CSR156 - Speed Metal [DONE]

I read the rule, this is why I asked…
So if I mess up detuning the car, I can send something else.

8 Likes

third brake lights were legally mandated in the US starting in 1986, and realism is a priority, so yeah i’d throw one on

3 Likes

AND WE’RE OFF!

The competition is open as of right now. Remember: You must post an ad in this thread and send a **.car file to @debonair0806 and/or @Texaslav ** to enter the competition;
You may also send a screenshot of your techpool, which will be treated as official and applied to your entry in case there are deviations.
The deadline to enter is July 21, 2023, 11:59 PM CDT.

8 Likes

THE IP PANDORA 1800 GTT: HARD FACTS.

2 door, 4-seater FR notchback coupé.
4 wheel independent suspension.
Power assisted rack and pinion steering.
4 wheel disc brakes, ventilated discs up front.
1.8 litre 136 hp SOHC MPFI i4 turbo intercooler.
5 speed transmission.
Limited slip differential.
Driving excitement.
$13900.

9 Likes

1987 KMA KX4 1.6 Coupe

This is the little brother of the flagship KX12 - it may not be a supercar, but it was designed and engineered in the spirit of one, at a far more affordable price.

Its mid-mounted all-alloy 1.6L straight-four sings to 8000 rpm and delivers 145 horsepower to the rear wheels via a five-speed manual gearbox and limited-slip differential. In a small sports car that weighs less than a ton, this is more than adequate.

Combined with race-bred fully independent strut suspension at each wheel, staggered high-performance tires, and 4-wheel vented disc brakes, this lack of mass not only boosts acceleration, but also endows the KX4 with world-class handling and braking.

Also, with standard-fit air conditioning, alloy wheels, and cassette tape player, plus attractive extra-cost options such as leather upholstery and an upgraded stereo sound system, you’re getting a lot of car for your cash, with a base price of just $14,000.

5 Likes

11 Likes

1987 FMW Zukunft CR 4.1

New for 1987, the Zukunft roadster is meant to preview FMW’s future designs and technological advancements. While its engine is a very pedestrian 4.1 litre all-iron V8 from the company’s larger sedan lineup, and the chassis is based on their compact sedan, this sporty roadster brings several technological advancements, such as the use of aluminium in certain body panels, a new double-wishbone rear suspension and adaptive dampers, not to mention the very characteristic doors, which slide into the side-sill rather than open conventionally. The potent V8 engine, combined with the small dimensions and light weight, gives this roadster an impressive 5.9 second 0-100 time, as well as a 274 km/h top speed.

13 Likes

1987 Pocono CS2300 16V

Race technology from the track, to your hands.

Powered by 2.3 liters 16 Valves with Electronic Fuel Injection, matched for the pure agility in handling.
This Pocono CS2300 is the apex of the new “S” series with only one goal “Pure driving stimulus”.

From Pocono, a new kind of ideas.

5 Likes

The CR 4.1 (which is built on one of the Bean body sets if I’m not mistaken) brings to mind the contemporary BMW Z1, but with a V8 in its nose instead of a straight-six, which makes it feel more like the TVR Griffith that came out a few years later. Its approach is in contrast to that of my entry, which looks like a shrunken (pre-facelift) Testarossa on the outside, but has the engineering of a (non-supercharged) AW11 MR2 on the inside, and its ethos of light weight, modest power, and a well-sorted mid-engined platform is more reminiscent of that of the first-gen Lotus Elise, albeit a whole decade earlier.

Funnily enough, my first LRC entry had the engineering of a Griffith and the nose of an S1 Elise.

2 Likes

1987 Empire Phoenix ESP

It’s the last year of the second gen Phoenix on the E-Body platform. To give the car the farewell it deserves, the car boasts a new Fuel Injected 4.7L V8 making close to 220hp and can reach 60mph in under 6 seconds. For extra flair, the new Phoenix has a removeable T-Top. And you can tell right away that the red stripes and trim mean business, the Empire Sport Package (ESP) provides tuned suspension, better brakes and more power.

