[FINISHED] CSR 102 - A Free Decision

GMI T-Star 106

A car that was worth the wait.

6 Likes

by not putting unrealistic parts on it… or spamming quality

3 Likes

To be fair, a turbocharger is going to add undesirable service costs so may not be reasonable despite being within the rules.

1 Like

Yeah I went negative quality on some parts and it still went bad. Unless you use OHV, then it works. But that’s not a viable option.

1 Like

i used sohc 2v with an all aluminium engine

2 Likes

Didn’t work for me, don’t know why. No weird parts or anything.

CSC8 - Kyuu77 - Auriga Proof of Concept.car (39.6 KB)

Ignore the car itself, it’s just for exporting purposes.

That Engine took 13 minutes to build, put in a car and export, you can do one in the deadline.

1 Like

I must have done something stupid I guess. Oh whale, I’ll keep my nice tasty 1JZ straight six

1 Like

Ohhh…

/speaksinamericanboat

Let’s see if I submit it. It does contain greatness, in the form of 7L

8 Likes

Want to go undetected, MoyBu XTR. . No one will notice you…

2 Likes

I managed to fit in +5 quality on my interior
note - this was a comprimise as I couldn’t have standard interior, but could have basic with +5 - thought it would make up the difference

7L cup holders?
No really, just fine tune it and submit, I’m sure Ivo would love having the biggest (car) engine in Estonia

The CMT Astrona VI can look back to a proud row of succesful ancestors, all of them benchmarking midsize sedans.
The Astrona VI comes with the well-known excellent Astrona handling, partly aluminium panels, standerd catalytic converters for all engines and many other benefits.

For 1992, CMT proudly presents a new entry-level model. Why to go for it? It is reliable, affordable and leaves all superfluous things, but features everything needed for pure driving fun. Trust us, we know what we do with the Astrona since 1954.

The Astrona CE is happily awaiting you for a test drive at your local CMT dealer.

4 Likes

27 Likes

Although Audi engines between 1990 and 2000 were mostly iron block with aluminum heads, it still fits in. Aluminum engines were definitely a thing and Audi did use 2 valve engines very successfully up until 2000.
It is more than viable, since they even managed to comply to Euro2 standards.
I went for an iron 4, but you inspired me and i did develop a very nice aluminum V6. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am using iron block, aluminium head and three valves per cylinder in a two-liter engine.
This is a 1976 engine straight from my lore, and I had no real problem adapting it to the ET limit and getting acceptable performance and economy for my car.

Lol I tried… 5000 max RPM with all the torque somewhere around 2000RPM… Even all the power comes before 5000RPM. Made of full cast iron.

I chose an all-iron, single-cam, straight-six with a mild cam profile - all the torque comes early in the rev range - and low-friction pistons to aid efficiency. I also set the rev limiter at 6000 rpm since the power peak is just after 5000.

I also noticed that the material cost and ET limits make it (almost) impossible to squeeze in a multilink rear suspension. Then again, considering that such a setup was much less common in Europe circa 1992, compared to today, those values make perfect sense for the context and setting of this particular CSR.

and now you tempt me to beat you on that

Washi Harmony 2.0 16V

Only flying is more beautiful.

(Sry for the simple Advertisement, maybe someone can teach me some skills :slight_smile: )

22 Likes