CSR 88 - ''Back to The Future'' (FINAL RESULTS PUBLISHED!)

14 Likes

Keep Moving Forward

In this day and age, the technological revolution is marching onward at a breakneck pace. We at Zacspeed would not want you to miss out on such features as a heads-up display, voice and gesture controls, and an RFID key, but why stop there? Zacspeed never settles for mediocrity, and thus the idea came to implement artificial intelligence, and its name is STAR. When you'd rather sit back, relax, and chat with five other friends in the cabin, STAR will take control of the vehicle so you can focus on more important matters. In addition, to make your presence known to all on the road, a distinctive running-light system was integrated into the bodywork, including the definitive Zacspeed "Z" on the roof. That's not to detract from the retracting rear-view cameras, retracting door handles, eight side-mounted exhaust pipes, large intercooler integrated with the front bumper, "split" rear window, and stunning livery.

With that, the practical consideration of going that extra mile was also considered. The 4.0L twin-turbocharged engine mounted up front pushes out 704 horsepower and 486 lb-ft of torque, and when you’re in the mood to control its six-speed dual-clutch transmission, it will accelerate to 62 MPH from a standstill in 3.7 seconds while rocketing along the skyway at a top speed of 186.4 MPH. In the name of lightness, carbon fiber was used for the chassis, body, and brakes, and magnesium was used in the engine block and wheels. STAR can also provide assistance with your driving, notably providing a racing line for whichever road you may find yourself on, actively adapting the vehicle’s traction control and ABS systems to your driving style, and providing input on how to improve your lap times. In a optional future software update, which will come over-the-air, STAR may even be able to deactivate the electronic limiter if you so wish to zoom past your contemporaries even more rapidly.

Going the extra mile is what we do best, be it in technological innovation or the distance of the car behind you.

The new Zacspeed Interstellar Runner. Ready for launch.

Prices start at 69,980 credits.
18 Likes

an advertisement pops up, projecting a 3D animation of a car

TAORE ARUMINÆ5000
COMFORT - PRESENCE - RELIABILITY - SPEED
When you desire these traits and more in a vehicle, then the TAORE ARUMINÆ5000 is the right choice for you!

Exterior
  • The light strip that surrounds the ARUMINÆ5000 is multi function. By default, the entirety is used as additional signal lighting on top of the main tail light arrangement. However, it can be used as full feature RGB accent lighting, you could display a rainbow on it!
  • Twin cameras on top of the roof for 3D rear vision. Chuckle as you wave goodbye to the cars you’re overtaking when turning on TURBODRIVE!
  • Pop-up fog radars allow the autopilot to navigate you even through harsher conditions where visibility is reduced. (Don’t trust the rumors of them being able to be hacked into MASER weapons.)
  • Hydrophobic windscreen in combination with high speed travel allows aesthetic forward vision to enjoy on your trips through the rainy weather.
  • Aerodynamic details like the lack of side mirrors, the side ducts and the wheel well covers allow for a higher top speed and reduction in wind noise. Powered wing doors even made door handles unnecessary.
Interior
  • The ARUMINÆ5000 is equipped with durable, well cushioned, temperature-controlled synthleather couches.
  • The front row features servos to move it sideways and partially out any side’s wing door, allowing easier entry and exit for both rear and front passengers.
  • Improved interior space due to compact placement of drivetrain components.
  • Comes equipped with a modern optical computer and holographic prism screens, including program routines compatible to your AIAssistant
  • High connectivity to media, including but not limited to Holodisks and FlashMatrix drives and Blueband wireless.
  • Optional steering wheel and pedals (Can’t be engaged while the autopilot is active, but can be used in conjunction to video games).
Technical
  • Body: Carbon fiber chassis, aluminium panels.
  • Drivetrain setup: 7 speed dual electromagnetic clutch, transverse engine, front wheel drive with electric controlled differential.
  • Engine: Forward-slanted 5L V12, undersquare, 5 valves per cylinder, hot-inside design.
  • Aspiration: Single electric supercharger, electrically coupled to dual variable geometry twin-scroll turbo-regenerators. Up to 0.91 bar of boost.
  • Stats: 450kw @7900RPM, 733Nm. 1850kg. 0-62mph in 4.8 seconds. 211 mph VMax.
TURBODRIVE
  • The TAORE ARUMINÆ5000 is equipped with the TURBODRIVE driving mode only toggleable by the owner of the car, which manifests in a more aggressive autopilot in tandem with a reconfiguration of engine parameters to produce more power. This mode shouldn’t be used all the time, as engine cooling is optimized for the lower power output of any normal mode, on top of the heightened fuel consumption and possible discomfort from the more brisk pace.
  • Stats: 515kw @7500RPM, 902Nm. Up to 1.21 bar of boost.
    Top Speed:
    222mph

