Dalnit-Bralka Rally 1965 [FINAL RESULTS!]

Does it surprise anyone that I’ve got 200+ horsepower and decent fuel efficiency?

Edit: Also, once the autoshow’s over, could you please replace the rotating .gif things with static pictures? I’m getting tired of my browser crashing, and it’s this tab that’s doing it.

no, cause u r running a dohc engine :stuck_out_tongue: gave you points for your amazing Styling though.

nice show, howler!

1 Like

@Madrias what browser are you running? I think your device might just not have the power(??)

Older version of Firefox. As for system specs, I’ll just say I know it’s not a lack of power.

1. this firefox addon, Toggle animated GIFs, seems to work pretty good. ctrl+m toggles the animations on and off.
  2. if you don’t want to install an addon, you can go to your browser configuration file. type about:config in the address bar and find the entry image.animation_mode. double click it and set its value to none. this should disable all GIF animations
1 Like

I’ve got that addon. Always forget to use it. Thank you for reminding me about it.

1 Like

:wink: :thumbsup:

Yes you can!

I thought so too when I first joined this site. But turns out the custom here is that voting for yourself is fine if allowed in the challenge rules (which it is, once). So knock yourself out :slight_smile:

1 Like

i did not expect my tutorial for gifcam to go back on me and bite me in the ass.
i couldn’t open this thread on my laptop or my phone due to the gifcam.
and even on my pc, all running, it’s taxing up to 80% proc power. welp
guess that .webm stuff isn’t all that optimized?

anyway, real good writeup. i forgot midway reading that i was supposed to look at the cars and pick them at the end. real nice job :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yup. it drained the battery on my S5+ like nothing else.

1 Like

At least I’m not the only one who had problems. Yeah, I don’t think the .webm stuff’s overly well optimized, so I’m not surprised it’s caused problems.

i wonder if it would have been the same if it was .gif? that format was designed in the 1970s for computer with MUCH less power. but the size though, would have been at least 5x more overall.

I like those reviews, but, seriously, you should’ve gone a bit harder on the G&W entry… it’s an absolute bucket of crap. I can’t think of any redeeming qualities, and I designed the damned thing!

1 Like

Probably would have been better as .gif, although I think the gifcam stuff’s one of those things done best in moderation. I think it’d be more tolerable, though the file sizes would have been awful for anyone using internet with data caps, or slower connection speeds.

As it is, I’ve made a temporary adjustment to some settings and, unfortunately, I had to make the decision between crashing every time this thread is opened, and blocking gifcam temporarily. Cool as it is when used in moderation, when a lot of it gets used, it consumes stupid amounts of system resources and causes the browser to crash.

Have to say I was as surprised as the rest of you to see how bad the images seem to be on resource. The gifs I uploaded to gfycat were generally 9-13mb a piece, which shouldn’t really be much in this day and age. But for some reason discourse doesn’t seem to be able to handle it.

I’m replacing the embedded images with links.

Thank you. I understand it’s more work on your end, but apparently the resource consumption causes all sorts of problems.

I’ve just been a silent follower of this, so I’ll just pop up out of nowhere :smile: I didn’t notice any problems with the images - both on Chrome for iOS and Chrome Canary for Windows as well as Edge. I don’t think Discourse is the issue.

You’re saying it’s this:

1 Like

heh, I don’t know what’s up but I looked really good. Shame we can’t have it anymore. Still, 9MB per gif is actually kind of a lot, so maybe some quality reduction is needed?

24 votes for 5 points, 19 for 3 and 20 for 1… what??? :confused:

1 Like