CSR159 - "Longing" (ROUND 3 - FINALE) (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

aaw don’t put yourself down like that just because you don’t know one thing doesn’t make you dumb !

Considering that we’re speaking of a 2 person household, and that I am building on a body allowing for three seat rows, is there any advantage at all in offering more than five seats? Yes, I understand that it is probably not being a disadvantage in itself, but since it affects passenger and cargo space, that will be weighted in, it would be a good thing to know.

Its only going to be Amika and Svetlana (two people), so there is more priority for cargo space than passenger space if anything.

All of the cars in the inspiration (except for the Delica, which is literally a minivan), are 5 seaters or 5 seater versions (in the case of the Mitsubishi Space Wagon).

From what I can see, there is a lot of headrests in the Space Wagon for being a 5 seater… :wink:
But thanks for the clarification.

Next thing, I am not really sure that such a high requirement as WES 10 is necessary, I mean, in 2004 still none of the Automation regions seems to require it, and with a rather regular engine for the era I gave up reaching anything higher than WES 9 without direct injection. Lowering it to WES9 (which is the highest Autoverse requirements in 2004) would make sense, but that’s just my opinion.

For reference, my engine is compatible with WES 11, even though the most stringent standard in-game by 2004 was WES 9 (although Gasmea and Fruinia would adopt WES 10 the following year).

Try some other header types, I got an SOHC 4.2L V8 with MPEFI into line. Bigger size, dumber type- Cast Low offers a big boost to emission reduction and a lower cam profile obviously helps

I’m trying out a naturally aspirated 2.0L all-AlSi I4 with a mild cam, hypereutectic pistons, cast mid headers, and a 3-way cat w/pre-cat - so far it makes 150 bhp, although it’s in a car that’s fairly small and light, so it won’t be too slow to compete.

It’s been awhile since I’ve played, where is the Techpool tab for sandbox?

Under the quality sliders you can see a box saying, probably “+5” since that is the default techpool. Click that one and the window where you can adjust TP will appear.

2 Likes

CSR IS NOW OPEN FOR SUBMISSION!

deadline for submissions is @ 7th of December, 11:59PM (GMT+9:30)
(Send your entries to my forum account)
5 Likes

Might be a bit late but should it be trim and variant set to 2004? Or is the entire car body supposed to be new for 2004?

Model and family year can be set to any year to simulate ongoing production runs, as long as the trim and variant year is set to 2004, then it should pass.

2 Likes

I just noticed you listed fuel as either regular (95 RON) or premium (98 RON). Shouldn’t regular be 91 RON and premium be 95 RON? Or are you saying to use either premium (95 RON) or super (98 RON)?

in the UK, 95 is their regular fuel option and 98 is the premium option, so since the round is set there yuri wrote it that way in the brief but wants you to use the premium and super options in the actual game, at least if i understood it correctly

5 Likes

At least in Germany naming would be 91 (92 actually) Regular, 95 Super, 98 Premium, 100 (mostly 102) Ultimate. But you cant find 92 (replaced by 95 E10) and 98 (replaced by Ultimate Diesel) anymore, so Super is still named Super, but is now beside the name just the regular gas. I wouldnt care too much about the name and just stick to the RON.

I guess the problem is that you can set the game to AKI too, so to avoid confusion, it is best to use the name of the fuel.

TGR Industries

2004 Ulia ST

TGR Industries' Ulia is an AWD drivetrain powered by a turbocharged 2.6L inline 5 supplying 184HP and 236 lb-ft of torque. A robust 5-speed automatic transmission with limited slip keeps power to the ground at all times. That power is transmitted with all-terrain tires and independent suspension all around. Originally released in 1998, TGR updated the model to align closer with consumer demands and expectations. The hatchback offers excellent cargo space for any accessories to your adventure. The Ulia features many modern safety appurtenances and emissions control systems so that the owner can purchase confidently a car that will take them almost anywhere.

