CSR 163 - Spontaneous Tomfoolery, Begin! [SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED]

Never. Simple as that.

4 Likes

I have one more question.

Why do they call it Deals when you of in the Better Deals of out hot eat the Deals

2 Likes

I’m thinking of submitting a tuned, coachbuilt version of one of these
 Or an updated version of this one. However, I know that if all else fails, I could submit something else in place of either of those.

I can see this being a confusion point for a lot. despite me explaining it

So if you look into the spreadsheet, you will see after putting down your reliability and env. res. numbers, the calculator spits out a score on the right hand side, left to the gearbox selector.

THIS is your reliability and env. res. score that I will be using.

Of course the table I included there doesn’t 100% represent all sorts of cars and situations since everything is different, so how the lore for them reads on your end and how I represent it in the reviews on my end is something we both have to figure out on the go.

Thanks for reading!!!

9 Likes

For road legality, are closed pop-up/hidden headlights fine?

I’m assuming they are always legal, even when retracted.

Never been an issue, so that’s fine.

I went to the trouble of copying the main sheet, with each one showing the stats for a different potential entry - a worthwhile step for anyone unsure as to exactly what they want to enter here, if they have at least two options available.

Did I miss a techpool limit?

2 Likes

monter tuck?

What is your view on interior judging here? I can see not caring about them in a normal CSR, but sometimes the interior is a big part of the car’s quirkiness. Look at any pre 90s CitroĂ«n just to have a still rather common and relateable example.

I’m not sure if Jazz wants an actual monster truck - there’s already another challenge for that here.

They wouldn’t be required, although a particularly quirky 3D-fixture interior would grant a small bonus if fitted.

Hello, I’ve been away for a bit, had to deal with some IRL shenanigans. I will quickly answer some questions now, and then I’ve something to post and once that’s done, I will officially open up the round for a month!

If it looks road legal, I’ll accept it. I will however require you to set the suspension height as high as you possibly can or until the game bugs out before you resort to Advanced Trim Settings.

Interiors will be included in the judgement if it’s a part of the design. A car where most of the quirk comes from engineering and exterior design side, it’s pretty much a bonus if you add them and won’t really be judged. If what you’re doing is partially or fully dependent on the interior, then yes it will be weighed during the overall design judgement. Whether or not you need the interior is your own call. Ofc, anyone is free to consult with me beforehand.

Technically, correct. A full blown monster truck by itself and no changes made to it is a shit car to own for any of the usecases. But if it had say
 adjustable suspensions or a way to use its height as an advantage
 you get the idea.

1 Like

Final Notes, Opening the Round and Sample Submission Style

Some last words before I open up the round

If you’re thinking HEY deliberations ended like 2 days ago, then you’d be correct. However I’ve been a bit busy with some IRL stuff. Google Bangladesh Government if you’re curious. Returning to the country for a bit was absolutely worth it to be a part of this.

Want to thank everyone who helped me find out the issues with the calculator and asked many questions about what and how to submit cars in order to make the challenge more accessible and interesting for everyone.

I had not a lot of expectations for this one and was on the fence about hitting the post button, but it has been rather great and I am grateful for that.

AH!

Nearly all of you have YET to notice something that I have not talked about in this round, that’s usually mandated in other CSR’s or just most other rounds in general. TLDR, I’m allowing the use of different alternatives in this case, and unless it makes zero sense for your particular car, you won’t get dinged.

Obviously I won’t reveal it, and I suggest others to not reveal it as well once you realize what it is, so it stays interesting.

Submissions Are Opening!!!

Here we go, from this point on, CSR 163 Submissions are open.

One small change I’m allowing myself before I do so, you’ll be allowed A SINGLE RESUBMISSION before deadline finishes. 3 Resubs was way too generous and ambitious.

Submission Deadline: September 6, 2024. 12 AM (UTC+10)

Naming Convention: CSR 163 - [forum username] as the Engine Family and Car Model name.

Engine Variant and Car Trim are free.

Extensions: In case of entry droughts or delays caused by late deliberation or update patches, there will be extensions provided as necessary.

LINK TO THE USED CAR PRICE CALCULATOR

Sample Submission

IMPORTANT: This is roughly the bare minimum I expect from people both in terms of the build and the ad. Like I cooked both the writeup and the car itself up in 30 mins. Surely this much effort is warranted at least. And no you don't have to have a huge word count. Just explain the gimmick to me dammit

Selling a 1994 Tegaru Ninja Nomad

Selling my beloved 1994 Tegaru Ninja Nomad. A truly unique super-compact camper van with minimal footprint, packed with practical features for your off-grid adventures.

Under the hood lies a fuel-efficient 1.3L three-cylinder engine mated to a 5 speed manual transmission, delivering an impressive 5.9 liters per 100 kilometers fuel economy - perfect for those extended journeys into the wilderness where gas stations are few and far between.

With a pop-top roof that’s not just stylish but also insulated, you can stargaze in comfort as you unwind after a day of exploration. Two convenient rear doors provide easy access to the cabin for those late-night campfire sessions or impromptu adventures.

This particular example is also equipped with the rare Manual Locking Diff option so you won’t have a hard time with mud provided you don’t drown in it since it’s so small.

Great for parking around in tight spaces. Used it as a daily, parts don’t break easily and they’re really cheap to fix or replace. Great for highways as well since it gets up to speed in 10 seconds. Fits me in the back, albeit it’s not ideal but I’m a small person and I can make it work just fine.

Used to cost not so much when new, but now it holds a bit of a reputation in the JDM community for being such an oddity. Only asking $3200 for this one, light wiggle room for negotiations.

Send me a text if you’re interested, will not respond to messages asking if it’s available. Cheers!

And that is all. If I’ve missed anything at all, give me a shout pls thanks bye.

21 Likes

Would you accept fake convertibles if the particular body has no convertible option and someone decided to cut the roof off?

It could be accepted, with the ad stating that it was an aftermarket conversion and not an official one.

I wish this question was asked earlier. Give me a day or two to figure out how to balance this in the calculator. Assume I will allow it however.

Just to be on the same page, do you mean permanently chopping off the roof and adding a DIY T/Targa top thing or a proper convertible conversion where you have a mechanically controlled roof?

This question made me think of another question.

How would it be felt if I were for example use a convertible body, choose the “manual softtop” selection in game and then just have the car as an open roadster with no actual roof at all

1 Like

If you’re gonna do an open roof roadster with nothing up top like a Merc Stirling Moss or Lambo Aventador J, you’re not even required to go for the convertible option/bodies, period. Not in my books. Why bring yourself extra stats torture lmao

1 Like