CSR 124 - Quibbles and Facets - Finals

I think my design will be quite mundane with some quirks… but the engineering will be the true qUiRKs anD FeAtUReS area.

epic hopefully i dont get instabinned like every csr

You dont have many rules this time :wink:

There are no limits on PU/ET for either the trim or engine - and this round’s rule set is liberal enough that I don’t think they’ll be necessary. I’m also assuming that limited production parts such as full aluminum or fiberglass panels will be allowed as long as the car meets requirements.

Anyway, I have quite a few cars that qualify for the requirements for this round, with or without reworking for eligibility’s sake. As for the budget cap:

I consider this to be a loose recommendation - Chaz may buy a car that actually cost more than this when new, but not if it exceeds the price cap too much, and even then, only if it turns out to be really good.

And it goes almost without saying that we use the latest LCV 4.0 (UE4.24) build for this round.

1 Like

The AB Monozukuri Ventria GEN-2000 (Ignore my last attempt at this post…)

Yes I messed it up, don’t hate me

If you want some cool factor… then you’ve come to the right place. (If you like slightly mis-placed, AWD, JDM wagon things… with flat 4 engines and turbos… )

A Small Bit of Lore on AB Monozukuri and The Car

AB Monozukuri is a Japanese company, set up after the 2nd world war. They focused mainly on cheap, affordable, rugged people’s cars. This was until the 1970s, when they began to experiment with Turbochargers and Fuel Injection. This stuck with the company to the present day and it shows in the GEN-2000, a Flat 4, Turbocharged, 250hp, AWD nutter. Think of it this way, it’s a Subaru Forrester XT Sport, before it was thing. The GEN-2000 was a limited run, facelift model of the Ventria, which would carry over the new grille design and new rear bumper in 2001. It acted as a trial to see how the new design would look.

Some More Shots

5 Likes

Well, looks like I’m going to jump out the gates early since I already have the perfect candidate. Remember this?

That’s right, it’s a 1992 Matteo Miglia Legatus Gen.II Vivace.

An actual legend of genuine collector’s automotive status, one showroom-condition example sold at the 2019 Car Collector’s Auction for a cool 755k.

But if you know where to look, you might be able to get one for much less…

…full presentation (with the refreshed car, since this was made before the update and several things broke) will follow later.

22 Likes

1985 Gatto Motors Felis Gr.B Stradale by GattoWorks

This state-of-the-art machine keeps the same mid-engine AWD configuration as the WRC one, with a detuned version of the same 1784cc inline-5 that powers the rally car
The asymmetrical air duct on the side, the minimalistic but refined interior and the vigorous yet controllable kick of the turbocharger make this car one of the best road-going group B cars ever made and one of the best sports cars from the 80’s

CSR_124-ZoomZoomer32_-_Gatto_Motors_Felis__Q5__Gr_B_Stradale_by_GattoWorks.car (34.0 KB)

1 Like

That’s right…it’s time to sit in a corner and weep as I gently rock back and forth…

2 Likes

1996 Taimania Keijidosha TurboX Special Edition

A rare special edition Keijidosha (i’ve made 3 versions of the keijidosha in the past week help me)

12 Likes

Zephorus Breeze R
Is it quirky? Not really.
Is it cool?
H e l l. Y e s.

2.5L V6 tuned to nearly 200hp, mid engined RWD 1006kgs cool vibrations type beat. Oh, and it’s a convertible

More standard Images

33 Likes

I’m prepared to be shot down here, but if the car is older than 25 years and imported as a rare or unusual vehicle could it not get around the need for a catalytic converter?

Hold on a few, making some tweaks :wink:

2 Likes

I love how people are posting cars even before questions are being asked, before the ruleset is finalized and before subs are open yet 🥰

16 Likes

Submissions are now open!

Entry Deadline: July 1st at 10:00 PM EST

12 Likes

1994 Millbrook Pescalo Ultima

It is an average family car.

With cupholder for your Surge.

Virtually no styling at all.

Remember the 90’s? I remember the 90’s.

Is that an active rear wing?

Millbrook Pescalo Ultima is something of a 90’s icon. The Pescalo really is just an average family car available in many body styles such as sedan, hatchback and wagon.

The Ultima trim however is fitted with racing development all aluminum 3-litre V6 featuring Double Overhead Camshaft and all the valves in the world. 5 per cylinder, 30 in total. It produces 270 horsepower and coupled with 5-speed manual gearbox.

