Dalnit-Bralka Rally 1965 [FINAL RESULTS!]

I’ve got cars so slow they do it on the Airfield track.
My entrant in this event is a perfect example.
Anyway, back to the rally.

He’s not doing something wrong, the game is. My car does the same thing on Nutsoring. It’s probably the track. The in game calculated top speed in 199.5 kph for my car, and the gearbox max speed is 216 kph. max rpm is 7100 and max power is at 6900 rpm;

On Bonneville LSR in reaches 200 kph and stays there without throttle modulation at rpm of ~6900. Same on other tracks.

On Nutsoring, probably because of the downhill long straight in actually reaches 216 kph and max engine rpm of 7100 in the highest gear, and than starts to do the wave stuff; This somehow makes sense: the driver is actually lifting off the throttle in order to not over-rev the engine, using engine brake.

The thing that actually pisses me of is that the game will crash if I set the gearing higher than 216 kph in the gearbox section. What’s more, even if I don’t actually touch the gearbox tab, simply by increasing the max rpm of the engine, resulting in higher theoretical max speed, the game will still crash.

To put it simple, the motherfucker won’t let this car hit more than 216 kph no matter what.

5 Likes

@RaduST is right, I believe. The “waving” is just your car/AI bouncing at the rev limiter.

The game crashing once your gearing gets too long is a bug that seems to happen on any long enough straight with a forward slope. I have reported this to the devs, so hopefully the next version might fix it.

I’m shooting for this weekend.

4 Likes

but it’s different on every car though?
as i said, i tried it with a different car. but that car exceeded the speed limit no problem…
my DBR car… i still need to tinker with it. i might have submitted a car that crashes on it.

@RaduST I mean, he is doing something wrong if that happens in every track :stuck_out_tongue: (specially in flat tracks, such as ATT or Airfield)

I away from my pc, and I really wish to test my car in that track.

1 Like

#WELCOME TO THE 1965 DALNIT AUTO SHOW

Voting is open until 17:00 on 25.08.2016. Your vote may be counted if you’re a little bit late, but I give no guarantees. Everybody is welcome to vote, whether you are taking part in this challenge or not. The top three positions will gain a “cheering crowds” bonus to their time in the races to follow, so choose wisely. You are allowed to vote for yourself, but only once for any one car (including your own, obviously). I reserve the right to Bring The Pain if something looks fishy. The first poll is for 5 points, second for 3 points and third for 1 point.

The pace cars are included in the poll, but I myself will not vote for either of them because I’m running the show. Theres plenty of excellent cars to choose from :slight_smile:

It should go without saying, but all the ribbing in the comments is intended in good fun. I liked all the cars very much, especially because there were so many different approaches.

#MORE LIKE GUIDELINES, ANYWAY

@RK38 DHB Motorsports (Kai Jung-Ho, Hyoun Jin-Ho)
Pic
954kg, 37 drivability, Medium tires (105/145)

The DHB 330B Rallye certainly looks the part. It’s got big, aggressive lights at the front and racing stripes on top and on the sides. It’s clearly built for a hard life with a ladder chassis and McPherson struts. The pushrod I4 in the rear makes 115hp and that, unfortunately, was not enough to put the car anywhere near the fastest lap times in the qualification. Even more damning is the fact that the engine is built to drink Super Leaded 98 fuel, earning the DHB 330B Rallye a disqualification. It is worth mentioning that the car, at $8100, is almost 20% under budget, suggesting that it had the potential to reach for higher spots.

@JohnWaldock JHW (Vincent McLaughlin, Mutahi Kamaru)
Pic
753.1kg, 34 drivability, Hard tires

The JHW Lynx, in spite of the modest 102hp generated by its SOHC V6 engine, is reasonably quick around the track. Aluminium panels and a FWD setup help keep the weight down and the white coupe body is every bit as aerodynamic as it is pretty. The car could have been even lighter without advanced safety features, but with a high comfort rating, good offroad capabilities and a reasonably good drivability, that may have subtracted something from the premium GT image. Ultimately it isn’t the weight that is the problem. Engine reliability is the lowest of the group and what is worse, the car showed up on the starting line on illegal, 155mm wide front tires.