We found “Aether Noir” to be your most likely preferred color, but of course your selection can be customized to any color you desire, just like the colors of the day:

some songs are picked for these colors
VAPOR PARADISE - MOLDOVA VICE - SODIUM SUNSET - AETHER NOIR

Order Price: 69600 Credits

*this ad is displayed since your AIA detected your intentions of purchasing a personal skyway car

27 Likes

hey, a question, how did you made that rear wheel cover? I tried but the piaces wont get in front of it

Aaaaand with that, submissions are officially closed!

I’d like to personally thank everyone who took their time to submit an entry for this round and wish you all good luck in the review stage!

Safe to say a few entries went well above and beyond all our expectations. It will be a very tough round but we will do our best! I hope you’ve all had fun so far.

We are expecting to roll out reviews Sunday evening, uk time.

4 Likes

I can make a quick reply on that^^ But yes, It was actually a wing that can be attached at one point but stretches downward and beyond. I placed it a bit higher up on the rear fender, so I could stretch it down over the wheel wells. It took quite a lot of fiddling to get right, I used mud flaps to cover the “spoiler inlet” and then a lip has been used to smoothen out the trailing edge.
That was next to the light arrangement the single most time consuming task XD

7 Likes

2048 - Ponni SWV (Skyway Vehicle)

Ponni SWV shown in Total Black and white accents.

9 Likes

*Disclaimer, NiuYorqCiti subbed a little earlier before the time was up. This is just to fulfill the ad requirement!

In total, we received 31 submissions for this round.

5 Likes

i can still post ads?

All you’d really have to do is make your original post an ad to technically comply with requirements. You already posted a picture of your vehicle, I believe Marcus counted that as an ad though technically it wasn’t.

But yes, you can.

Updated my ad post

4 Likes

THATAD

Don’t mind me, I’m just trying out how well one can read my idea of an 8 seg display

Added more to the Ad :slight_smile:

And so I guess it would be about time to post the 1st round of the CSR!

Before we start, I just wanted to say that running a CSR is definitely not an easy task. I should be in bed right now, all cosy to get ready for another week of long days and early starts but instead I am here, after 2 solid days of writing and working out spreadsheets, barely starting to write the first round up. We have completed our back-end stuff, at long last, and progress can now be made.

I know we’ve had a very shaky start but we have tried to work with the community on this one. I hope it’s paid off and that everyone has enjoyed participating in the end. Some of the cars blew us away, whether in design or technical terms. We love the creativity and the amount of effort you guys have put into each and every one of your subs, and would like to thank everyone for participating!

I will try to do this over the next couple of days. My feeling is that there won’t be enough time to complete the entire process in one go so it will be split into a few rounds. I hope to publish finals tomorrow evening. As for today, it’s time to begin…

…Part 1 of the 1st round! (I am forced to split the first round into 2 parts due to time constraints. I hope you guys can bear with us 1 more day!)