I guess this is called a sleeper car.

Available in many colours, but this one is teal.

20 Likes

1995 Franklin Marshall Cerberus 1500 TS

Engine - Mid longitudinal
Turbocharged V6 - 1.5L DOHC - All aluminium construction
167bhp @ 7100rpm - 208Nm @ 4600rpm

Transmission
5 speed manual AWD

Body
Partial aluminium panels on a galvanised chassis

0-60 - 6.66 seconds
Max speed - 146mph
34mpg avg
Serviciing costs…please don’t look!

Looks…

Price when new - $29000

4 Likes

1.5L V6? I know the aim was something quirky… but that’s a bit too quirky!

6 Likes

1988 IP Boulevard Star AWD

When the IP Boulevard Star was introduced in 1983, it was a quite interesting concept. The boxy little MPV rode on a wheelbase of only 250 cm and it was only a little over 430 cm long. Yet, the upright shape made it surprisingly roomy for its size, the very flexible interior where seats cold be folded and removed in many different combinations was practical, and the rear sliding door combined with the lack of a B-pillar made the side opening enormous with the doors wide open. A while later an AWD version joined the lineup. With open differentials and an AWD system biased very much towards the front, this really wasn’t a vehicle to go off roading in, rather one built for safe trips even on bad roads.

And one like this is what you’re looking at here. MY 1988, one of the last Mk1 Boulevard stars produced. Actually, the last one sold to a private customer in the US. There was numerous special editions of the Boulevard star, but at the end of the model run, IP of America imported a special batch of 50 2wd and 50 AWD models. All of them wore a numbered plaque on the dashboard, and this is AWD #49 out of 50, with #50 kept by IP of America themselves. The AWD model of the final edition featured goodies like 2-tone metallic paint, whitespoke wheels, power steering, ABS, premium sound, electric mirrors, electric windows, a plush velour upholstery, an interior with four swiveling captains chairs, air conditioning with a small fridge between the rear seats, tinted glass, rear mounted spare tyre and a raised roof, all of them normally very costly options.

It was babied by its first owner the first 25 years of its life, only used for fishing trips a couple of times every year in the summer. Second owner had it until recently, a collector of anything strange 80s and 90s automobile related. I got this one as part of the trade for a Silver-York Accolade Zacspeed convertible, but since I have no use for it, I want it to come to a good home rather than just rotting in my backyard, too nice and rare example for that. Most Mk1 Boulevard Stars are gone now, being too utilitarian for their own best, they often had to suffer a hard life.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I came last, the last time I did a challenge like this… but I’m here, so here is my entry.

In a world where appealing to the widest demographic is slowly consuming originality, it is refreshing to see a truly strange thing amongst the beige. However, the Antares proves that “strange” isn’t strong enough of a word to describe things that have… an unhealthy reliance on gimmicks to mask its shortcomings.

… is a turn of phrase one would reasonably be expected to retort with when being asked why they are attempting to cook rice in a kettle, in a poor attempt to mask your stupidity with curiosity. Overuse of said phrase means it starts to lose its bite; likely after maybe two quips in the space of an hour. To keep it brief (and on topic), an overview of the Antares gives you plenty of time to make “Why not?” lose its meaning.

The pop-up headlights can be locked up or down individually with a key, and in any orientation. “Why not?”

The car can be unlocked from either side with the same key. “Why not?”

You can open the engine bay by either opening it with a key or by entering “O P E N” in Morse, with dots being played on the left rear faux-vent and dashes on the right- Actually, that’s pretty friggin’ cool.

I (David) bought this car as new in 1998. To describe my purchase of this… thing, the two words “nouveau riche” should explain everything to you clearly. Although my sudden acquisition of wealth did mean that I had a fairly sizable pool of vehicles to choose from, I must admit that buying this car… in 1998… for $34,800… Let’s just say that it was quite a bit to pay for a car that doesn’t really do any one thing perfectly. It’s not particularly pretty, practical or peppy, but strangely it stands out (to me at least) amongst theoretically “flashier” modes of transport. Perhaps being drunk with new money (and being drunk in general) is what the people I bought it from expect buyers to be like.

Name a price, and odds are on that you’ll drive away in this thing. I have no idea why yo- I mean I would buy something like this, but owning this Antares kind of felt like I wasn’t the same species as my fellow road-dwellers.

2 Likes

yo, what happened to the tailights why is it empty?

3 Likes