F80 M3 Engine?

Nobody has said the obvious so I will: How about that massive amount of lag? Or the, idk, ~20lbs of boost? If I had to guess they were making another I6TT, I’d say it’d be around 3.5L, DI is almost ensured, no more than 12 psi (that’s 0.8ish bar), and no lag, especially not one that takes it from 100hp-300hp in a couple hundred RPM.

I know the game doesn’t allow you to have twin turbos, so you’re not going to replicate the lack of lag accurately, but having 20psi doesn’t really help that.

[quote=“BeefSupreme”]Nobody has said the obvious so I will: How about that massive amount of lag? Or the, idk, ~20lbs of boost? If I had to guess they were making another I6TT, I’d say it’d be around 3.5L, DI is almost ensured, no more than 12 psi (that’s 0.8ish bar), and no lag, especially not one that takes it from 100hp-300hp in a couple hundred RPM.

I know the game doesn’t allow you to have twin turbos, so you’re not going to replicate the lack of lag accurately, but having 20psi doesn’t really help that.[/quote]

Thanks, I’m new to turbos, so I wasn’t sure how to configure it correctly. I might have to wait to see the new M3’s engine, and for the game to have twin turbos :confused:

Why not give it a ultimate unleaded fuel and see how high you can get your compression ratio without destroying the whole thing that should free up some bhp mayb try vvt as well so that you can get a big leap of power when you need it with out killing all the torque.

guess BMW will implement Valvetronic (VVT), well at least thats my guess
VANOS (VVL) will be there for sure

prolly will run on 95RON in EU thats for sure

Remember all cars nowadays have an ecu which will regulate (lower it usually) the torque to make it flatter and effectively last longer, thats how manufacturers are able to quote xxx Ibft @ xxxx - xxxx RPM. Thats something we can’t simulate without tweekable maps (hinthintnudgenudge).

Well I was close guessing 450; its 430bhp

autoblog.com/2013/09/25/2015 … de-review/

id say 430 is easily obtainable with their current 3L inline 6. shit the new mercedes a class is getting 352hp out of a 2L. 172bhp/l not to shabby AMG.