Erin and ErinSport - Historical Thread ['62 Erin Ghaleda]

@phale Haven’t switched to the open beta yet, not sure how that might affect the car?

@ramthecowy Your customer satisfaction comment has been recorded and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!

@Deskyx I’m sorry, I didn’t realise! Shall have a look now though.

1 Like

But you were the first one to comment on it when it came out :smile:

Ahh! I remember now! Yes, I did indeed like the Rift. Interesting how well our cars match up despite the slightly different body styles.

Nice! Rear end looks great but that front is not something I like much. Good to see a compact premium sedan - I have a competitor for my car :slight_smile: And ouch, X 3.3 is more powerful than my Luna Z Sportivo. But heavier (and moar expensive), so about as fast. It will be interesting comparison :slight_smile: And I like all the marketing, naming, options and features. But why the cars’ prices are in dollars and features’ prices in pounds?

Yeah, I thought the front might be a talking point. Decided to be bold and just go for it :stuck_out_tongue:
The X 3.3 is meant to compete alongside German sports saloons (eg BMW M3, Audi RS4, Mercedes C63 etc) so I don’t know how the Sportivo fits into that?
And honestly, no idea. I’m used to writing the pound sign when ever I’m dealing with money values, but the car values were copied from the Markets page in-game, hence I used the dollar sign (that was also to make it easier to compare against its rivals, who all use dollars for their pricing too). I could go and update the prices and convert them into dollars but…is it really worth it? :grin: Just think of those prices as guidlines for what the optional extras might cost in real life.

As always, nice presentation of the models :slight_smile:
This makes me wish my car companies were not stuck in the 70s :joy:

1 Like

Erin Tauga seems more premium then C3 and Prova , somehow target towards Auxuras ITL , that 3.3L V6 badass is a beast.

RWD Tauga which overall is cheaper then the FWD ITL , i am sold.

@Sillyworld Thank you very much. I do my best :wink:

@Yamahafazer600 That’s pretty much it. Think of it as the link between you’re average, low price compact and a more high price one (eg BMW, Mercedes etc).

And I didn’t notice that! Trying to make the RWD thing the real USP of the Tauga so thanks for picking up on that!

Well, Z Sportivo is aimed at sth like Audi RS3 or Merc A45 AMG (and will be only as a 3dr hatchback-coupe). Sedan will be available in a less powerful Sportivo trim - sth on Audi S3 level.

1 Like

Beautifully presented and well-argued pitch. As you might expect from Erin Motor Company, and quite a bold move to release all variants in one go. Although I’m not quite sure too many people would be cross shopping the C3 and Prova against this given its premium RWD positioning.

As others have said it’s almost more like something for the compact luxury niche. In that segment, it’s a very tempting offering over the all-new FWD Auxuras ITL. I really need to speed up the release of Maesima’s luxury brand to give this some more competition :wink:

Oh, yeah one question are those fuel economy figures in MPG Imperial or US MPG?

4 Likes

@szafirowy01 Sounds good. Mine’s definetley above that!

@Rk38 Thank you for your comments, most appreciated! The MPG figures are UK based so MPG Imperial.

1 Like

That is a pretty sick Sedan you can buy today , i can imagine Saminda and Erin are still partners even today , we might make ironman cars :smile:

@Rk38 Quick! i am waiting for your luxury brand !

3 Likes

Thank goodness for a moment I was wondering how you had such powerful engines and outstanding fuel economy! :joy:

@Starfish94 Get ready Auxuras!

2 Likes

@Starfish94 I certainly hope they are. At least good friends, if not still cooperating with one another.

@Rk38 They could be better, but trying to squeeze more efficiency out of them starts to impact other aspects of the car. Not worth it in my opinion!

Yeah, we felt the same which part of the reason why we couldn’t quite match the C3 in efficiency.

1 Like

Might be Saminda’s i-VIC engines and CVT. Although i really want Saminda to bulit cars like Erin and Maesima , Saminda are just dull boring compared to both of this brand.

When i look at what the Prova and Tauga offers , C3 is like a car my dad would love , and not to say CVT transmission.

In my opinion the Tauga is the one I would buy over its rivals, since it was clearly designed and built by engineers instead of accountants more than anything else in its class.

1 Like

@abg7 That most certainly is high praise! Thank you!

Though adding on to @Yamahafazer600, even if Saminda’s are designed to fill gaps in the market, they’re probably designed far more efficiently. Whereas they probably develop a platform and then build a number of different cars on said platform - hence saving a lot on development costs - every car Erin makes is built around its own bespoke chassis. It means each car is technically engineered better, but it means that development times are greatly increased and costs are much higher.

2 Likes

Sounds just like IMP lol.

You have a point. Building a platform for each model may not always be the best approach financially in the lite campaign as it is now, especially on higher difficulty settings. I would rather create a few scalable platforms, each supporting multiple models, to amortize development costs.