CSR156 - Speed Metal [DONE]

What’s the consensus on using aluminum or partial aluminum body panels? I believe with +7 techpool you can somewhat achieve that in 1987 (+7 being 1994 technology)

Aluminum and partial aluminum unlock in 1992 I don’t see a reason not to use

Full aluminum bodywork doesn’t seem realistic to me for a car that was on sale in 1987 (except for higher-end Euro exotics); partial aluminum panels (available from 1985 onwards at 0 techpool) may be preferable. Treated steel panels, however, are only unlocked in 1994 (again, assuming 0 techpool). With the chassis techpool being set to its maximum allowed value of +7, however, all three of these panel material options become available.

Alu panels were used throughout the 20th century since 1908 (some Bugatti), mostly on higher-end European sports and GT cars. In the game they’re unlocked from day one. Alu frame/chassis was first mass-produced in 1994 (Audi A8).

My entry is looking to be a top contender. :slight_smile: I was able to achieve a super high speed!

Front and rear firewall positions are not mentioned here - but are we allowed to adjust them? If so, I’m assuming we can change the values, but in moderation.

Zephorus Autos

logo3

1987 Edition

Available in 3 exciting colors
and that's all you get
Urwald Green

Tuscany Red

Dusk Blue

Caciocavallo Beige

These cars are not a real product of any manufacturer, any likeness or other similarities to real brands is purely coincidence. Top trim model shown, actual model may change in final submission. Made with a big dose of luck.
18 Likes

will third brake lights be considered mandatory?

Does the car need to have a turbo? Since what I have is way too fast and uses a twin scroll with 1,5 bar…

There is literally a rule stating, in plain text, that you can’t have a twin-scroll with 1.5 bar of boost.

And no, you don’t need to have a turbo. NA is a-okay.

1 Like

I read the rule, this is why I asked…
So if I mess up detuning the car, I can send something else.

8 Likes

third brake lights were legally mandated in the US starting in 1986, and realism is a priority, so yeah i’d throw one on

3 Likes

AND WE’RE OFF!

The competition is open as of right now. Remember: You must post an ad in this thread and send a **.car file to @debonair0806 and/or @Texaslav ** to enter the competition;
You may also send a screenshot of your techpool, which will be treated as official and applied to your entry in case there are deviations.
The deadline to enter is July 21, 2023, 11:59 PM CDT.

8 Likes

THE IP PANDORA 1800 GTT: HARD FACTS.

2 door, 4-seater FR notchback coupé.
4 wheel independent suspension.
Power assisted rack and pinion steering.
4 wheel disc brakes, ventilated discs up front.
1.8 litre 136 hp SOHC MPFI i4 turbo intercooler.
5 speed transmission.
Limited slip differential.
Driving excitement.
$13900.

9 Likes

1987 KMA KX4 1.6 Coupe

This is the little brother of the flagship KX12 - it may not be a supercar, but it was designed and engineered in the spirit of one, at a far more affordable price.

Its mid-mounted all-alloy 1.6L straight-four sings to 8000 rpm and delivers 145 horsepower to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and limited-slip differential. In a small sports car that weighs less than a ton, this is more than adequate.

Combined with race-bred fully independent strut suspension at each wheel, staggered high-performance tires, and 4-wheel vented disc brakes, this lack of mass not only boosts acceleration, but also endows the KX4 with world-class handling and braking.

Also, with standard-fit air conditioning, alloy wheels, and cassette tape player, plus attractive extra-cost options such as leather upholstery and an upgraded stereo sound system, you’re getting a lot of car for your cash, with a base price of just $14,000.

5 Likes

11 Likes

1987 FMW Zukunft CR 4.1

New for 1987, the Zukunft roadster is meant to preview FMW’s future designs and technological advancements. While its engine is a very pedestrian 4.1 litre all-iron V8 from the company’s larger sedan lineup, and the chassis is based on their compact sedan, this sporty roadster brings several technological advancements, such as the use of aluminium in certain body panels, a new double-wishbone rear suspension and adaptive dampers, not to mention the very characteristic doors, which slide into the side-sill rather than open conventionally. The potent V8 engine, combined with the small dimensions and light weight, gives this roadster an impressive 5.9 second 0-100 time, as well as a 274 km/h top speed.

13 Likes

1987 Pocono CS2300 16V

Race technology from the track, to your hands.