@MrChips (Incognito)
Pic
923.4kg, 37.1 drivability, Hard tires

The CMW GT-Rallye Exp looks like it would be right at come on any racing circuit in the world, and perhaps not so much mucking about in the… in the muck. Underneath the sporty coupe body, however, is a formidable rally car. Its 1.95l OHC V6 (unmuffled) is reliable and puts out a good 149hp. The hydropneumatic suspension system has a cost to reliability and weight, but offers good comfort and offroad performance in spite of a standard, fairly low quality interior. Unfortunately the car runs on Super Leaded 98 fuel, earning it a swift disqualification.

@Lordred (Incognito)
Pic
1027.8kg, 28.5 drivability, Medium tires

The Comstar X4-120r earns its disqualification with a triple whammy of illegal fuel, exceeded budget and a name that neither complies with the scheme nor actually has its creator in it anywhere. Aside from those deficiencies and, in my personal opinion, the color, the car is good looking and solidly engineered. A 2 litre OHV I4 sits in the bay, putting out 126hp with a good reliability. A manual locker assists with offroad capabilities, which are on the higher side of the group. Weight, unfortunately, is also high and drivability rather on the low side. It seems that with some money saved - possibly in part by using long tubular headers instead of race headers and the engine engineered to use standard fuel, the Comstar could have been quite fast on the rougher tracks.

@dude44 ANDROMEDA Industries (T.J. Cashalot, M.D. Breakall)
Pic
1001.5kg, 38.5 drivability, Medium tires

The ANDROMEDA Industries Liberty reaches quite a high ranking in qualifying, which is perhaps not so impressive considering the car is 30% over the allowable budget. Liberty, indeed. The bottom end parts of the 1.8 DOHC V6 engine making 161hp are seriously over engineered, contributing $500 to the price with just the final three quality points. Magnesium wheels, a four seat premium interior and a very high quality standard radio are other factors likely to have contributed to the price. With a manual locker, hydropneumatic suspension and ride height stretched as far as the suspension will go, the car has the highest offroad rating of the group, which may have been significant had it been within the rules.

#SLOW AND STEADY FAILS TO QUALIFY

@Fayeding_Spray Team 642 (Fiorentina Liljeström, Emiliano Frediani)
Pic
1039.5kg, 24.4 divability, Hard tires

The first thing that comes to mind looking at the Alpatti 642 Rallye is that it’s quite big. Perhaps it’s the white color which catches the eye, perhaps the long sloping roof line. But it’s big. And heavy. The car is built on a steel space frame with steel panels and a cast iron engine. Advanced safety features, while they could come in handy during travels at speed, add even more weight. The car’s 1.9l OHC V6 engine looks absolutely minuscule tucked away in the back of the engine bay and unfortunately, at 108hp, is unable to make it go very fast. It also compromises the final score with relatively low reliability. Acceleration 0-100 takes almost 11 seconds, top speed is under 180km/h and poor cornering speeds do not help. The car is significantly under budget at $8500 and makes one wonder what could have been if some of that money had been put into the engine or some weight savings.

@stm316 Godhap & Whent (Samuel Godhap, John Smith)
Pic
941kg, 40.6 drivability, Hard tires

The Seax 4M-1600GT appears very promising at first for anyone wanting to go fast. It’s painted a very quick red color and boasts rally lights and an enormous rear wing. It’s got a monocoque chassis and double wishbones front and back. The wheel arches are flared out, the rear light setup makes you mouth the words “Alfa Romeo” in a hopeful fashion and you generally want to give it a go on the track. Which turns out to be a really bad idea because you’ll be there for a very long, slow time. The 1.66l pushrod I4 in this car makes a remarkable 65.3 horsepower and the remarkable thing about that is it makes the car the slowest in this lineup by quite a long margin. Very high reliability is what saves the score a bit but is ultimately not enough to qualify. Godhap & Whent? More like Sutton & Staid.

