{DEADLINE?} [FINAL SUBMISSIONS OPEN] Retro Racers: a race car - road car design challenge

And here’s what i’m thinking of submitting for the 90’s

(yes, the IRL thing was built until the 90´s and it did compete in Dakar)

7 Likes

The 1979 Markley Palamino SST coupe
Your typical pony car fitted with a 4.8 litre V8, a five speed manual, beefed up suspension, four wheel disc brakes, and of course essential decal package.

And for the racing version, the Palamino Turbo Coupe set up for IMSA All American GT series. With a wide body kit to hold the massive tires, stripped out interior, high strung turbocharged V8, and a host of sponsorship decals.

8 Likes

incoming call
“hello?”
“oh shit i forgot, illl tell them”
“i’ll remind them that yes”
end call

Ok its your fun reminder time!!

YOU HAVE 24 BEFORE FEEDBACK SUBMISSIONS CLOSE
YES, 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU GET VERBALLY ABUSED BY US (its already happening, nobody is safe)

as stated in my previous reminder, you can still enter if you miss the feedback deadline, your car just wont be verbally abused critiqued by us before final submissions open.

remember, you can always buy a win
^^this is not true, do not send me money in my dms, i will kindly accept it and then proceed to fail you

have fun!!!1!!!1!1!!!

:wink:

3 Likes

Captain Indecision reporting

Please feel free to ignore the two or more you dislike the most

90s tarmac rally car, If you put a gun to my head I'd probably submit this one, as it's at least vaguely compliant with Super 2000 rules

(CSR151)
Currently FWD powered by a NA 2,0L.
Possible final form: AWD Turbo WRC or RWD Touring Car

70s Rallycross/tarmac rally dead horse

Comes with Flat 6 engines from 2,5 to 6,9 liters capacity

80s Touring Car barely started, but some bloke in a shed at least put on some sort of bodykit

…that looks terrible and should be restarted

3 Likes

1995 Mara Asteri 2.0 LSE & 2 Litre World Rally Cup Kit Car

Dr. Jekyll (to be entered into a future LHC6 round perhaps)

Mr. Hyde (based on CSR 151 and to be entered into the THRS season 4 without the extra headlights)

3 Likes

ayo wassup boiz, its yo freindly ol remindah here just checkin in because word on the street is

YOU HAVE 3 HOURS
YES, ONLY 3 HOURS
SO STOP PROCRASTINATING AND SUBMIT YOUR DAMN CAR BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
although it might be for the better if you dont make the feedback round…

Remember, you can still submit cars after/during feedback but it wont be prejudged before final submissions close, so your car wont have the advantage of getting flamed halfway to hell critiqued by the judges beforehand.

that being said, dont let this turn you away because you can still be just as competetive as some others, or even better, depending on your skill.

1 Like

Incoming call
“Hello?”
“SHIT I FORGOT”
“SORRY SORRY I KNOW YES ILL TELL THEM”
Call end

Alrighty, coming a full HOUR LATE
i am here to announce

FEEDBACK SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
The clock is ticking, you have very little time before your inevitable fate

5 Likes

it is with sad news that I have to announce that I have lost motivation in this challenge and will be giving up on it.
APRIL FOOLS
i totally fooled you didn’t I

Anyways, time for some demoralizing very helpful feedback!

Since we have 5 judges in total, I cant fit all of the feedback on this one post, so I put it in a google doc.
I also didn’t have time to get all feedback together (there is a loot), so we’re only doing 5 people for now, more to come later

The people that have been abused critiqued include:

@Riley
@DrDoomD1scord
@Sol-Apollo
@xsneakyxsimx
@Audi

Link: Feedback - Google Docs

Good luck!
you will need it

7 Likes

Good reviews, not as bad as I thought!

On behalf of the other LMH judges, we would appreciate it if you didn’t shamelessly copy our ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

image image

8 Likes

Apologies, not my brightest moment lol.
i’ll remove it

Just a bit of an update,

Suprisingly (or not), i have a life outside of automation, so ive been busy these past few days, and i wont be able to really do anything concerning this challenge this weekend, so i’ll be asking the judges to continue to add to the feedback doc, but for now, ill be relatively inactive here, so if you have any questions, dm any of the judges, as i might not respond as quickly.

thanks, hope to get back on track soon

-MP67

1 Like

just a heads up, there’s actually barely any pictures in the doc. on some entries you can see pictures with annotations and such, but you mostly can’t see what the entry being talked about looks like.

4 Likes

shit, good point. ill alert the judges.
don’t have time to edit rn

1 Like

Another suggestion in this case: If you could make the names of the submitters (or the cars) headings, they would appear in the outline on the left and make it easy to see whether ‘your’ review has appeared in the meantime or not.

3 Likes

Good submission feedback! :slight_smile:

Teeny weeny update:

i hope to get another round of feedback in by the end of the week, but i dont know if i can do it all. so, im going to make a poll: should we extend the deadline to the end of the month, or keep it as it is?

Extend the deadline?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Well, the verdict is in:

The new deadline is the end of the month. (4-30)

i hope to get the rest of feedback done by the end of the week

4 Likes

well, since it wasn’t ready on time for feedback…

1975 Milano Bianca 1200R

The 1975 Bianca 1200R, based on Milano’s smallest city car, brings rally heritage to the masses. Weighing in at just 656 kg, with a 70 bhp engine, it’s a true sports car in a tiny package.

Road Car Specs
  • All aluminium 1200 cc DOHC I4
  • 70 bhp
  • 656.2 kg
  • Four-speed gearbox
  • Clutched limited-slip differential
  • Street tuned suspension
  • Minilite alloy rims with road tyres

The Bianca Rally takes it further, tuned to fully FIA rally specification, it will certainly dominate its class in the World Rally Championship.
Rally Car Specs
  • All aluminium 1200 cc DOHC I4
  • 95 bhp
  • 635.5 kg
  • Four-speed gearbox
  • Clutched limited-slip differential
  • Rally tuned suspension
  • Magnesium rims with rally tyres
  • Full roll-cage

Gallery

9 Likes

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT

Due to the fact that the deadline is in 3 days and feedback isnt out yet, im going to implement a more dynamic deadline. whenever feedback is (finally) finished, contestants will have 10 days to finish their car. this way, i dont have to keep bumping this dying challenge with updated deadlines.

thank you, im so sorry for how long this is taking, i chose the worst possible time to create this challenge and theres not much i can do about it.
i will try to finish feedback this weekend, but even i dont know if i can
-MP67

5 Likes