CSR149: Take Me Away (Complete)

Judging Round 1: Bins :wastebasket:

@Ch_Flash - Veloce Canneloni GTA 1973

Reasons for bin: Uses 91 octane fuel when the rules stated the available fuels were Unleaded 95/98 or leaded 92/98.

@Petakabras - SAETA Montaraz S 1977

Reasons for bin: Uses 91 octane fuel when the rules stated the available fuels were Unleaded 95/98 or leaded 92/98.

@captin_stiffie - Snakebite 2000

Reasons for bin: Over the sound limit + no muffler usage + race exhaust headers + piston and conrods are causing damage beyond rpm limit & really questionable engineering, lots of min-maxing with ups and downs all over the place

@Caligari - Osprey GTS 4.0 1993

Reasons for bin: No rear foglight + ludicrous stagger of 155 F to 225 R, single point injection in 1994 on such a high priced car seems wrong. Standard springs with adaptive damping seems really questionable

@Hilbert - Asagao Skube 1992

Reasons for bin: Literally the brief went over this designs roof and would have gotten nowhere, anyway you sent me in DM signifying it’s a 3 door hatchback so that’s a straight bin since rules said Chad wanted a 2dr coupe specifically. (It wouldn’t have gone anywhere anyway, what would Chad want a family hatchback for)

@Speeeed_D3m0n - Ebasu Aurum Sky 1992

Reasons for bin: Conflicting username used on file entry to discource username

@HelloHi - Flaner Aurore 1992

Reasons for bin:

That’s all for now, leaving the other 31 submissions that made it through.

That is a lot of submissions to go through, I’d prefer not to rush the review process, though I will stick with the plan in mind of per-decade review after bins, then move the favourites on and give them a bit more judging with Chad in mind, before finally the last round with the results.

Meaning those through to the next round are:

1970s:

@GassTiresandOil
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@AndiD
@lotto77
@Ludvig

1980s:

@inf2
@Xepy
@Maverick74
@karhgath
@oppositelock
@ChemaTheMexican
@BannedByAndroid
@desperatedonut5
@DuceTheTruth100
@HybridTronny

1990s:

@Knugcab
@Falling_Comet
@ldub0775
@abg7
@Lanson
@Texaslav
@Executive
@Portalkat42
@nightwave
@Riley
@Tsundere-kun
@EnCR
@LS_Swapped_Rx-7
@mart1n2005
@donutsnail

2000s: (I will just put Est_Nbmstr into the 1990s section to avoid an entire 2000s lot with just them, lol)

@Est_Nbmstr

20 Likes

Fair play. I’ll figure out how to make a proper sports car out of that monstrosity some day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck to all those who made it through!

1 Like

Ooops… my mistake I forgot to change the fuel. :blush:. Good luck to everyone still in the challange :smiley:

1 Like

I clearly did made several mistakes which rightfully binned me. Good luck to those still in the running! I am curious about the min/max tho as i thought my use of quality sliders was reasonable?

2 Likes

minmax isnt necessarily restricted to quality sliders, and choosing unrealistic options can count as well

Just a note about cars in general, adaptive shocks with standard springs is a “normal” thing. My 91 Mkiii Supra had them (T.E.M.S.) I think they were dubbed, as does a few other sporty and/or lux cars from the era. The Vettes “mag-ride” shock option was more along the line of what Adaptive shocks mean (I believe, the lines are fuzzy), I suppose you could view those two examples of adaptive suspension in general, though they executed differently.

Idk if the transverse leaf spring in a Vette could even be called “standard” those things were born out of necessity.

1 Like

I am willing to die on this hill, if you can enter from the hatch, it’s a hatchback/liftback. These cars were in inspirations.

This got long I'll hide it here.

All of the cars above might have charasterics from proper coupes, but that won’t change the fact that they have 3 doors.

A coupe has 2 doors and a trunk like a sedan, this is a coupe.

You can’t change my mind on this one.

3 Likes

Okay, so, on one hand, yeah, liftback coupes are still coupes and should be included. According to one definition my Warrior even fits the bill.

On the other hand…

You literally submitted an econobox - and where on one of your pictures it looks like a coupe or liftback, on one of the others it looks like a conventional vertical door hatchback.

2 Likes

It refuse to judge it on the basis that is doesn’t even fit the criteria Chad asked for then, happy?

2 Likes

I want my car to get binned because it’s shit, not because the bodystyle is “incorrect”

So yes. I didn’t build a winning car but I also didn’t build an instabin car.

1 Like

This isn’t the same sort of car because of the fact they have the same type of bootlid. You knowingly made a car that didn’t fit the brief at all.

5 Likes

Car you posted would be fine if brief asked for Golf or Civic.

Chad doesnt want to drive something that seems like very regular hatchback (like two examples mentioned above, even if its hot hatch kind)
Neither of cars in inspiration give that impression

Sorry bro

This is Opel Astra G Coupe.

It’s a coupe.

This is a 3-door hatchback that we had as an inspiration.

Can you enter from the hatch?

If yes, it’s a hatchback/liftback (or SUV, MPV etc, those aren’t relevant here)

If no, it’s either a sedan or a coupe.

I entered a car that has 3 doors, like the Supra.

Do you really think a person buying a Supra is willing to settle for a shitbox?

2 Likes

being a lift back dossnt automaticly make it a hatcback…

2 Likes

Everybody, please let this go. A participant does not get to make demands of the host; discretionary bins have always existed and in this case one is more than justified; and the participant in question’s only evidence to the contrary is that an Astra and a Supra are technically both 3-doors.

This is a pointless saltfest that requires no further action. It’s even the participant’s pfp, so we all got a hint of where this was going.

That being said that Astra G looks somewhat less crappy than I imagined it would lmao

11 Likes

I built a car that wasn’t exactly what the customer wanted, but it has low price which might make them reconsider some of their priorities.

My first car was a 2001 Opel Astra. I never wanted a 2001 Opel Astra but the price was low enough for me to reconsider my priorities. But of course we have a whole different story here.

1 Like

Your avatar is literally a salt shaker. I’m guessing there’s a back story there stemming from a pattern of repeat behavior.

11 Likes

Lol, love the bin description. Realized I’d missed the deadline the day after :stuck_out_tongue:
Oh well, there’s always next time…

3 Likes

This might be the single most funny observation ever made in the history of Automation.

2 Likes