@Puffster ABR (Puffster?, Morten?)
Pic
658.5kg, 34.9 drivability, Sport tires

You can recognose the ABR Whippersnapper first and foremost by the noise it makes. And I don’t mean the sound, I mean the volume. The DOHC I4 under the hood has never known the touch of a muffler and anyone sitting in or near the car for any length of time will not know the sound of a whisper for days to come. The engine is otherwise solid, generating a very respectable 160hp with low reliability only due to the race intake setup. Continuing with the list of things this car doesn’t have - it doesn’t have a radio, the seats don’t have any padding, the safety features don’t have any quality to them and the engine doesn’t have any cooling. Okay, the engine has a little bit of cooling, about half of what one would need to get the full reliability out of the tech if one wanted to qualify in a reliability oriented challenge. It’s a pity - all the other omissions and the fiberglass body make this car incredibly light and very fast, so if the reliability weren’t so low (and if the driver were to be blessed with some earplugs and a pillow to sit on) the Whippersnapper could have been a very serious contender.

@Speedemon Woodley Racing Team (Martin Judicaёl, Garey Carol)
Pic
921.4kg, 38.6 drivability, Hard tires

The Woodley iCR 110 doesn’t have any glaring weak points, but unfortunately doesn’t perform quite well enough in several categories to make it into the final fourteen. The weight is kind of high, with an all steel body, and 110hp from the 1.95l OHC I4 is kind of low for moving that around. Engine reliability is a bit low and a very basic interior eats into the comfort score, even though a hydropneumatic suspension wins a little bit back. The car is good off road, though, and the looks are well thought out. Perhaps opting for long tubular instead of racing headers and putting that money into weight reduction or more power might have helped in gaining a higher score.

@TR8R First Order Automotive (Black, White)
Pic
727.3kg, 43.4 drivability, Medium tires (105/145)

I’ve always thought big cats were good at sneaking up on things. Well, not this one. The Snow Leopard is another representative of the Never Muffled school of thought. Though the noise cannot be good for comfort and the interior is pretty basic, the hydropneumatic suspension is soothing enough to make the car fairly tolerable to sit in and in spite of the RR setup, drivability is high. Surprisingly, although mufflers have been considered dead weight, the car lugs around advanced safety features with no compromises made in quality. The DOHC V6 engine in the back generates a solid 140hp and whisks the light little car around at a very good pace. Unfortunately not quite fast enough to compensate for the wretchedly low reliability. While the front end of the car looks good, I suspect the back end might have been designed at a company drinking event in a game of “pin the tail light”.

@Sillyworld ADM (Dante Oliveira, Jorge Diaz)
Pic
983.9kg, 39.9 drivability, Medium tires

Robust is the word. The ADM Villa '65 Rally Car weighs in at almost a ton of galvanised steel, struts and leaf springs. Owing to that, it has a bit of difficulty going around corners, but one gets the impression that’s entirely the point. That the car has really been built to go through obstacles rather than around. The front crash bars further reinforce this. The 125hp pushrod I4 in the engine bay continues the theme of being simple and reliable, even in spite of the race intake. It also generates even more sound than the previous car, but is limited right at the peak of the powerband, so some performance seems to have gone missing. Raising the RPM limiter by some 500 would have garnered more than 5 points in performance index for a moderate 0.4 point loss in reliability. Considering the budget constraints, race exhaust headers could perhaps have been sacrificed for other benefits.

#IN A CLOUD OF FLYING GRAVEL, TOWARDS THE PODIUM

@abg7 Kramer Motorsport Developments (Mike Stone, Frank Harper)
Pic
880.5kg, 43.6 drivability, Medium tires

A rather plain looking little car, the Kramer K216 manages to fight itself into the final qualifying spot by being reasonably spritely around the track, quite reliable and very comfortable. It would be a strong and steady all rounder if not for the lowest offroad score across the board, possibly a risky choice for the long journey ahead. The 1.8l DOHC I4 engine puts out just 104hp and takes very little sips of fuel doing so. The car runs an open differential, a curious choice as it comes in under budget at just $9900. A manual locker would have fit in without requiring any other changes and would have significantly improved the poor offroad score. Interestingly, while the car is not built to be very lightweight in general, with steel panels, 4 seat premium interior and entertainment and advanced safety, unsprung mass has been addressed via magnesium wheels.

