CSR154 - Midsize Mania [DONE]

I didn’t think about the engine block but the chassis and body panels definitely apply.

I was thinking about using your engine, and will look into it.

this is my final question, but I feel its quite important
Is colours like Pink and Purple too risky?
Pink and Purple were regarded as quite feminine colours, so Im worried that my car with purple stripes would get Tony laughed at

AFAIK, neither of those colors would make sense for the class and era of car Tony is looking for. However, ignoring the obvious monochrome choices of black, white, silver, and gray, a dark metallic navy blue, forest green, or claret red would be quite appropriate.

I would think if they are as stripes (plus the brand its from has a thing with purple) it should be ok, but I want Tex’s opinion on it, since its hard to know weather he is considering it or not

There were some interesting colors in the early '80’s, but they were far more conservative than the in-your-face colors of the '70’s. As long as your chosen color is understated you could probably make it work. Buick Regals had a nice Rose Gold color that’s actually pretty rare now.

You are not going to be binned for colors/stripes/factory decals, nor given a lower score unless they’re ugly and make the car actually look worse.

3 Likes

Can we allow bodystyles back to 1970 to allow for the boxy American bodies?

These…

The body style can be any year as long as the actual model year is 1975 or newer. All of the bodies you posted are allowed and people are making stuff with them already

4 Likes

I don’t see 86 AKI anywhere how do I choose this fuel type

AKI is just a different measuring system than the one used in game. It’s the same as 91 RON.

Most US pumps display AKI, so that’s probably why the host included it.

AKI appears in game as well if selected, and I use it as my primary measurement. I’m including it in case anybody else uses it.

4 Likes

would these headlights count?

At default size, these fit pretty much bang-on into the “5.75-inch quad headlights” category of sealed beams. Use at your leisure, just remember to use cardinal lock-on so that they’re upright.

3 Likes

If, for whatever reason we opted to, could we put techpool into the forced induction tech?

Is there a max wheelbase? I started prepping a car but it’s more on the full-size side of things.

Nope. If you can fit a bigger car in the budget and do it well, go nuts. Speaking of going nuts, ADVANCED TRIM SETTINGS RULES UP; READ THEM WELL, EVERYONE.

Uhh, that was actually me :>.

The starting point of that round was in '58, where turbos make no difference because they couldn’t exist even at +15, and there wasn’t really a reason I mandated that +2 on them aside from allowing people to start from a flat +2 field. In this round, though, turbos do matter and would be underdeveloped by most companies, so I did the techpool distribution rules that I did.

10 Likes

Oh, that was you as well huh? '58 does found familiar, so, sounds like the same one, set in Germany I think? Hopefully it means you’re improving, you did say “there wasn’t really a reason” suggesting there’s a chance, but, yeah, guess I should just leave it at that.

I was aware Turbos existed and would underdeveloped by most companies like you said, I said so myself before the part you quoted, so hopefully that last part was mainly meant for @xsneakyxsimx despite it being in a direct reply to me for otherwise it seems out of place to me.