All that style, for a much cheaper price than you think.

(and yeah its basically a Monte Carlo liftback, cry about it)

Collaboration between @Maverick74 and @Atomic

7 Likes

1987 Steurmann C26

Presented by @HybridTronny and @Tsundere-kun

The 1987 Steurmann C26 is a unique sports coupe that offers a thrilling driving experience. With its 180 horsepower engine, 5-speed manual transmission, and rear-wheel drive, the C26 is sure to put a smile on your face every time you take it out for a drive.

So whether you’re looking for a car to commute to work or a weekend cruiser, the Steurmann C26 is a great choice.

Here are some of the key features of the 1987 Steurmann C26:

• 180 horsepower, 2.6-liter inline-4 engine
  • 5-speed manual transmission
  • Rear-wheel drive
  • Sporty suspension
  • Leather seats
  • Power windows and locks
  • AM/FM stereo

If you’re looking for a unique and exciting sports coupe, the 1987 Steurmann C26 is a great option. This car is sure to turn heads and put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

Gallery

23 Likes
Rusa means deer. I love Colorado. I love GT style fastback coupes.
1987 Rusa Katana 300GTS. Designed and engineered in Indonesia.
32 Likes
Do you have a deathwish?

Do you want to go in speed but little style?
Are you willing to put up with 1150$ yearly maintenance costs?
Do you have 13500$ to spend?

Well look no further than the:

Ilaris MR

It’s sporty! It’s devilishly quick (6.66s 0-60) and can turn on a dime (1.07G cornering). As the name suggests, it’s mid-engined! That’s what all those Feriairi’s use, right? The kids love it. Own a posterchild, or at least something that shares some traits with posterchildren or whatever you call them. But hey, it won’t break the bank in terms of fuel economy, though we’d rather not talk about what you spend at the service center. Just do the maintenance yourself like a real enthusiast.

So what are you waiting for? Buy it now. Like seriously, go to the dealer and buy it. This is a threat.

Look! Mid-engine! It’s basically a supercar! That oughta be good for uberhoööhloholungsprestige. Wait, wrong challenge.

15 Likes

Backstory: I haven’t been participating in competitions lately as there was a period of ones that didn’t interest me, and then work got stressful. I’ve still been playing a lot as it’s been a stressful couple weeks and it comforts me. Basically, I made a back history for my other made up brand, Torrent.

In my “history”, Torrent started producing premium boxer engine cars in 1976. For it’s second generation, Torrent borrowed the mid-size Canmo platform for it’s new Stream for 1986. This marks a shift to front wheel drive, but evolves the familiar Torrent 4.2L boxer 6 for the 1980s.

Introducing the 1987 Torrent Riptide B6B

Torrent introduces a new coupe for the 1987 model year - the Riptide. Based off the new Stream, it also has front wheel drive for improved traction and driveability. The B6B model is a new lower end option employing a new 4L version of the familiar Torrent boxer 6. Although it’s an introductory model, it’s no slouch with 217hp and 225 lb/ft of torque, allowing it to speed to 60mph in a spirited 6.5 seconds (with minimal torque steer). A streamlined package ahead of it’s time, all for $13,700.

15 Likes

1987 Clyde Dominator GTS

For its final year of production, Clyde Motors decided to deliver a proper sendoff for its popular Dominator muscle car. A range topping GTS model has been introduced for an MSRP of $12,500 with a tuned version of the 5.6 litre V8. Now making 286 horsepower and 297 ft-lbs of torque, 0-60 times are cut down to 5.7 seconds, and quarter-mile runs take 14.23 seconds. Four wheel discs are standard, allowing the car to brake from 60 mph in 128 ft. Retuned suspension allows the car to handle the extra power surprisingly well. A large “Dominator GTS” graphic on the side is the only giveaway to the public of how special this car is. As the corporate platform is moving to front wheel drive, Clyde Motors is giving buyers what they believe to be the last true muscle car.