@4LGE Tare (Walker Pierce, Kai Gonhan)
Pic
959.0kg, 37.9 drivability, Hard tires

The Tare Pratinum is a stunner, from the outside and especially from within. It has an eye catching boiled egg yolk yellow livery with racing stripes and a big yellow wing at the back. And on the inside, it has a four seat luxury interior which isn’t quite top notch in quality, but still well made. Pulling this lavish lounge along the road are 118 averagely thirsty horses from a 1.94l OHC I6. And going off the map, progress is assisted by a 4x4 system with an automatic locker and a rugged skidtray to protect the underside. While rather on the slow side in pure track performance, driver comfort and strong offroad stats may help this car rise to new heights once the going gets tough.

@oppositelock Grey-Skies Motorsports (Simon Grey, Alex Skies)
Pic
791.4kg, 27.7 drivability, Hard tires

Painted in a stealthy matte green, the Grey-Skies GSI Aquila RS is built to blast along ratty sideroads, camo style. Both the body panels and the 150hp 1.8l DOHC I6 engine are made from aluminium, keeping the total weight down and allowing for relatively good cornering speeds. Amongst strong ratings all around, especially when it comes to offroad performance, and a solid time around the test track in qualifying, engine reliability is on the low side and may be a source of some lost time in the endurance stages. Fuel consumption is on the low side of the group.

@Madrias Storm Raceworks Division (John Storm, Brian Shade)
Pic
772.4kg, 34.7 drivability, Hard tires

Storm Raceworks Division have unleashed a monster in the Storm Demon GRX. Clad in yellow and chrome, with bull bars, side pipes, rally lights and an absolutely enormous rear wing, the car shouts to the world that there is something significant going on under the hood. And it’s not lying. The 202hp V12 engine pushing this rocketship is the most powerful in the group by more than twenty ponies and manages to do so on a relatively low fuel consumption. To keep weight down, body panels are made from aluminium and to improve offroad performance, the differential can be manually locked. Considering that the engine is happy to spin the car’s wheels all the way through 4th gear, it seems an automatic locker may have been the better choice here, even if it had meant sacrificing the semi clad undertray and quality point in aerodynamics to the accountants. Our simulations suggest the car might have gained some drivability and erased about 2.3 seconds on the test track like this, at a cost of about 5 points in offroad stats. Nonetheless, the car is already among the fastest in the group and could well muscle itself higher from the 11th qualifying position in the days to come.

@lysambrias G+C Engineering (Ethan Irving, Clark Morrison)
Pic
678.5kg, 42.4 drivability, Hard tires

The Cascadia CS does not have a particularly intricate fixture design to it, but is painted the perfect color to give you massive mint chocolate chop ice cream cravings (happily I have some). The car is among the lightest in the group with an aluminium body and full aluminium 1.95l OHC V6 producing 145hp. Interestingly, the engineers have opted for a short cast exhaust header and standard air intake, trading some performance for less noise and money. Redline is set at peak power, likely in order to keep reliability high and fuel consumption is on the high side. The car is generally well set up, though I suspect that more aggressive camber settings and some additional suspension tuning (and possibly a higher redline, if it could be coaxed out without sacrificing reliability) may have made it even faster than it already is. The dedication to low weight is also evident in a set of magnesium wheels.

@AirJordan Smooth Motors (Angelo Smuthini, Juan Pablo Motorini)
Pic
712.3kg, 38.5 drivability, Medium tires

The Smooth Perlita S was the fastest non-pacecar around the test track in qualifying and shows solid ratings all around, with the notable exceptions of both engine and overall reliability. The cast iron DOHC V6 under the bonnet produces 146hp while drinking barely any fuel, but is not quite as reliable as one might wish for in spite of forged internals and high quality components. An automatic locker helps deliver the power to the ground and narrowly exceed the magical 200km/h barrier. Lightweight, quite powerful and well balanced, this car is one to watch for - unless it falls apart.

