struggled to find some way to make it work; or some good excuse to cover up how she couldn’t.

But that struggle, as it turned out, was for naught; 2 days later, on Sunday March 15, Massachusetts Governor Charles Baker ordered all public and private schools in Massachusetts to close for three weeks. For the next few days, all of Isabel’s friends (her included) were too busy worrying about their lives being suddenly turned off, and didn’t really feel like putting any thought towards her car.

But then Isabel realized that- at least as far as her car search was concerned -this was a blessing; not only had she been given multiple weeks more time to find a car, but she no longer had very much schoolwork to get in the way. She still had to search, mind you (she was gonna act like her parents couldn’t go shopping because of the lockdown, but was thwarted by Madelyn’s dad successfully getting her new A3 delivered), but at least she now had the time she needed to figure something out.

Not that ya’ll can do anything yet b/c nothing’s on the cool wall, so I’mma start adding cars now; it’ll take a bit though, because I have 34 suggestions to set up. If anyone whose submitted would like to change your mind, now’s your chance.

7 Likes

No worries! I’m 99% sure it is, I had to get a front plate for my Giulia. I don’t think I’ve actually seen a car without front plates that is from MA, actually…

3 Likes

Two more suggestions:

2000-04 Opel Astra coupé Bertone

1990-96 Nissan 100NX

2 Likes

'69 Chrysler 300

'68 Fastback 302 'Stang
2006 Lincoln Mark LT

2 Likes

D_NQ_NP_642567-MLA49772282962_042022-W
2010 Honda Fit

2 Likes