The alarm bell rang - it was 6:30 am. Lights started coming on, coffee already brewing. Weather report warns of light showers and moderate temperatures throughout the day.
‘‘Just Five more minutes…’’
‘‘You know very well you need to get up right now. Your boss won’t appreciate you being late’’ AL, the house AI, replied. Suddenly Fi-Vee’s favorite playlist started blasting through the speakers around the house.
‘’…goddamnit…would you please turn that down JUST a little?’’
'I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I must insist’’
‘‘Okay, okay… I’m getting up now. But please… be a little bit more gentle next time AL…’’
‘‘Duly noted. Your vintage mochaccino is almost ready.’’
‘‘Thanks.’’
Fi-Vee took a quick shower and started getting ready.
‘‘The casual?’’
‘‘Yeah, I reckon I can get away with it.’’ said Fi-Vee, putting on a cyberpunk LED jacket. ‘‘They don’t care what we look like as long as the job gets done - and that’s fine by me! I can finally dress like a human again.’’
‘‘Very well. By the way, I will be updating you with suitable car adverts throughout the day. My algorithms are compiling them as we speak. Synchronizing…’’
‘‘That was quick. Good looking out AL, cheers.’’
‘‘My pleasure. Now I must remind you to hurry, your boss sent an urgent call-out - there has been another incident in Downtown Yotayama’’
‘‘Ah crap, I’ll be right there!’’
'‘Your Uber is arriving now’
‘‘Thanks!’’ Fi-Vee shouts, running out the door.
________________________________________________________________________________________ ‘‘You are 40 minutes from your destination. Light traffic ahead.’’
‘‘40 minutes? What are they dragging me halfway across town for…’’ Fi-Vee said.
‘‘Since you have some time, why not take a look over a few of these ads I have ready for you?’’
‘‘You know what, now would be a perfect time. Give them to me! But let’s be quick about it.’’
''Very well, here’s the first one. It’s from TeskaMotive.’’

@fromaj

TeskaMotive - NovaLiner - G16 PVAN

‘‘Wow, what a way to kick things off! It’s radical!’’
‘‘Yes… it’s certainly unique. It would stand out from the crowd.’’
‘‘Deffo. It may be almost too much. … Hmm… Those flames are very retro. Old school wipers and mirrors! That’s a pretty rare sight.’’
‘‘For good reason.’’
‘‘You’re right, AL. It may be a little too old school. It’s very busy too - a lot going on. Some interesting details, sure, and the rear end is very cool. But the round accents clash with all the straight lines. Honestly not sure if I’d want to be seen with flames on the side of my car in public.’’
‘‘I know you prefer things a little more unconvetional and unique.’’
‘‘There is a limit though. How about performance?’’
‘‘The NovaLiner accelerates to 100kph in 5.7s. It will go on to a top speed of 270kph. Economy is at the far end of your criteria however, coming in at 9.7l. Brakes seem to underperform however.’’
‘‘It’s just a little too crazy and all over the place for me. What else do you have?’’
‘‘Here it is.’’

@TheAlmightyTwingo

Meijer Hassler Turbomatic-3500EX

‘‘Is it done loading yet?’’
‘‘Yes. This is it.’’
‘‘Oh. Okay. I love that ad though.’’
‘‘Shall I read you some specs?’’
‘‘Proceed.’’
‘‘The Meijer Hassler Turbomatic-3500EX comes equipped with a very unique AI voicepack - ‘‘The Hasseler’’ is a synthesised version of the TV megastar, David Hasselhoff! I know you are a huge fan of his work.’’
‘‘THE Hoff?! No way! That’s rad!’’
‘’…100kph is reached within 5.3 seconds and maximum cruising speed is 300kph.’’
‘‘That’s very reasonable for a large vehicle like this. What else?’’
‘‘I’m afraid economy is slightly worse than the NovaLiner at 10l per 100km. There are potential braking issues to consider too.’’
‘‘Hmm, It’s not terribly promising, AL. It’s so cool they sampled The Hoff and all, but it kind of looks like a common cab. I wouldn’t really stand out in this. It’s going too far in the other direction now…’’
‘‘Is that a no then?’’
‘‘sigh Unfortunately… Man, I got really hyped there for a moment’’
‘‘It’s important to remain level headed when making serious financial decisions.’’
‘‘You’re right again… what’s next?’’

@Fayeding_Spray

Emican & Joyce Spectre 300

‘‘Now THIS is more like it! I am really digging the clean and refined look.’’
‘‘It’s quite elegant and understated, yet the design evokes the feeling of luxury and exclusivity.’’
‘‘That it does. The ad was right - I do love it!’’
‘‘The brochure mentions an acceleration of 4.5s and top speed of 263kph. May not be the fastest, but that is certainly a respectable number. The advertised trim also contains a luxurious cabin.’’
‘‘That’s not bad at all. And it looks to be more economical than the other 2 so far. We will need a closer look, AL!’’
‘‘I shall save this in my databank for now.’’