@thecarlover H.A. (Vladimir and Artyom)
Pic
1010.1kg, 34.7 drivability, Hard tires.

The chassis of the H.A. 250 Avtoralli is as simple as it can be. A ladder frame, solid axle in the rear and no steel spared to add strength. The result is a very heavy car, but also among the most reliable in the lineup and without equal when it comes to offroading. Under the hood sits a low fuel consumption 1.8l SOHC I4 with quality, fully forged components. The power output is fairly low at just 110hp, but suits well with the manual locker system without creating too much wheelspin. Interestingly, the underside of the car is semi clad for aerodynamic effect, rather than shielded for offroading. While outmatched on a race track, the H.A. may well come at the competition sideways, literally and figuratively, in the rough.

@Der_Bayer Bavarian Racing Crew (BRC) (Walter Röhrl, Herbert Marecek)
Pic
773.0kg, 38.6 drivability, Hard tires

The BAM Paginza 620 Sport instantly catches the eye with its polished good looks. It raises the question, perhaps, how well a gran tourer coupe can be suited to climb the rocks in a dry riverbed in the backwoods. The answer is - very. Underneath the sleek shape lurks a solidly engineered, light endurance rally car with reliability, comfort and offroad ratings all near the top of the group. The 1.95l OHC I6 engine is set back towards the middle of the car for a better weight distribution and produces 121hp. This puts track time rather on the slow side compared to more powerful competitors and is only mediocre on fuel consumption. However, driver fatigue and hard terrain on the long journey are not so easy to quantify, so the Paginza may just have some suprises up its sleeve.

@HowlerAutomotive Gnoo Motorki Dadspeed PACE CAR (Harold Gnoo, Daitnerov Boltz)
Pic
671.7kg, 43.1 drivability, Medium tires

The little green Gnoo Tadpole is a balancing act between speed, comfort and offroad capabilities. To make it lighter, the car body is made from aluminium and the engine is transversely mounted to drive the front wheels. There has only been space for a 1.65l DOHC V6 in the bay, but the little powerplant manages to produce 157 horses and fuel consumption is low. While the engine is strong and trusty, overall reliability is the second lowest in the group. A hydropneumatic suspension system makes the ride smoother and helps off road, but is partly responsible for the lower reliability. The car shows very good times on the track, time will tell whether it is rugged enough to do so when it’s up to its headlights in sand.

@stensen Wiseman (Wiseman Senior, Edgar Kapatisominov)
Pic
790.5kg, 40.1 drivability, Hard tires

The Wiseman 4x4 is a very smooth looking white coupe which, true to its name, is four wheel drive and thus well at home on both smooth and rough surfaces. It is propelled by a front-mid 1.95 OHC V6 engine producing 129hp, which is generally well engineered, though fuel economy is just mediocre. Body panels have been made from aluminium to save weight and weight distribution is not far from perfect. A high quality premium interior has also fit into the budget, earning the car very high points for comfort. The suspension system is hydropneumatic, further assisting with comfort and offroad ratings. Overall reliability, remarkably, remains quite good.

@RaduST Apulum Automobile (Cpt. Constantin “Bâzu” Cantacuzino, Cpt. Alexandru “Alecu” Șerbănescu)
Pic
732.6kg, 40.9 drivability, Sport tires

The headlight arrangement of the Apulum Gerula seems to promise a sporty little car, and indeed the front wheel drive coupe is very nimble on the road. A 1.95 OHC V6 engine has fit sideways into the bay and produces a formidable 147hp, though fuel consumption is high. With weight on the driven wheels, an automatic locker has been omitted in favour of a manual locker and wheelspin remains manageable. The savings in money from the simpler drivetrain have been poured into the cabin, where one finds a sport interior and premium radio. Ratings are therefore good for both offroading and comfort, though the latter is somewhat compromised by the complete lack of mufflers. It should be noted that a 0.5" larger diameter exhaust with two baffled mufflers would not have taken the car over budget, yet would have provided 2.7 points of extra comfort and two more horsepower. Granted, the car would have been about 3kg heavier as a result and 0.02 seconds slower around the test track.