20 Likes

Finally, a direct rival to my miniature supercar! OK, so mine costs more ($14k vs $13.5k, although to be fair, it is slightly cheaper to service, at $1050.9), but I invested the extra cash where I felt it mattered most, into quality points for the engine family, fuel system, top end, and suspension. As it turns out, my entry is actually slightly faster (6.3s to 60 mph vs 6.66s) and almost matches it for grip (1.01g vs 1.07g), but is the skidpad figure you’re claiming for a 20m circle instead of a 200m one? If so, then a separate figure for a 200m skidpad may be necessary.

@Oreology after seeing the Katana in the flesh along with its specs, it’s no surprise that it lives up to its name! It’s a bit odd for anyone to use any of the '60 240Z-esque body sets for a late-80s build, but with various details such as a chopped roofline and a ducktail rear spoiler made out of body moldings, you pulled it off convincingly.

2 Likes

In 1987 Manda would introduce the Z Sport Limited Edition of their second generation Tuono sports coupe. Tuned by Manda’s racing division, the 2L DOHC inline 5 engine equipped with a hefty, journal bearing turbo, variable valve timing, latest generation Sakura™ M.EFI system™ delivers 265.8 horsepower to the rear wheels. Using limited slip differential, a manual stick and rack & pinion steering, it is a race car in the DNA.

Acting as the affordable little sister to Manda’s premium model the Horizon GT-Z, the Tuono Z GEN2 will bring a smile to your face when you step on the gas. 0-60 in 6,43 seconds, and to stop from there, you have a 4 discs ABS which stops you in 38.5 meters… or when you hit a wall, ouch.

But before hitting a wall, you can hit the top speed of 147.8 mph (238 km/h for Europeans). To top it all off, in the first year of production, this limited edition is only available in Crystal Capri Blue color, and nothing else. So go get 'em while you still can.

Gallery: Manda Tuono Z GEN2 - Album on Imgur

8 Likes

The 1987 ASAKURA Orion 24GSX Turbo™

Asakura Heavy Industries™ had been down on its luck for a while in 1987, so upon the release of the Orion 24GSX, they hoped it would be a winner. They had taken a base Orion GS chassis and added a 2400CC ASAKURA M-EFI™ 12 Valve SOHC Inline 6 producing a fraction under 230HP, alongside an active AWD system and fluid LSDs all around. With all of this, the designers at Asakura were instructed by their Kaicho to make the car a handsome one, to make the customers want to buy it.

All of this resulted in the car’s brutish, masculine looks and aggressive stance, along with performance to match. With a 0-60 of 6.43 seconds, a top speed of over 220KPH and a 20M cornering radius G-Force of 1.02G, the car is perfect for on the track. The whole world isn’t a track though, so they ensured that the car would have plenty of cargo space to boot, with a full trunk/boot, a ‘behind the head’ storage space, and plenty of legroom for all passengers.

This masculine conqueror of the road is available in three striking colours - ASAKURA Orion White™ - ASAKURA Orion Black™ - ASAKURA Orion Blue™. Coming to the United States this year for only $13,800 - DON’T MISS IT!

Now a note from our Kaicho:

“We here at Asakura have one simple philosophy - respect. Respect towards the customer, respect towards the cars that we make, and respect most of all for what has been before us, what has helped us come to this place. This car was created with respect - that is all.” - Shinichiro Asakura (Asakura-sama)

Gallery

Various photos of the Orion - showing the car in ASAKURA Orion White™.

9 Likes

Real men know how to handle their stick!

New for 1987: The Globus Bravura LC
Basically an LT with a slightly detuned, but smoother and still powerful DOHC 16V engine and a five-speed manual.

Yes, yes, we know what you want to say. IT SMOKES THE WRONG TIRES! Yes, it is FWD, but built with all the Primus experience, and you know how damn good the Astrona and Advance handle, and our Bravura is related from them. You know, doing burnouts with an FWD is like having drunk *** with weird girls, it is great fun as long as no other watches it.
Hey, at least it smokes both tires equally, since an LSD is standard for 1987. And ABS could be ordered as an option.

GLOBUS. Buy clever, regret never!

7 Likes