FITE ME 4! (entries closed, scrutineering in progress)

Should the decade be incorporated into the model name somehow?

Glad the rules didn’t change much. Had a chance to build some stuff when this came up, hopefully will find time to give them a once-over before the deadline.

I think so, to make it easier to distinguish between multiple entries from the same user (if said user send more than one car).

Does anyone know how to stop from spinning out? I have a car with top speed 200 mph but even at 50 mph I’m not sure why I keep spinning out.

You can tune your entry for more understeer by tweaking the suspension as follows:

• Reduce front camber angle relative to rear camber angle
  • Reduce rear sway bar stiffness relative to front sway bar stiffness
  • Reduce rear spring rate relative to front spring rate (make sure to adjust damper stiffness accordingly)

Shifting your car’s weight balance further forward will also induce understeer, albeit at increased cost (in terms of AMU). Increasing the rear tire width relative to the front will have the same effect, but be mindful of the tire width limit (which depends on your car’s weight). Adjusting the aerodynamics (more rear downforce relative to the front) also helps, again keeping in mind the maximum values (above which penalties apply).

It would be very hard to find the problem without seeing what you’ve built. I would suggest looking at the stabilizers (front should be more hefty than the rear). Otherwise, could be anything.

How do I add stabilizers??

Stabilizer bar, sway bar, and anti roll bar are synonymous. I don’t recall off hand which name is used in automation, but it is one of the settings in the suspension tab.

1 Like

Correct. I can’t remember which it is either, but it’s on the bottom, underneath the spring and damper settings.

Is this strictly enforced as classified in automation? i.e., 2 door sedan bodies or 3 door lifback coupe bodies deemed hatchbacks in game are not allowed?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but how do you see the weight distribution of your car in BeamNG? I looked everywhere I thought it would be. Don’t want to keep tuning the car until I know the weight is correct.

EDIT: changed my mind lol, yeah good idea

Use the wheel forces graphic, shows the weight on each corner/wheel.

2 Likes

If you can show me where this happens we can make an exception where it’s clearly an error.

This is the body I am using for an early 90s entry. With the freedom in the morphs I think it works as a liftback coupe.

9 Likes

My 90s entry currently looks something like this:

It’s built on the Z16A body set, specifically the larger version with its 2.45m wheelbase.

1 Like

Damn that profile is so sexy

2 Likes

Good enough for me, just send it!

2 Likes

I think the suspension is about as good as it’s going to get:

2005 Armor Hurricane GT (yes, totally an alternate universe Mustang rival)

1 Like

BeamNG suspension tuning is not really my strong suite, but I did enjoy driving these.

From left to right:
Howler Wraith H
Elmsley Sundance
Octania Silhouette

3 Likes

I’ve completely lost it in the very long rules post but when does this close? I know it’s some place round early July. I have a 90’s and 2010’s set of cars I just need to tidy up.

1 Like