Engine Designer Issues, Build 1106

Whenever I attempt to move the quality slider Before using any settings in the menus the game automatically crashes, This bug replicates itself for me each and every time so im sure you guys can reproduce it to get the problems, I believe it was a String error. -joe

what does the error say?

Screenshot it please and then crop it down so it shows the message please :slight_smile:

Affirmative i will do that shortly.

Just encountered the exact same bug. Open the engine designer for a new engine, click and drag the Quality slider, and the game throws a LUA error. ‘Retry’ just causes a crash, while ‘Cancel’ closes the game.

The exact error message:

[code]---------------------------
Lua Error:

Step() failed!: [string “–Due to the internal maths bending the lim…”]:2474: attempt to index field ‘LastListBox’ (a nil value)

Retry Cancel

[/code]

For reference, I’m on Win XP SP3 32-bit.

Known and now fixed, next patch will sort it :slight_smile:

Efficient as ever, thanks mate. :slight_smile:

I smell some german efficiency here but I could be wrong

Hi everyone,

I preordered a long time ago and I have been enjoying the game since then.

However since this last built I am experiencing problems. It crashes often while building engines usually while trying to change settings on parameters of the engine. Also for some reason it has much degraded visuals and sometimes barely anything can be seen at all.

Since I saw this thread and this is my first post, I didn’t feel like making a whole new thread.

[size=85]PS. I think the game is brilliant, keep up the good work![/size]

OK, the crashing when changing things on the engine sounds like you’ve got a broken install, an uninstall, a run of Automation Cleaner (found here viewforum.php?f=16) and a reinstall will fix that.

Nothing should have changed graphics wise, maybe just check the graphics settings and make sure they haven’t changed? (also post a screenshot of what it looks like)

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]OK, the crashing when changing things on the engine sounds like you’ve got a broken install, an uninstall, a run of Automation Cleaner (found here viewforum.php?f=16) and a reinstall will fix that.

Nothing should have changed graphics wise, maybe just check the graphics settings and make sure they haven’t changed? (also post a screenshot of what it looks like)[/quote]

I have done what you told me to do and it seems it doesn’t crash now.

However when fidling with the car and engine designer I see what is attached very often. Do you know what the problem may be?