Engine Bay Volume

Hi fairly new here but I’m having fun with the game. One thing that bothers me is it really seems like a lot of cars can’t fit hardly anything engine wise. For most designs a small 4 cylinder is about all that will fit. I was hoping for some trucks or some muscle cars capable of holding a 5+ Liter V8 which isn’t a large feat today but seems impossible for the cars in this game. Maybe I’m just doing something wrong but that’s just what it’s seeming like to me

As long as you’re not trying to do it transverse, it should be easy. Longitudinally with a massive bore and short stroke might also not work in some small bodies. But just about everyone here has made 6+ liter engines that fit in at least one body.

Now, the small Not-MR2 body can’t take a big engine in any direction, so if you’re trying on that one, maybe use one of its bigger siblings instead.

Another area to look out for is the suspension type and drivetrain type. McPherson strut uses less engine bay room than double wishbone and 4WD/transverse FWD uses more room than RWD.

And at the moment some AWD gearboxes are awkwardly placed making them impossible for smaller hatch body types. And the transverse gearbox scales a bit too large, limiting engine size too, but that’s being fixed.

And, how can I set the engine bay size in a body?

Only way to change the size of the engine bay would be to do some lua editing.

But that could be considered cheating, and it might cause weirdness when sharing cars.

[quote=“trackpaduser”]Only way to change the size of the engine bay would be to do some lua editing.

But that could be considered cheating, and it might cause weirdness when sharing cars.[/quote]

Is because I’m making a test body, and I don’t find the engine bay size.