@goblin95

Ausud RE600

‘’_Here’s an Ausud RE600. It’s quite striking, as I’m sure you’ll agree.’’
‘‘Wow. That is quite something! It stands out for sure. It may be a little too crazy for me though…’’
‘‘The most interesting features of this vehicle is it’s ability to switch modes. If you prefer not to announce your presence quite so dramatically, you can switch the programmable accent lighting off entirely.’’
‘‘That’s actually a good idea. I could have the best of both worlds! With all those LEDs, possibilities are endless.’’
‘‘It’s certainly a good performer too. 100kph is achieved within 3.8s and with a top speed of 300kph, it will be a quick commuter. All this with an impressive economy figure of 8.0l per 100km.’’
‘‘I want to get my hands on it! Make it so!’’
‘‘Very well.’’

@Conan

Black 'n Dokker Dustbuster

‘‘This next one is quite unorthodox.’’
‘‘Oh haha! What IS that! AL, please forward this to our sanitation department.’’
‘‘I had a feeling this would be your reaction, however you may wish to consider it further.’’
‘‘Okay, okay… if you insist. Huh, 9 seats? That’s actually pretty interesting. I’d be able to fit the whole gang together - just imagine the road trips! Could be radical.’’
‘‘It’s a reasonable performer too, with a top speed of 303kph and acceleration of 5.9s. Economy is not too bad either at 8.9l.’’
‘‘You know what, I’ll bite. It sounds reasonable enough. I’m really not sure what’s going on with that design but I will check it out anyway. Got nothing to lose. It stands out… quite a bit.’’
‘‘I’m sure you will appreciate it more once you get a closer look.’’

@PengiWanKenobi

Mantis MV8 XL

‘‘This next one is a little different.’’
‘‘Hmm, I like the front but what is going on with that rear end? I’m not sure if it really works with the overall styling. It just feels a little low-budget.’’
‘‘It’s certainly quick off the line - achieving 100kph in 4.5s and a top speed of 280kph. Economy is a little on the high side at 9.3l however.’’
‘‘How come such a small car gets worse economy than a van?’’
‘‘My algorithm is highlighting issues with braking performance.’’
‘‘I think this one is out. Next’’

@Xepy

Ars Phenex KX4800I

‘‘I think you will like this one.’’
‘‘This is bang on! Exactly the kind of car I am after! Sleek, stylish, clean. Some very interesting features I could have a lot of ‘‘fun’’ with too.’’
‘‘Anything to keep you entertained. It’s very elegant and a respectable performer too - achieving top speed of 260kph, acceleration of 5.5s and economy of 8.4l. It appears to be quite focused on safety.’’
‘‘That’s great! You know this recent wave of glitches is starting to give me chills… it’s always good to have a decent safety net.’’
‘‘Shall I save this one?’’
‘‘Definitely. I am very curious about it!’’

@Jaimz

Karthoolu KhA05

‘‘AL…’’
‘‘Yes, Fi-Vee?’’
‘‘Could you please explain this one for me in greater detail? What happened here?’’
‘‘I can only speculate, however it would appear a mistake has been made.’’
‘‘Well, you’re not wrong there. It’s all over the place - the colors clash pretty hard, that wing seems way over the top, orange accents seem poorly executed and just what is going on with those headlights?! I don’t think this is what I am looking for really.’’
‘‘Moving on.’’

@ZSCHMEEZ

Albatross 501

‘‘This one seems more appropriate.’’
‘‘I’m not entirely sold on the aesthetic. It seems like someone took a classic wagon and put LEDs everywhere. The rear end is pretty simple. It feels more like something my father would be driven in. It doesn’t feel very exciting, lacks flair and identity.’’
‘‘It’s got decent performance, however there may be slight braking concerns.’’
‘‘I’m just not sold on the overall design, It’s a pass unfortunately.’’
‘‘If you say so.’’

