Dumb questions someone else might answer

I have a very specific one about winter tires.

I regularly see two versions of the same tire (i.e. Continental Wintercontact TS860 or Michelin Alpin 5)

• one of them speed index T (190 km/h)
  • the other speed index H (210 km/h)

How comes the difference? And, more important, is there ANY disadvantage to the 210km/h rated ones if theyre about the same price?

Iā€™d guess the only issue might be tire wear but Iā€™m no expert

They most likely use slightly different compounds in the tires themselves, with the latter being able to handle more heat and friction. They would just have the same design and tread length.

1 Like

Iā€™m indecisive as all hell so I want the forum to decide for me:

• 2005 Kia Opirus - 180k km - 200hp 3.5 - fully loaded
  • 2004 Saab 9-3 sedan - 260k km - 150hp 2.0 - base level

0 voters

This is probably my 4th car purchase this year

Why 4th car this year?

The issue I see with both of those cars (especially the Saab), is that they have quite high mileage.

If you want a car, any car with mileage lower than 150.000 km in Finland youā€™ll have to dish out at least 8000ā‚¬ probably, and thatā€™s the reason for your question actually, continuous downgrading cause gotta use money for something else than cars for once (kill meeeeeeeeee I went from a 2010 V40 to this)

Wut?! See cars sold in Poland for high mileageā€¦ Then youā€™ll know what ā€œhigh mileageā€ means :smiley: 180k is the value with which the dealers advertise their cars with falsed odometersā€¦ in reality having anything between 250-500k.

3 Likes

Dumb question over hereā€¦ is the downforce sliders in the U4 build enabled? or am I just doing something wrong?

Should only work with the downforce undertray. Semi and fully clad should never have had a downforce option, so thatā€™s been fixed.

2 Likes

What are those ugly rubber numberpad thingamajiggies some american cars have above the doorhandle?

This has been bugging me for years

combination lock i believe.

Those are a primitive keyless entry pad used by Fords (although many new ones still have them, but in touch screen format).
Each individual car has a specific code to unlock the doors, but the lock code is always 5-6 and 9-0.
I know that as my Tauruses both had it.

Thatā€™sā€¦ interesting

Remote locking by just the press of a button on the key seems a lot faster and easier

I thought it was just a gimmick. Also a backup in case you lock your keys in your car.

1 Like

Beats screwdrivers and a coat hanger. Or a crowbar if youā€™re taking an extreme measure.

2 Likes

Why did a lot of cars intended for the US market in the mid to late 90ā€™s and early 00ā€™s have that weird gold-ish plastic cladding

1. You forget the Ford Explorer of the time.
  1. Because 90s.
1 Like

Hey, thatā€™s my Subaru! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a trend of the time, I guess. Dark green or burgundy with beige/gold cladding was just a thing.

Indeed!ā„¢ My Turbo Coupe, SHO, and both Lincolns had them. The combination is ā€œhiddenā€ someplace special in case you forget it.

1 Like

The 90s were so golden that they had to coat everything else on gold cladding to reflect it, I guess. At least if ā€œ90s kidsā€ are to be believed.

2 Likes