CSR154 - Midsize Mania [DONE]

I am definitely happy with tenth place considering I’m still very out of touch with techpool and that I haven’t participated in a CSR in ages

Very cool round btw, enjoyed reading it

3 Likes

With hindsight, I can easily see how the Swanson won - it ticked all the boxes on Tony’s wishlist (with a healthy dose of sportiness for good measure), and fittingly, he saved the best option for last.

Looking back at the Swanson, it somewhat reminds me of an Alfa Romeo Alfasud or Alfetta - it was blessed with their vivacious Italian feel (complete with dual round front headlights on each side and a front-mounted boxer engine, albeit one with six cylinders instead of the Alfasud’s four), but without their (at best) questionable reliability and build quality. Funny how I should say that, given that Swanson is a Canadian manufacturer (which I didn’t realize until recently). Nor did I expect this sportiness-focused wildcard to even reach the finals:

BTW, what body set is the Swanson built on? And what does this acronym stand for?

Finally, what does this mean?

I’m assuming it’s front-wheel-drive, like the Alfasud (but not the Alfetta/GTV6, which was rear-wheel-drive).

2 Likes

Holy hell I won the legendary CSR
And it was a real good one, well written, and with finalists I figured would keep me off the podium.

Incidentally I’m hosting a cocktail party tonight (way less fancy than it reads) and need to have a look at my calendar, whether I have a workable idea etc. Hosting is daunting and doubly so for CSR, yo. I’ll know tomorrow.

@abg7
The mod is French family car 70s by matt, the IRL car would be the Citroen GS.
The suspension was a touch harder than ideal for the trim level due to the mod body’s tendency to roll, on the other hand the swoopy but tallish roofline fits the Swanson brand perfectly.

Yes, inspired by Alfa, Citroen (both of which used FWD longitudinal boxer about this time) Saab, and Subaru (with better head gaskets)
The mk2 200-series was late in a long production run (66-82) at this point. Refined, and given new life with 3-valve engines, but lacking in tech.
(I actually worked on some more far more malaisey cars before asking the important question of “which car would a fitter late 70s version of me want?”)

Right Wheel Drive = RWD :wink:
SEOPS = Single-Engine Operations
I’m not a pilot or involved in aircraft at all, just another nerdy interest and in this context a nod to the brands origins building engines for smaller aircraft.
Based in Windsor, Canada, a call I made for the Letara challenge as “somewhere in the anglosphere” was too vague, and in the context of 30s/40s logistics made some sense.

7 Likes

Swansons seem to be great cars that fall over being to …expressionist … Glad to see one make it this time

Passing on to @donutsnail
Sorry for flaking out again but I don’t trust my plans for june not to interfere.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I am not interested in hosting CSR at this time. The hot potato passes to @LS_Swapped_Rx-7

2 Likes

i’m up for another go of this
time to get cooking :fire::fire::fire:

11 Likes

Woho, return of fire bin container then!

2 Likes

Oh god

I watched CSR152 with great laughter, can’t wait to see what he cooks up now

3 Likes

Don’t give us like 90 TP again bruh

2 Likes

give us 100 :smile:

3 Likes

gimme another opportunity to submit the super retro shitbox

2 Likes

Oh my god

BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL
BIN HELL

7 Likes

bin hell? Isnt that just a London Alleyway?

1 Like

WINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA DINGA

2 Likes