@Mikonp7

DeerAndHunt Tines Saloon

‘‘Here is something that you will like.’’
‘‘Wow, it’s so cute! I love the clean and elegant lines. And that front panel is very original. It’s almost as if that car is smiling at me.’’
‘‘I’m sure it is. It has great acceleration too and top speed too, though fuel economy suffers a little bit.’’
‘‘I’m sorry, were you saying something? I was just admiring the looks of this car.’’
‘‘I’ll just save it for later then.’’

@yangx2

HONGHU INC. E I G H T

‘‘Another quite elegant suggestion.’’
‘‘Oh wow, this one has some real presence. It’s nicely understated yet very unique. I love it.’’
‘‘It’s certainly a design that stands out from the crowd. It’s fast too. Very fast - top speed of 331kph and 4.0s to 100kph. All this and it still returns a respectable fuel consumption of 8.1l per 100km.’’
‘‘I cannot pass this one up.’’
‘’_Saving.’’

@saddiseased

Ceephax Squarepusher

‘‘Here is a car from Ceephax.’’
‘‘This is incredible. I love the classic lines, it looks incredibly well executed. Stunning. It flows so well.’’
‘‘It’s marginally slower to 100kph than the previous car and as a lower top speed but by no means a slouch.’’
‘‘Even if it was, I would still want a closer look. It’s very well balanced and just the kind of style I am after.’’
‘’_Very well, I will add this to my database.’’

@HighOctaneLove

Bogliq G-Man

‘‘And now for something very different.’’
‘‘You got that right. What is it?’’
‘‘It’s the Bogliq G-Man. Their new luxury SUV.’’
‘‘Hmm, well the looks are kinda growing on me. I am not sure what is going on with that rear end and the side accents seem a little forced but it’s got style. Interesting stance.’’
‘‘For such a large vehicle, it’s got decent performance. Top speed of 265kph and accelerates to 100kph in 5.1s. Economy is appropriate for… a vehicle of it’s aerodynamic properties shall we say but it’s to be expected.’’
‘‘I am curious. Let’s have a look at it later.’’

@findred19

Muskrat HiLux 400

‘‘This next one doesn’t really suit me. I’m not quite sure what’s going on. It has a nice LED accent across the side but that front end is not working for me.’’
‘‘How about the rear?’’
‘‘Not too sold on it either. It has some interesting ideas but the overall execution isn’t to my taste.’’
‘‘Will that be a no then?’’
‘‘Sorry!’’

@MasterDoggo

Blaster Destructor

‘‘This is the last one I have compiled for now.’’
‘‘My god! This is exactly what I was looking for! Where in the hell did you find this?!’’
‘‘I have my secrets.’’
‘‘It’s stunningly well crafted and amazingly well detailed. I absolutely love the honeycomb, it gives the car a real retrowave vibe. And that color… mmm.’’
‘‘It’s quite the looker, isn’t it?’’
‘‘You bet.’’
‘‘I will save it for you. It would appear you will be arriving shortly at your destination. Shall we continue this afterwards?’’
‘‘Probably for the best. What a way to end on a high note! I can’t wait to see more of that car.’’

And this would be it for Part 1 of the 1st round. I will post the rest of this round tomorrow evening as I have sadly ran out of time. I have to wake up for work in 4 hours…

22 Likes

Holy digital… I can hear Pertubator while I’m looking at this… very cool design!

3 Likes

its fucking cool.
I got a question. @MasterDoggo how much time you used to make only the front.

1 Like

My entire life and dedication!
Seriously I don’t know, I tried things, it did not work, I deleted, I tried something else, it’s a circle until I find something I like.
I would say something like ~10hours for this design.

Initially, as a big fan of Darksynth and Synthwave, I wanted to do my own music to present the car, the problem is I took this sound too seriously and it’s not finished yet haha (like all of my sounds lmao I succ).

11 Likes

Oh well, I had a feeling that would trip me up. The car was pretty low budget to start with ($36k), no doubt due in part to my inexperience making fancy borgeois vehicles for the rich.

1 Like
6 Likes

i think we can wait for the music hohoho

I notice that the wheel arches are glitched. Weird.