@Faintingh Sikora-Racing (Jakub Sikora, Viktor Stejskal)
Pic
875.2kg, 43.6 drivability, Hard tires

Thankfully the original Grid had not yet been released in 1965, so other drivers cannot possibly mistake the Ravencraft Colibri DBR Special for something called Ravenwest and ram them off the road at first sight with extreme prejudice.

Where was I? Right. The Colibri’s suspension setup is fairly sporty with double wishbones front and back, but the body panels are made from steel, which does add a noticeable amount of weight. An undersquare 1.8l DOHC V6 sits in the engine bay, drinking barely any fuel and producing 150hp in return. Surprisingly, the RPM limiter interferes 700RPM before peak power and the highest performance index could be gained 1500RPM from the current limiter, though at a significantly worse reliability. The latter seems to have been the grounds for this choice, but I believe there would be a more effective way to set up the bore/stroke ratio for a compromise between performance and reliability. Even with the steel panels, the car weighs in at under 900kg, which is not too bad, but track times are in the slower half of the pack. One factor which may play into this is the cooling capacity built into the car, which is about two and one third times what the engine needs. Overall reliability and engine reliability are very good and a solid offroad rating is likely to come in handy.

@DeusExMackia Erin Motorsport (Andrew Sell (GBR), Jan-Bart Vedder (NDL))
Pic
779.1kg, 39.9 drivability, Medium tires

The rallye Erin Merna Touring 1800R is set up with double wishbones and aluminium body panels. The 1.8 SOHC I4 in the engine bay produces a modest 113hp with a low fuel consumption and extremely high reliability. The engine is unmuffled - though it is not as ear shatteringly loud as some other cars in the lineup, the overall comfort rating is somewhat affected. The car has an automatic locker and offroad undertray. Lap time around the test track is relatively slow, but both engine and overall reliabilities are at the very top of the group. While the Erin Merna may not be the least likely car to crash, it is best set up to endure the consequences.

@HowlerAutomotive Howler Automotive PACE CAR (Torq Sidvusson, Hlanla Kanttinen)
Pic
704.6kg, 43.7 drivability, Sport tires

The Howler Prodigy DBR is all about lightweight performance. In addition to double wishbones and aluminium panels, a 2.1l OHV V12 engine has been fabricated to keep weight to a minimum while maximising power and torque. The engine produces 167hp, which is put to the ground through an automatic locker and 4x4 system. The car has no undertray, because they turned out to weigh too much and didn’t fit in the budget anyway. Comfort is rather on the low side and offroad rating at the rear of the pack, but performance around the test track is blisteringly quick. This made possible in part by the aggressive camber settings and sticky tires. Fuel consumption at peak power, meanwhile, is completely ludicrous and has earned the engine its name The Guzzly Bear.

@phale Adenine (Veronica Powell, Casey Schmidt)
Pic
823.7kg, 41.6 drivability, Hard tires

The chassis of the Adenine Ardent is set up with double wishbones all around and aluminium body panels. A 1.8l DOHC V6 sits in the front, producing 152hp at a very good fuel efficiency, and driving all four wheels. The Ardent is a very strong statement in terms of engineering, gaining good scores all across the board, including time around the test track. The latter, perhaps, in spite of the weight which is a bit higher than the average of the group. Performance at high speeds is assisted by low drag by way of a mellow aero setup for the wing and lip and performance around the corners by the fairly aggressive camber. Overall reliability is also very good.

@koolkei Team Cekat (Nokomu Hotoka, Nomu Matashi)
Pic
780.6kg, 33.3 drivability, Medium tires

The Klariat Lock is set up on a ladder frame with MacPherson struts up front and a coil solid axle in the rear. Body panels have been made from aluminium, helping achieve a total weight just below the average of all qualified cars. A 1.8l DOHC V6 sits in the front-mid position and produces a very impressive 181hp, making this the second most powerful competitor. The engine has mediocre fuel efficiency and only a single muffler, which leaves it rather loud and compounds to the car’s dreadful comfort rating. Drivability, also, is relatively low. On the flipside, aerodynamic efficiency is extremely good and average reliability very high. The Klariat is not the safest bet all-round as it has its downsides, but those are balanced with oodles of power, good offroad and track abilities and great reliability.

