Guide: Suspension Crash Course

Late to the party but thanks for the guide! Very helpful.

Well while Iā€™m enjoying the detailed suspension settings, I just have to say the spring rates range should be expanded to at least up to 180,000 N/m and so as damper correspondingly, because at the current range, which is from 10,000 to 60,000 N/m is way too narrow considering we could make racing cars or semi-racing carsā€¦ those kinds of carsā€™ spring rate is usually like 160,000N/m for the front and 140,000 for the rear(roughly equals 16kg/mm and 14kg/mm )
Maximum rate of 60000N/m is pretty enough for city-use sporty cars, but heck NO for serious race cars.

what do you guys think about?

I think you just missed the point of the game :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, the ranges need to be somewhat modified (become wider, not that wide though)

That was actually an informative suggestion as to what the values actually correspond to! Though yeah, I can see that it does miss the pointā€¦ though obviously Iā€™m one to talk haha :stuck_out_tongue: I guess thereā€™ll always be somebody who wants to push the limits of things.

[quote=ā€œKillrobā€]I think you just missed the point of the game :stuck_out_tongue:
But yeah, the ranges need to be somewhat modified (become wider, not that wide though)[/quote]

Yeah, youā€™re right I know that Iā€™m missing the point of the gameā€¦ :sunglasses:
but wider choice would be great, except devā€™s burden to program them. :mrgreen:
for example, Honda NSX-R used 8.0kg/mm front and 5.7kg/mm for the rear spring.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX
Considering we could produce and sell some frag-ship ā€œsuper carā€, higher spring rate must be there, I think.
oh, and as alwaysā€¦ thank you devs for keeping this awesome game updated! Iā€™m truly looking forward to see this game completed.

Yes, supercars should be covered, so spring rates of 80000 N/m and up need to be achievable.

I made a pdf version of this, so you can read it offline if you like.

Suspension Crash Course.zip (474 KB)

Nice man! Thanks for that. Eventually this will be included in an official Automation manual, though.

thanks i found this guide an ingame life saver i was going crazy to understand when the setups was oversteering or understeering i kept watching the interface without actually really see the graphs (As someone always says to me ā€œyou have the abilty to watch whitout seeingā€ :stuck_out_tongue: )

Great guide. I wish I would have read this earlier. Now comes the hard part of using this knowledge effectively lol.

Thanks for this guide, itā€™s very good to understand the basics, i think.
Is it possible to find anywhere a german version of this guide, because my english is not the best one and google-translater makes it really hard too read :frowning:

@Der_Bayer Now that we have an official wiki which will be more developed in the next weeks, it will be appropriate to move this guide over there. Cheers!