CW7: Golden Age Memories (closed, rankings pending)

Am I still in time for some degenerate (hope not) Cool Wall entries?
If so, here’s my pack

2002 Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 3.2 GTA

1999 BMW Z8 Pierce Brosnan

1993 Renault Clio Williams

1996 Jaguar XK8

5 Likes

Did you figure active aero out yet?

Zephorus Autos

Presents for 1995
Zephorus Grimsel
successor to the Stelvio

18 Likes

Why does it feel like Zephorus is like Porsche… always the benchmark

4 Likes

Just under 2 weeks left!

So far I’ve received complete submissions (ad and car) from:

@Knugcab
@Happyhungryhippo
@Ritz
@Hilbert

I’ve also received an ad (but not a corresponding .car file) from:

@Riley

If you have a submission ready, don’t forget to submit it before the deadline. This also applies to unused Cool Wall submissions.

1 Like

I’ve always believed that they were closer to Ferrari/Maserati, though it is always up to interpretation

2 Likes

My submissions:
1995 Alpina B10 3.0 Allrad. Basically a warmed-up BMW 525iX.

1989 Benz W126

1981 Toyota Hilux

2 Likes

I have a fully built car, but don’t have the time to complete an interior. Is anyone interested in a collab?

Joint entries are allowed, so you can indeed make a collaborative entry if an entrant other than yourself decides to work with you.

What’s the policy on questions/explanations of the Wall? I thought I saw something (perhaps in previous CW) but can’t find it now.

Past rounds have found that the less explained about the Cool Wall, the better; much of the fun is figuring out the client’s tastes from the provided examples.

Are we required to have front plates?

For reference, California (where I think this challenge is set) requires front plates, but not all states to, and it’s certainly plausible he could buy a car from a different state. (he’ll have to get new registration when he buys a car regardless)

Also, since negative techpool now seems to be a thing, are there any penalties for such? (I don’t believe it’s written anywhere?)

Do we need a specific license plate? Should we just stick to a California one?

I’m assuming our client will fit the CA plate at both ends, so a front license plate is not required, nor will a CA plate texture on the rear one, either.

1 Like

For Sale or possible Trade:

1995 Wells Sidewinder SS

45,000 miles, Immaculate condition, freshly detailed interior, recent tune-up, new battery, new tires, have all service records from dealer

$29,700

Possible trade for newer truck

4 Likes

The current state of the Cool Wall (after @moroza’s latest suggestions) is as follows:

With just over a week to go before the deadline, I’ve received an ad from @DuceTheTruth100 (but not the corresponding .car file).

1 Like

How detailed does this mean, exactly?

A wheel, pedals, dashboard, shifter, and seats are all that’s required for a “fully detailed” interior.

1 Like

$29,610
For Sale!! 2015 Gipfe CS

40DTi with i6 engine and dual tone interior in Chai Latté Metallic you won’t see another in this color
Never abused!! No warning lights!!

Only 40k miles barely bROKEN IN this is truly the best from Germany
AWD and bullet proof FZ8HP transmission.

See more

Make: Gipfe
Model: CS
Engine: Gasoline
Displacement: 3.0
Drivetype: AWD
Transmission: Automatic
Weight: -
Power: 345 hp
MPG: -
Towing capacity: -
Owners: 5

More images

5 Likes

1998 Aero Flow - $27,569

Daltorp’s Classic Garage
8345 SW Cirrus Dr,
Beaverton, OR 97008
(503) XXX-7253

Condition: No. 3
Wheelbase: 2.4m
Engine: 2.8L V-8 (285 hp)
Availability: In Stock!

More info
gsdfg

About the Aero Flow

Performance is rarely seen as one of Aero’s strengths; their sporting trims do tend to be flashy and fun-to-drive, but in actual specs are often outclassed by mid-tier vans. Cars like the Flow exist to remind us that this relationship with speed is entirely by choice on Aero’s part; if and when they want to actually go fast, they sure as hell can and will.

The Aero Flow is a mid-engined borderline supercar, sitting on a custom-built space frame chassis. It’s 2.8L V8 isn’t in-house, but even the most stubborn purist can’t complain about 285hp at 8000rpm; especially not when it’ll get you to 60mph in 5.5 seconds. This model also comes with the speed-limiter delete, letting it go all the way to 180mph, and it’s incredibly wide track is most certainly good enough for 1g in the turns.

This Flow weighs in at about 1530kg, which seems like a lot for a car this size- especially from Aero of all companies. That’s one of the few clues that this model is actually a targa-top convertible! The detachable portion is famously integrated very discreetly into the body; apparently, the previous owner hadn’t even known about it, after owning and working on the car for 5 years.

Visually, it leans heavily into the teardrop-styling of the era, going extra lengths to look as sleek and rounded as possible. It also aims to evoke the look of an endurance racer, with headlights mounted inward of its widened fenders. The Flow certainly has a way of standing out even among supercars of the era, and while reports show it also shares the ownership costs of said supercars, it at least retains the enduring reliability of its otherwise-mass-market badge.

About this vheicle

This Flow was first sold to a resident of Saratoga Springs, NY, who drove it very lightly in their 6 years of ownership, before selling to another in Manchester, New Hampshire. The second owner drove it a bit more frequently, but still only as a summer toy, for 12 years. A 3rd teenage owner bought it in 2016 as a daily driver, and was reportedly a bit “abusive” to it; according for her sister, who inherited it 3 years later, and who went through notable effort to restore it while dailying it herself. She recently moved to Oregon, and brought the car with her, but shortly after decided to sell it.

The interior and exterior of this car show clear visual signs of wear and age, but are intact and in great shape, and the midnight-purple paint was recently restored. Even though at this age convertibles are usually suspect, this car’s detachable top is in surprisingly great shape owing to its apparent lack of use. And the most important parts- the engine and drivetrain -are in excellent condition, offering like-new levels of performance. Overall, this is a clean and road-ready example of this rare and unique driver’s car, begging to be enjoyed once more.

The car is available to see during store hours, or you can call or email us to ask further and schedule a test drive!

Photo Gallery
kjj

Fun fact: did you know why the Flow’s interior is colored gray?

It’s because I was halfway through detailing it in prettier colors when I accidentally hit ctrl-z and the game DELETEDED ALL MY PROGRESS AND NOW I AM SO MAD!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

so assume it’s not gray

6 Likes