#MORE DATA

13 Likes

#VOTING FOR FIVE (5) POINTS

• abg7 / Kramer Motorsport Developments / Kramer K216
  • 4LGE / Tare / Tare Pratinum
  • oppositelock / Grey-Skies Motorsports / GSI Aquila RS
  • Madrias / Storm Raceworks Division / Storm Demon GRX
  • lysambrias / G+C Engineering / Cascadia CS
  • AirJordan / Smooth Motors / Smooth Perlita S
  • thecarlover / H.A. / H.A. 250 Avtoralli
  • Der_Bayer / Bavarian Racing Crew (BRC) / BAM Paginza 620 Sport
  • HowlerAutomotive / Gnoo Motorki Dadspeed / Gnoo Tadpole
  • stensen / Wiseman / Wiseman 4x4
  • RaduST / Apulum Automobile / Apulum Gerula
  • Faintingh / Sikora-Racing / Ravencraft Colibri DBR Special
  • DeusExMackia / Erin Motorsport / Erin Merna Touring 1800R
  • HowlerAutomotive / Howler Automotive / Howler Prodigy DBR
  • phale / Adenine / Adenine Ardent
  • koolkei / Team Cekat / Klariat Lock

0 voters

#VOTING FOR THREE (3) POINTS

0 voters

#VOTING FOR ONE (1) POINT

0 voters

11 Likes

Overlooking the muffler situation bugs me more than it should, now that you pointed it out.

Brilliant set of reviews, love it!

3 Likes

Greatly executed auto show!!! love it :smiley: and some really nice metal! Could’t place my car on top vote, it would be just unfair.

2 Likes

Very nice reading, just to defend myself, the ravenwest thingy is purely coincidental because I haven’t played any of the grid games and didn’t know that such a thing existed till now :smiley: well I guess we learn everyday… Anyway I think it is an unsaid rule not to vote on own car, so I hope we don’t have too egoistic competition :wink:

Ps. The all the fuel consumption made me rofl :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, it seems that I really don’t have a clue on how to make a carburetor engine decently economical. But in my defence Romania had copious amounts of petrol back then.

1 Like

i made the mistake of rushing and forgetting about the tyres. whoops, and reliability was my bane with that motor. well, at least it’s pretty.

Your writeups are honest and to the point. At least I used regular leaded fuel (which would have provided compatibility with 95RON unleaded fuel in the present day) and tires no wider or with more quality than were allowed, as well as being under budget. However, I am sure that adding a manual locker would have made my car more effective off-road as you have just stated.

It’s a shame some users misread the rules of eligibility, though. Moreover, I submitted an entry in an attempt to ask myself one key question: How well would a showroom-stock small coupe perform in such a challenge? It’s not the fastest, or the most capable off-road, but is quite economical, reliable and comfortable. However, if this were a pure tarmac race, I would retain the open diff and switch to sports tires, but that’s for another challenge. Being a metaphorical tortoise instead of a hare sometimes pays off, though…

2 Likes

just want to check I am not competing can I vote for the pretty cars too?

Does it surprise anyone that I’ve got 200+ horsepower and decent fuel efficiency?

Edit: Also, once the autoshow’s over, could you please replace the rotating .gif things with static pictures? I’m getting tired of my browser crashing, and it’s this tab that’s doing it.

no, cause u r running a dohc engine :stuck_out_tongue: gave you points for your amazing Styling though.

nice show, howler!

1 Like

@Madrias what browser are you running? I think your device might just not have the power(??)

Older version of Firefox. As for system specs, I’ll just say I know it’s not a lack of power.

1. this firefox addon, Toggle animated GIFs, seems to work pretty good. ctrl+m toggles the animations on and off.
  2. if you don’t want to install an addon, you can go to your browser configuration file. type about:config in the address bar and find the entry image.animation_mode. double click it and set its value to none. this should disable all GIF animations
1 Like