Engine swaps-what do you like?and where would you put it?

This is back eh?

Well then in that case, a Toyota 2GR into a Corolla. :wink:

1 Like

BMW S85 V10 in a 240z

oh wait… www.youtube.com/bisforbuild

jokes aside, I’d love to see just about anything in a GT86, they’re really the perfect platform for cool swaps!
The best part is, people have done everything! S85 V10, Ferrari 4.5 V8, 1J or 2J, I even heard of a Porsche Flat 6!

• GT86 with a 3S-GTE from a Caldina GT-FOUR (ST246). The ideal engine for me: 4 cylinder, turbo, and not so heavy. And good running costs.

• 1.2 DiG-S (supercharged 3-cylinder engine from the K13 Micra, and E12 Note) Micra K11. I love that kind of experiments. A lightweight engine, with factory supercharger. You can change a few things, and get a decent amount of power. And if course, the gearbox fitted with a helical LSD.

• SR20VET Primera P10 eGT, with AWD. You can scare nowadays hot hatches with this.

• VK45DD F31 Leopard coupé: oh yeaah!

And of course, with a chassis tweaked to digest all that power, and more! A balanced car is the key.

13B-REW or R26B in pretty much anything. Gotta love rotary. Also love RB26-DETT swaps.

In terms of what I dislike, LS swaps, or any American thumping V8. Don’t like the engine note. Would prefer a Ferrari F1X or Euro V8.

If I hadn’t rebuilt my flat four, I would stick a Honda B series on my car.

Also my actual dream project is a street legal Super Saloon style Brasilia with a engine and gearbox from a Impreza mounted at the rear (mid engine)

But before that, you’ll find me at the garage building a Lotus Seven replica with a chevette engine (and everyting else)
or this:

2 Likes

13B-MSP in a W10 MR2.

• VR38DETT 2010 Mustang GT
  • 4-Rotor Corvette C6
  • LSX454 Chevelle 454
  • Mazda LS-7
1 Like

Delet this

1 Like