CSR154 - Midsize Mania [DONE]

New for 1980 from Ascot Automotive: the Grenadier LTX 2.2.

Achieve, Aspire, Ascot.

5 Likes

DON’T BE A COMMIE, BUY DOMESTIC

THE 1977 BRINDLEY BEACH AVENUE CRUISER

IT HAS A POORLY MADE INTERIOR BECAUSE I’M LAZY BUT THAT’S OKAY BECAUSE IT SEATS 6

15.8L V8 — 3 MILES TO THE GALLON

THAT’S AMERICA FOR YOU!!!

16 Likes

1980 Mitsushita Karna 2000 LEi

Fuel Injection, Front Wheel Drive, Fully Automatic Compact Cassette Player.

Proudly Made by Mitsushita Motor Manufacturing Kentucky (est. 1979)

12 Likes

{screams in CAFE regulations language}

1980 Martin-Wagner 400

What’s inside the 400 D28E:

2.8 liter V6 SOHC MPI engine, generating 167-hp
5-speed manual or optional 3-speed automatic
Standard FWD and Torsen differential
15-inch alloy rims
Comfortable interior with 6-speaker stereo and leather seats
The latest high-end safety systems from Martin-Wagner

Experience a smooth and comfortable ride by visiting your nearest Martin-Wagner dealer today!

15 Likes

TAKEDA MOTORS

1980 Takeda DIGNITARY

Dont settle for less…

33 Likes

Great entries so far! I’m benchmarking a Crown Vic for performance - made some period looking glam shots and will post once the rules are finalized. I went with the 108” wheelbase - made a 116” one as well but the shorter one fares better overall.

2 Likes

1979 Avantii Cessentia LE

Buy our cars, they’re not obsolete yet.

We know very well that we’ve to discontinue this model very soon, so please buy it.

24 Likes

Question - will something be binned for having single digit sportiness? I was focused more on comfort and driveability.

I’m hoping not :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, ask yourself the following question: if you were to replicate the 1980 Ford Granada - one of the inspirations here - in Automation, would it get double-digit sportiness?

1 Like

A question with another question, you say? How fitting :stuck_out_tongue:

(Relevant video segment: 0:00-0:27)

6 Likes

1980 Canmo Gannet

Presenting the second generation Canmo Gannet, new for 1980. The local Canmo salesperson recommends the mid-level LE for Tony. Sporting a 178hp 5.0L V8 and wedgy looks, the Gannet is tailored more as a comfy daily driver than for performance. 0-60 arrives in 9 seconds, and it’s combined fuel economny is 16mpg.

10 Likes

1980 SVM Savant

It’s a land barge, but not as you know it.

This downsized unibody FWD mid-sizer runs a smooth, reliable and economical (21 mpg combined) 115-bhp 3.0L V6 with multi-point EFI mated to a 3-speed automatic gearbox, with a premium interior and cassette tape deck for a more comfortable drive. Fully independent suspension (struts up front, semi-trailing arms in the back) at all four wheels gives it ride and handling that’s better than you’d expect from a car of its class.

And at $16,500 AMU, the Savant 3.0 is surprisingly good value for money. So what are you waiting for? Take one for a test drive and enjoy an easier, more comfortable experience you won’t regret!

4 Likes

SUBMISSIONS OPEN

as of 20 minutes ago or whatever

@xsneakyxsimx
@EnCR
@crwpitman1
@abg7

All of you have sent in files before I opened the submissions. You must all either clarify that the files you sent earlier are your final submissions, or to resubmit; If you do neither of those things, it will not be counted as an entry.

I remind all contestants that they are welcome to ask me about techpools and headlights to check for legality.

You have 20 days to submit.

3 Likes

1979 Hamfa Nautus 2800

This is the last generation of the Nautus with some extra chromebits and the mandated headlights for the US market.

Gallery

Stats

18 Likes

Yerevani Avtogortsaran

1980 YAG Akumb

Through Sand, Snow, Streets, and Slumps, the YAG Akumb will never let you down. For the people deserve nothing less than the best.

New for 1980
  • Full time All Wheel Drive
  • Hydraulic Rack and Pinion Power Steering
  • Viscous LSD
  • Electronic Fuel Injection as standard
  • Antilock Braking System as standard
  • Improved Air Conditioning, Heating, and Defrosting system
  • Aluminum panels as standard
  • Crescendoll Inline making 337.8 hp with 26 mpg combined
  • Turbocharger with boost control system
  • Optional Daytime Running Lights

Gallery

6 Likes

THE NEW FOR 1980 WRAITH NEAPOLITAN

The 1980 Neapolitan not only has everything that made the old Neapolitan the great car it was. It also has new features like secure front wheel drive handling and a new all aluminium V8.

Wraith Neapolitan. Because, be completely honest now. When you did everything you did to get to where you are now, was it with the aspirations to buy a little 4 cylinder car with a name you can hardly even pronounce?

15 Likes

1980 Mara Hussar 2.5 SKE

While the party trick of ‘bargain price V8’ had - sort-of - worked for Mara’s US importer Maxsym Bricklov during the mid-70s**, the advent of the second oil crisis meant that only the 2.5 litre inline-4 versions of Mara’s large family car - called Hussar in the US and other export markets - were feasible to sell.

Here we have the 2.5 Sedan in Komfort Extra trim - which was identical to the V8 SKEs except for the omission of power steering since the I4 put about 150kg less on the front wheels. The reduced sales numbers also meant that the incoming Kavalers Hussars could receive an additional round of quality check before they were sold.

The interior was offered in the same tasteful 1970s colours as for all the other versions.

** Ignore any visual and other discrepancies between the old 4.1 era thread and newer info from here and the also the LHC / LAC posts - I have changed my mind on a number of things since then...
11 Likes

1980 AAAA Knightsgrove 400 GL

The GT’s little brother has arrived!

In early 1980, the Australian American Automotive Alliance (AAAA) is releasing a brand new addition to the Knightsgrove lineup with the 400 GL. Featuring our economical but tried and true 4.0L v8 engine, the Knightsgrove 400 GL combines both modern efficiency and our signature auditory rumble. We’re also proud to announce that the new 400 GL is our safest and cleanest car yet, and potentially the cleanest v8 on the market!

Yours from only AM$16,000.

“Just because the world is changing, it doesn’t mean you have to!”

9 Likes