Photos

5 Likes

2004 Akari Nimera Cross Sport 4Trac

Lore

Introduced in 2003, the Nimera was Akari’s first real foray into the compact crossover market, riding on a brand-new platform dubbed E1, exclusive to the Nimera. The E1 platform featured fully independent suspension, with front struts and rear multilink suspension, support for longitudinal engines, and a 40% increase in torsional rigidity over the E1’s predecessor. The Nimera also came with 3 engine options, a 160 horsepower 2.0L inline-4 (featured here), a 205 horsepower 2.5L V6, and a 145 horsepower 2.2L inline-4 turbodiesel, all mated to either a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic, and standard all-wheel drive. On the interior, you had the choice of cloth fabric or leatherette materials, in your choice of 3 primary colors (Black/Grey, Sea Blue and Titan Red). The Nimera shown here has the Black/Grey patterned cloth interior, and sports features such as a 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat, dual-zone climate control, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear windshields, a tilt and telescoping steering wheel, power-adjustable mirrors, one-touch up and down front windows, a rear-view mirror with a compass and a garage door opener, just to name a few. The Nimera shown here is a mid-level Sport, painted in Emeraldine Metallic with a Black/Grey cloth interior. It has the base 2.0L inline-4, mated to a 6-speed manual, standard AWD with a torque-sensing differential, and sports features such as bi-xenon headlamps, a split tailgate, power windows and locks, heated headlamp and windshield washers, 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, integrated roof rack rails, a functional hood intake, fog lamps and Charcoal body cladding. All told, this 2004 Nimera has an MSRP of $19,500.

Gallery

Specifications

2004 Akari Nimera Cross Sport 4Trac

Base Price/Price As Tested;
$19,500/$19,500

Final Assembly;
Assembled at Akari Hokkaido Manufacturing Plant, Hokkaido, Japan

Body Style;
Front engine, all-wheel drive, 5-passenger, 5-door SUV

Engine;

Akari SG20NR0

Longitudinally-mounted, naturally aspirated 2.0L/1998cc inline-4
Aluminium block and heads, forged internals
Port fuel injection with Akari AVEC2 Engine Control Unit
Chain-driven dual overhead camshafts, 4 valves per cylinder, single standard mid air intake
11.5:1 compression ratio
160 horsepower at 6,300 RPM
153lb-ft of torque at 4,800 RPM
6,800 RPM redline
Sport tuned exhaust with a 3-way catalytic converter, pre-catalyst and dual reverse flow mufflers
Premium (95 RON/91 AKI) fuel required

Drivetrain;
6-speed manual
3.18:1 final drive ratio
All-wheel drive with a torque sensing limited slip differential and a 50/50 front/rear power split

Dimensions;
2.48 meter wheelbase
4.22 meter overall length
1.70 meter overall width
297 millimeters of ground clearance
0.281 Cd drag coefficient
58% front, 42% rear weight distribution
3,085 pound curb weight

Chassis/Body;
Unitary galvanized steel monocoque with isolated subframes
Stamped and treated steel body panels

Suspension;
Front independent MacPherson struts, coil springs, steel mono-tube dampers, anti-roll bar
Rear independent control arm with two lateral links and one toe-control link, coil springs, steel mono-tube dampers, anti-roll bar

Steering;
Hydraulically assisted speed-sensitive rack and pinion steering

Brakes;
Hydraulic with anti-lock control
350mm front ventilated disc brakes with 2 piston rotors
300mm rear ventilated disc brakes with 1 piston rotors

Wheels;
17-inch cast aluminum alloy wheels
P205/60R17 97H front and rear tires
32psi front and rear

Performance;
0 to 62 MPH in 7.7 seconds
127 MPH top speed (electronically limited)
15.89 second standing 1/4 mile drag test
62-0 MPH in 38.2 meters
0.948g on a 20m cornering test, 0.917g on a 200m cornering test
Fully defeatable traction and stability control
23 MPG city/28 MPG highway/26 MPG combined

15 Likes

Cavaliere Nobile Cacciatore 200E

An exclusive Italian machine is always a bit more expensive to own and run. But the days when you needed two of these bella maccinas (one in repair and one in use) are gone.
Besides a beautiful leather-and-alcantara premium interior, the Cacciatore in its Economy version features a less nervous engine, more suiting for daily commute, which is supported by a butter-shifting automatic.
Nevertheless, the Cacciatore is able to do light to medium offroading despite excellent on-road handling and performance.

Some proof where the Cacciatore went to without any trouble:

CAVALIERE NOBILE. PIÚ BELLA COSA!

4 Likes